NX made on same line as Rav4

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-22 | 09:22 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lsft
A new video on the same topic of Japan vs Canada
https://youtu.be/dcjBwIQFS1c
Thanks for that! That was an interesting watch!
I'll start off by saying that, sadly, I won't be getting a 350h that's Japanese-made, whereas my friend (without the pano roof) already has his. I'll do an apples-to-apples comparison when I get mine.
In terms of that review - although I totally partial to my cars being made in Japan, can't really say that the review posted is a direct comparison.
Firstly, sure, while the cars are both RAV4, they are slightly different. One is a Prime, the other is a Hybrid. That in and of itself, is a point of contention, as they might be made on separate lines, even in the same factory.
Secondly, the variations across samples. a 1:1 is a small sample size, I would love to see a comparison between 2 Japanese cars to see if there is a variation in tolerances. Different robots can have different tolerances, and depending on micro-adjustments, even down to the day or crew that's working on them, could have a difference in tolerances and quality.
Quality is very subjective at this point. I know people that swear by "made in 'murica" quality, and only buy the American-made cars.
I'd love to get a 350h made in Japan - but I guess it's not on the cards.
The following users liked this post:
LStoneX (04-20-22)
Old 04-20-22 | 03:11 PM
Kusala
Pit Crew

I can't comment on the differences in quality between Japan versus Canada's workmanship, but here's what I know. Over the last twenty years, I have driven German cars, all of which were built in Germany. I have had zero issues with any of them. A year and a half ago, I purchased an FJ Cruiser before the prices went crazy, and it too is made in Japan...I bought it used from the Lexus dealership, where I purchased my made-in-Japan NX 400H+ (I'm getting it next week). By the way, the FJ Cruiser had 150,000 KM's, and it came with a warranty.