waiting delivery time for a 450h+

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-23, 10:56 AM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by shiftD7
Before starting the configurator, there is a note about additional fees:
HST, insurance, license, registration, Luxury Surcharge (if, and where applicable) and if leased or financed - applicable PPSA fee of up to $91.25 and PPSA service fee of up to $4 (varies by lease/loan/term/province) are not automatically included in the displayed price of the vehicle. The displayed price includes Freight & PDI of $2,205, Air Conditioning Charge of $100, OMVIC of $10, Environmental Handling Fees of $23.50, and Dealership Fees of up to $1,694. For full and accurate vehicle pricing information, please contact your local Dealership for a detailed quote.

It's possible the starting MSRP of the 450h+ hasn't changed but they are including all of these costs in (it adds up to about $4k) to reflect OTD pricing. If you go through the full build, it still shows a $5K rebate.

My biggest issue with this is that they are essentially normalizing and encouraging dealer markup of at least $1,694.
Yikes! That's not good for all the new buyers.
Old 01-06-23, 07:41 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 600 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by shiftD7
Before starting the configurator, there is a note about additional fees:
HST, insurance, license, registration, Luxury Surcharge (if, and where applicable) and if leased or financed - applicable PPSA fee of up to $91.25 and PPSA service fee of up to $4 (varies by lease/loan/term/province) are not automatically included in the displayed price of the vehicle. The displayed price includes Freight & PDI of $2,205, Air Conditioning Charge of $100, OMVIC of $10, Environmental Handling Fees of $23.50, and Dealership Fees of up to $1,694. For full and accurate vehicle pricing information, please contact your local Dealership for a detailed quote.

It's possible the starting MSRP of the 450h+ hasn't changed but they are including all of these costs in (it adds up to about $4k) to reflect OTD pricing. If you go through the full build, it still shows a $5K rebate.

My biggest issue with this is that they are essentially normalizing and encouraging dealer markup of at least $1,694.
So true. When I got my NX, they just took the calculator and wrote up the bill of sale form.
Old 01-06-23, 07:52 AM
Shaker604
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Utopiag
It's normal. I didn't get a call from my SA until I waited 6 months due to a cancelled order but I declined as it is not what I want in term of trim and color.... and finally get monthly update of no update when I waited 8 or 9 months.
I'm currently waiting at 14 months now
14 months now? damn. what color combo did u go for? imo by the time these 450's become available the competition will be coming out with their own and we'll have more selection. I myself have already inquired about the Audi Q4 Etron, VW ID4, Mazda CX 70 and Lexus RX 450h PHEV.
Old 01-06-23, 08:07 AM
Utopiag
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaker604
14 months now? damn. what color combo did u go for? imo by the time these 450's become available the competition will be coming out with their own and we'll have more selection. I myself have already inquired about the Audi Q4 Etron, VW ID4, Mazda CX 70 and Lexus RX 450h PHEV.
I went with F sport, Cloudburst grey w/ black interior. I'm glad I have a vehicle with very low mileage for daily commute while I wait for it and yes, I totally understand what you are saying. I starting to want calling other dealerships or other models in Lexus. I saw some private listing locally.... now that Lexus increased the price by 5K, it is tempting to approach the private seller!!

Old 01-07-23, 04:26 AM
dbm
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

when did you order yours?
Old 01-07-23, 04:27 AM
dbm
Driver

Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo
Look like the CAD price of the 2023 450h+ has gone up by $4k. Luckily, I was charged the old price when I picked up my 2023 in Dec.

I ordered a 450+ exec package on atomic silver on April 11, 2022... still haven't heard anything yet...

Last edited by dbm; 01-07-23 at 04:32 AM.
Old 01-07-23, 10:33 AM
GoLeafsGo
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dbm

I ordered a 450+ exec package on atomic silver on April 11, 2022... still haven't heard anything yet...
Originally, ordered a 350h on April 23, 2022; changed it to a 450h+ on April 29 when $5k rebate was announced. Mine is standard package, atomic silver, black interior.
Old 01-07-23, 11:39 AM
dbm
Driver

Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo
Originally, ordered a 350h on April 23, 2022; changed it to a 450h+ on April 29 when $5k rebate was announced. Mine is standard package, atomic silver, black interior.
I envy you... same atomic silver with black interior though I ordered the exec package... total silence on my end...

What Lexus dealer did you go to?

Last edited by dbm; 01-07-23 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-07-23, 07:52 PM
GoLeafsGo
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dbm
I envy you... same atomic silver with black interior though I ordered the exec package... total silence on my end...

What Lexus dealer did you go to?
Erin Park Lexus
Old 01-08-23, 11:31 AM
chiguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

For what it's worth... I just had my 450h+ in for its 5k service, and I talked for a bit to my sales rep. Asked if they had gotten any easier to get, and he said no. The last one they got was in November, and they are still charging $7500 over MSRP for them. Guess I'm glad I took the opportunity when it presented itself. I wasn't happy about the dealer mark up, but since I grabbed mine at what I figured was the last chance to get it while the federal rebate was still there, looks like a good thing I did. Now they're no easier or cheaper to get, and no rebate. This is in Maryland btw...
Old 01-09-23, 01:29 PM
SpecialFX9
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Put deposit in early June and now just hit the 7 month mark here in Houston. At the dealership I put a deposit at, I'm 6th on the list for the 450h+, but first on the list for 450h+ F-sport version at that location. Hoping something/anything comes in soon.

Last edited by SpecialFX9; 01-09-23 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-09-23, 02:07 PM
Shaker604
Driver School Candidate

I'm not sure how allocation works in the U.S but here in Canada the ordering allocation process for a 450h+ kind of sucks. I called all the dealerships here in Western Canada and each of them confirmed that the cars are not built by order received. They take your deposit and have a list for color combo. Lexus Canada will then distribute whatever they get from the manufacture to the dealerships & the dealerships don't know what they will receive. As an example if you put in an order for Cadmium Orange, Redline a month ago and a unit came in you could technically luck out and get your car ASAP while the rest of us that have ordered exterior colors like Ultra White, Atomic Silver, Cloudburst Grey are going to have long wait periods.
Old 01-09-23, 02:20 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 600 Likes on 403 Posts

I'm not sure how allocation works in the U.S but here in Canada the ordering allocation process for a 450h+ kind of sucks. I called all the dealerships here in Western Canada and each of them confirmed that the cars are not built by order received. They take your deposit and have a list for color combo. Lexus Canada will then distribute whatever they get from the manufacture to the dealerships & the dealerships don't know what they will receive. As an example if you put in an order for Cadmium Orange, Redline a month ago and a unit came in you could technically luck out and get your car ASAP while the rest of us that have ordered exterior colors like Ultra White, Atomic Silver, Cloudburst Grey are going to have long wait periods.
Very interesting. I really don't know how the allocation works, but I think the US is the same as how you described. I guess I have lucked out with my Cadmium Orange as it's not a popular color most would get. I know I was the first Cadmium Orange and F-Sport at my dealership in Ontario.
Old 01-09-23, 02:25 PM
Utopiag
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I stop bother thinking about it or expect any follow up with my SA. I email him a week ago and let him know I will be out of town next month in Japan, please contact me through email if there is a cancelled order. No reply at all. It almost feels like he doesn't bother interact with me until a car is on the way. Last time he was proactively contact me was a cancelled order which is not the trim I want...

I have been told Regency Lexus has outstanding customer service but I definitely do not feel it at all except the one time I stopped by dealership and test drove a 350h. I almost want to double check if I'm speaking to the same agent as he is very slow on email response (he is younger too, probably in his late 20s or early 30s ) From my brother's experience with them and my current scenario, I don't think I will refer any friend or family to them when I get my car.
Old 01-09-23, 02:34 PM
Shaker604
Driver School Candidate

All the dealerships are like that. My order is with Jim Pattison North Shore and I haven't heard anything since I placed my order. Open Road won't even allow you to place an order unless you have a trade in! I've also heard that they have a "special list in their on Whatsapp group" Whatever that means. I guess that's why you see a few local NX/RX's on the market for resell price's. The bottom line is they hear the same question everyday and they can't do anything about it. You are right in terms of customer service though. As a "luxury or upscale brand" they sure did drop the ball on communication.

Quick Reply: waiting delivery time for a 450h+