NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

waiting delivery time for a 450h+

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-23, 06:27 PM
masonpokie
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From Vancouver, thought I update you guys how long it took for me. Put on waitlist in September 2021 at two dealerships. Contacted by dealership at beginning of December 2022 and finally picked it up end of the month. It is a 450H+ base in Caviar\Red. There is hope guys!!

Last edited by masonpokie; 01-09-23 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-09-23, 06:46 PM
romer
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Utopiag
I stop bother thinking about it or expect any follow up with my SA. I email him a week ago and let him know I will be out of town next month in Japan, please contact me through email if there is a cancelled order. No reply at all. It almost feels like he doesn't bother interact with me until a car is on the way. Last time he was proactively contact me was a cancelled order which is not the trim I want...

I have been told Regency Lexus has outstanding customer service but I definitely do not feel it at all except the one time I stopped by dealership and test drove a 350h. I almost want to double check if I'm speaking to the same agent as he is very slow on email response (he is younger too, probably in his late 20s or early 30s ) From my brother's experience with them and my current scenario, I don't think I will refer any friend or family to them when I get my car.
I'd contact the Sales Manager. And then the General manager if needed. No excuse for what you're experiencing.
Old 01-10-23, 08:14 AM
Utopiag
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaker604
All the dealerships are like that. My order is with Jim Pattison North Shore and I haven't heard anything since I placed my order. Open Road won't even allow you to place an order unless you have a trade in! I've also heard that they have a "special list in their on Whatsapp group" Whatever that means. I guess that's why you see a few local NX/RX's on the market for resell price's. The bottom line is they hear the same question everyday and they can't do anything about it. You are right in terms of customer service though. As a "luxury or upscale brand" they sure did drop the ball on communication.
I contact Open Road Richmond at one point and the sales agent was so rude that I am surprise he called me back in a week and ask if I'm interested to put deposit with him. I called to inquired the car listed on their website (turn out it is their demo car). He was so blunt and asked me if I have a trade in. He cut it short that if I don't have a trade in, do not bother as the waitlist will be few years. If I have a trade in and I decided to ditch Regency and go to them, I have a higher chance with them as he claims their dealership is one of the largest in Western Canada. They will get cars before other Lexus dealership. I'm not sure how true is that but my experiences with Auto Mall dealerships are all horrible including this SA. As much as I want my car so bad, his attitude rub me the wrong way.

I understand they hear the same question daily and I sounds more like a sales than him as I'm very punctuate and polite on the email. Never rude or rushing him to get me a car, all I want is at least a proactive update once in awhile.... but yeah... none of that. However, his attitude was completely different when I was on the floor checking out 350h and test drove it. Not sure is it because his manager is watching. That is the kind of customer service I expected from Lexus.... but once I'm out the door, it back to stage one again.
Old 01-12-23, 10:23 AM
SpecialFX9
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

TALK ABOUT LUCK! We’ve been on the waiting list here in Houston at one of the dealerships for an NX450h+ F-Sport for 8 months now and always seems there’s no end in sight. White was my wife’s preferred color but we would have taken any. I started looking around on cars.com for any new listings but all of those seem to be prepaid already or way too far. I then started looking at other dealerships in Texas and I found one listing in the evening at a Lexus dealership online that I’ve never seen before. I searched their NX database and nothing came up except for the 250 and 350. Then I went to their search bar and typed in NX. Then popped up a 450! F sport was mandatory and it happened to be one. It was Lexus of Lakeway near Austin, TX which is just 2.5 hours away from us.

That next morning, as soon as they opened I called them and asked about it. The lady I spoke to said as soon as they put up the listing yesterday evening, a guy came in within 10 minutes to reserve it. She then told me that the guy might back out and opt for the new RX. She said she would confirm if he’s backing out of the NX. 5 minutes later, I get a call back. Low and behold he did and she sold it to me! It’s an NX450h+ F-Sport in Obsidian with Black Nuluxe. Not my wife’s first choice in color, but it was in her top 4. The car arrives at their dealership next month.

For all that are still looking, search all your dealerships in your state for their online website and see if there’s a random listing. You might get lucky!

sorry for the long post but after 8 months of waiting, I got lucky and secured one within 12 hours. A HUGE thank you to Melanie at Lexus of Lakeway, she was awesome and made the whole process seamless.

Last edited by SpecialFX9; 01-12-23 at 10:58 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by SpecialFX9:
HeavenSold (01-12-23), lsft (01-12-23), Utopiag (01-12-23)
Old 01-12-23, 10:31 AM
Shaker604
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SpecialFX9
TALK ABOUT LUCK! We’ve been the waiting list here in Houston at one of the dealerships for an NX450h+ F-Sport for 8 months now and always seems there’s no end in sight. White was my wife’s preferred color but we would have taken any. I started looking around on cars.com for any new listings but all of those seem to be prepaid already. I then started looking at other dealerships in Texas and I found one listing in the evening at a Lexus dealership online that I’ve never seen before. I searched their NX database and nothing came up except for the 250 and 350. Then I went to their search bar and typed in NX. Then popped up a 450! It was Lexus of Lakeway near Austin, TX which is just 2.5 hours away from us.

That next morning, as soon as they opened I called them and asked about it. The last I spoke to said as soon as they put up the listing yesterday evening, a guy came in within 10 minutes to reserve it. She then told me that the guy might back out and opt for the new RX. She said she would confirm if he’s backing out of the NX. Low and behold he did and she sold it to me! It’s an NX450h+ F-Sport in Obsidian with Black Nuluxe. Not my wife’s first choice in color, but it was in her top 4. The car arrives at their dealership next month.

For all that are still looking, search all your dealerships in your state for their online website and see if there’s a random listing. You might get lucky!

sorry for the long post but after 8 months of waiting, I got lucky and secured one within 12 hours.
Congrats. You definately lucked out. Here in Western Canada, some of the dealerships won't even sell to you if you're not local. About 3 months ago, I found a F-Sport in Ultrasonic Blue with black interior in Victoria B.C and they said it was for sale and that I could come in to sign papers but as soon as they found out that I was from Vancouver they told me they only sell to local residents. I was pretty bummed out as I was even willing to take a ferry over to the island to buy the car.
The following 3 users liked this post by Shaker604:
HeavenSold (01-12-23), SpecialFX9 (01-13-23), Utopiag (01-12-23)
Old 01-13-23, 10:31 AM
SpecialFX9
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats. You definately lucked out. Here in Western Canada, some of the dealerships won't even sell to you if you're not local. About 3 months ago, I found a F-Sport in Ultrasonic Blue with black interior in Victoria B.C and they said it was for sale and that I could come in to sign papers but as soon as they found out that I was from Vancouver they told me they only sell to local residents. I was pretty bummed out as I was even willing to take a ferry over to the island to buy the car.
Thank you so much! It’s been a long 8 month journey and I’m sure others have waited longer, but I’m glad the search and waiting is over. Man that stinks that other dealership wouldn’t sell to you. That USB is a beautiful color too! I hope you get yours soon! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Old 02-27-23, 11:17 AM
Shaker604
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

After 5 months of waiting, multiple dealers declining me to getting a NX 450h+ F Sport that was available (saw online was available but then decided to sell to other customers), I decided to cancel my order today. What a disappointing experience with 3 Lexus dealerships. Maybe in the future I'll potentially come back but for now, I have decided to go to the land of Zoom Zoom and placed my deposit ($100) for a Mazda CX 90 PHEV GT in Artisan Red. I wish you guys the best of luck in getting your vehicles & will be lurking around to see how delivery times of these 450h+'s are lol.
Old 02-27-23, 11:56 AM
Mkx2go
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

After 5 months of waiting, multiple dealers declining me to getting a NX 450h+ F Sport that was available (saw online was available but then decided to sell to other customers), I decided to cancel my order today. What a disappointing experience with 3 Lexus dealerships. Maybe in the future I'll potentially come back but for now, I have decided to go to the land of Zoom Zoom and placed my deposit ($100) for a Mazda CX 90 PHEV GT in Artisan Red. I wish you guys the best of luck in getting your vehicles & will be lurking around to see how delivery times of these 450h+'s are lol.
Coming up to 9 months for me in Ont. gta area... Still no word
Old 02-28-23, 01:30 AM
NiCoRe
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Things are a little bit different here (Western Europe), we are used to order our car (with our choice of trim level and options) rather than purchasing it from a dealership allocation...You can buy a dealership car but it will be a demo one or an employee's service one.
For my NX 450H+ (top spec but w/o F sport pack), the order was placed on Feb 15th 2022 and I just received a call from my dealership yesterday. My car will be delivered to the dealership on March 27th 2023 (This means it is on the carrier and will be delivered to Zeebruge - Belgium mid march before being moved to Valenciennes - France where Lexus France holding area is located and then transported to Paris). They will need around 6 to 10 days to make it ready for delivery and get the licence plates (which I need to get insurance coverage before getting to the dealership).
So 13 to 14 months waiting time (+3 to 4 months vs previsional waiting time)
Old 02-28-23, 09:40 AM
Mkx2go
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by NiCoRe
Things are a little bit different here (Western Europe), we are used to order our car (with our choice of trim level and options) rather than purchasing it from a dealership allocation...You can buy a dealership car but it will be a demo one or an employee's service one.
For my NX 450H+ (top spec but w/o F sport pack), the order was placed on Feb 15th 2022 and I just received a call from my dealership yesterday. My car will be delivered to the dealership on March 27th 2023 (This means it is on the carrier and will be delivered to Zeebruge - Belgium mid march before being moved to Valenciennes - France where Lexus France holding area is located and then transported to Paris). They will need around 6 to 10 days to make it ready for delivery and get the licence plates (which I need to get insurance coverage before getting to the dealership).
So 13 to 14 months waiting time (+3 to 4 months vs previsional waiting time)
Glad to hear it's getting to you soon. Looks like production is picking up so hopefully I may hear soon.
Old 02-28-23, 01:52 PM
andys1548
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry but is the 450h+ wait times a lot more different than the normal 350h. I know it’s built in Japan which extends the wait time. But reading how allocation goes I assumed what ever your order is what they produce in how ever long the list is. I ordered a 350h after new years and their computer said “pending fulfillment”
Old 02-28-23, 06:42 PM
Utopiag
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Mkx2go
Glad to hear it's getting to you soon. Looks like production is picking up so hopefully I may hear soon.
I'm on the 16th months of waiting and have a build date of March 25th in Japan. Mine is F sport with Cloudburst grey.
The following users liked this post:
lsft (03-04-23)
Old 02-28-23, 07:08 PM
Mkx2go
Pit Crew

I'm on the 16th months of waiting and have a build date of March 25th in Japan. Mine is F sport with Cloudburst grey.
I ordered the Executive package, Caviar/Rioja red I did not like the f-sport seats. All I am hoping for is that it comes this year I don't think the 2024 price will stay the same for another year. The $5000 rebate will go away in 2024 I am sure. In Ontario the **** head premier took away the EV incentives. So all we get here is the Federal rebate. Not a game changer for me but $5000 is a lot to miss out on.
Old 03-02-23, 02:41 AM
dbm
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

My order for the 450+ executive was placed April 11, 2022... last I checked with the dealership I was told to expect delivery this fall... of course, no promises...
Old 03-02-23, 09:21 AM
TheHVACguy
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been waiting 11 months, regency lexus. I’m tired of waiting over and over and put deposit on model y last month. I’ll get whatever comes first pretty much model y I guess

Quick Reply: waiting delivery time for a 450h+