NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

NX made on same line as Rav4

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-22, 09:35 PM
Lead Lap

Received 783 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by LStoneX
I disagree on a number of fronts:

You can't just say that the average age in Canada and US is lower than in Japan without empirical data; Science doesn't work like that.

Second, do you think the workers in Cambridge or Georgetown don't take any pride in their work because they are not in Japan? That's a gross assumption. It's like saying every American loves guns because you have the 2nd amendment.🙄

Third, so you're actually saying that Lexus will pay no attention to the suppliers and allow any crappy company supply the parts for a Lexus vehicle simply because it's made abroad and they don't care? That's another gross assumption that's probably very won't. Irrespective of where the vehicle is made, it carries the Lexus badge. The Lexus that I know it's very meticulous and particular about their badges irrespective of where the vehicle was manufactured.

I would think a poorly made car out of Cambridge or Georgetown would be the exception rather than the norm.

Lexus always touts their exceptionally high standards and quality of all their cars, irrespective of where it's made. I'll trust Lexus's word than a third party engineer who thinks he knows better than the manufacturer.
1. The workers on average have more experience in the Lexus plants in Japan. You cannot disapprove my point without providing evidence of your own that are of contrary.
2. I never said no pride. That is a gross assumption on your part.

3. I never said poorly made cars come out of CA/US. I said on average the quality from the Japan plants are better due to the 3 points in my post.

4. Of course Lexus touts their quality, but here we're not talking about marketing speak, we're talking about reality. There are universally more defects coming out from US/CA factories than Japan. For example, look at the A25A engine block that were defective, coming from TMMC and TMMK, no such issue from the engine plants that made the A25A in Japan. And who supplied the Engine Block? Toyota Bodine Aluminum, Inc. in the US. Which is evidence of part supplier quality.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/202...0V064-0396.pdf

5.Addition evidence of supplier (Aisin Automotive Casting Tennessee, Inc) issue:
"The involved vehicles are equipped with a 2.5L, 4 cylinder A25A-FKS engine, which contains the piston(s) produced at a supplier in the U.S. during a specific period with larger diameter than the specification. Some 2018MY Camry vehicles produced in Japan and exported to the U.S. are equipped with the same engine which contains pistons produced at a supplier in Japan that were produced with the correct diameter specification. "

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...8V200-0702.pdf

6. Yes sure, vote with your wallet, go buy a Toyota made in Russia. It has a Toyota badge right? Are you telling me when a Japan made and a Russia made Toyota sits right next to each other, you will pick the Russian made?

Last edited by 703; 04-16-22 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-16-22, 09:41 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by 703
1. The workers on average have more experience in the Lexus plants in Japan. You cannot disapprove my point without providing evidence of your own that are of contrary.
2. I never said no pride. That is a gross assumption on your part.
3. I never said poorly made cars come out of CA/US. I said on average the quality from the Japan plants are better due to the 3 points in my post.
4. Of course Lexus touts their quality, but here we're not talking about marketing speak, we're talking about reality. There are universally more defects coming out from US/CA factories than Japan. For example, look at the A25A engine block that were defective, coming from TMMC and TMMK, no such issue from the engine plants that made the A25A in Japan. And who supplied the Engine Block? Toyota Bodine Aluminum, Inc. in the US. Which is evidence of part supplier quality.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/202...0V064-0396.pdf

5. Yes sure, vote with your wallet, go buy a Toyota made in Russia. It has a Toyota badge right? Are you telling me when a Japan made and a Russia made Toyota sits right next to each other, you will pick the Russian made?
As long as it comes out of a Toyota approved factory, with Toyota trained technicians. It's good for me. Keep waiting for your made in Japan Lexus.
Old 04-16-22, 09:45 PM
jchall30
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

If these guys couldn’t see the VINs on a Japan made Lexus and a CA/USA made Lexus they wouldn’t know the difference.
The following 3 users liked this post by jchall30:
907 (04-17-22), LStoneX (04-16-22), TipsyTonio (04-19-22)
Old 04-16-22, 09:46 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by jchall30
If these guys couldn’t see the VINs on a Japan made Lexus and a CA/USA made Lexus they wouldn’t know the difference.
Lots of "experts" these days bro! Everyone is an expert nowadays.

I'm an expert at taking Lexus claims as they are without trying to second guess the manufacturer
The following users liked this post:
jchall30 (04-16-22)
Old 04-16-22, 09:56 PM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LStoneX
As long as it comes out of a Toyota approved factory, with Toyota trained technicians. It's good for me. Keep waiting for your made in Japan Lexus.
I have no issue with what you're comfortable with. The discussion was about relative quality at scale between US/CA and Japan with regards to plants and part suppliers. The fact that you keep on insisting there is zero difference is simply false as I have provided evidence for. The assumption is also massively false that because that standards are the same that the end product is exactly the same.

Old 04-16-22, 10:02 PM
jchall30
Driver

Originally Posted by 703
I have no issue with what you're comfortable with. The discussion was about relative quality at scale between US/CA and Japan with regards to plants and part suppliers. The fact that you keep on insisting there is zero difference is simply false as I have provided evidence for. The assumption is also massively false that because that standards are the same that the end product is exactly the same.
Look up Takada airbag recall and see what you find about those superior Japanese parts.
Old 04-16-22, 10:04 PM
nxcanada
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You would be able to tell the difference between a Made in Japan vs. Made in Canada Toyota with the VINs removed, in the fit, finish, and paint job.
Even Dave at the Automotive Press when comparing Made in Japan vs. Made in Canada Rav4's attested to this.
Old 04-16-22, 10:06 PM
jchall30
Driver

Originally Posted by nxcanada
You would be able to tell the difference between a Made in Japan vs. Made in Canada Toyota with the VINs removed, in the fit, finish, and paint job.
Even Dave at the Automotive Press when comparing Made in Japan vs. Made in Canada Rav4's attested to this.
Could you?
Old 04-16-22, 10:12 PM
nxcanada
Driver School Candidate

Could you?
I'm a mechanical engineer. Yes I could.
Old 04-16-22, 10:12 PM
Lead Lap

Look up Takada airbag recall and see what you find about those superior Japanese parts.
It's "Takata". And the root cause is a design and engineering fault, not manufacturing. This thread is about manufacturing differences. Keep to topic. Conflating the premise to draw on irrelevant examples don't really prove your point of view.
Old 04-16-22, 10:13 PM
jchall30
Driver

I'm a mechanical engineer. Yes I could.
You win the internet then I guess
Old 04-16-22, 10:14 PM
nxcanada
Driver School Candidate

You win the internet then I guess
Not entirely sure what you seek to gain from that comment or question for that matter LOL.
Old 04-16-22, 10:18 PM
jchall30
Driver

Originally Posted by 703
It's "Takata". And the root cause is a design and engineering fault, not manufacturing. This thread is about manufacturing differences. Keep to topic. Conflating the premise to draw on irrelevant examples don't really prove your point of view.
Yes but those parts went into a Japanese made Toyotas that you said has superior parts from suppliers.
Old 04-16-22, 10:19 PM
jchall30
Driver

Not entirely sure what you seek to gain from that comment or question for that matter LOL.
‘That comment was because you claimed you were a mechanical engineer so you could tell
Old 04-16-22, 10:21 PM
nxcanada
Driver School Candidate

‘That comment was because you claimed you were a mechanical engineer so you could tell
You actually don't make any logical sense. I would recommend you to get some more schooling.

Quick Reply: NX made on same line as Rav4