NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

waiting delivery time for a 450h+

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-23, 09:22 AM
Mkx2go
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by dbm
My order for the 450+ executive was placed April 11, 2022... last I checked with the dealership I was told to expect delivery this fall... of course, no promises...
My Dealership in Ajax does not contact me or if I contact them they say we don't know..
Old 03-02-23, 10:48 AM
dbm
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I bugged my guy every month since October and he's pretty cool... I ordered through Ken Shaw... he ended getting the sales manager to call into Lexus... at least that's what he told me... though I believe him... he won't get his commission till I'm getting my car so he's got some incentive as well...
Old 03-05-23, 10:37 AM
reereeyyz
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andys1548
Sorry but is the 450h+ wait times a lot more different than the normal 350h. I know it’s built in Japan which extends the wait time. But reading how allocation goes I assumed what ever your order is what they produce in how ever long the list is. I ordered a 350h after new years and their computer said “pending fulfillment”
I'm told 350h wait times are down to 4-6 months. For 450h+, it sounds like it has not changed and is over a year.
Old 03-05-23, 10:57 AM
SpecialFX9
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

My wife’s 450h+ F Sport arrived at Lexus of Lakeway on Monday and we flew out to Austin on Wednesday (from Houston) to pick it up. After waiting 9 months waiting for one in Houston, I got lucky one day found a listing on Lakeway’s site one evening. Called the next morning to see if it’s available and salesperson said someone claimed it that night it was listed but decided the next morning to cancel for the new RX. They sold it to us. It was already on the boat from Japan in January and arrived a month and a half later.

So glad the wait is over. We got extremely lucky to even find a 450h+ in Texas, let alone an F Sport. Black wasn’t her first choice, but we’ll take what we can get. Now off to get PPF, Ceramic coating, tint, aluminum front lip wrapped and calipers painted.
The following users liked this post:
Dkaplan (03-05-23)
Old 03-06-23, 01:20 PM
lightzen
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Was at the dealership to get my NX serviced. Spoke to my sales at my dealership, he showed me the delivery numbers for NX450h+ at their dealership. In 2022 they got ~80 and in 2023 it was projected that they would only get ~60. Looks like the numbers are down for 2023. Might not be true for your dealerships but this one is the biggest Lexus dealership in my area.

The NX350h, however, was projected to have more delivered in 2023.
Old 03-07-23, 11:53 AM
lexsc4
Instructor

Received 193 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by lightzen
Was at the dealership to get my NX serviced. Spoke to my sales at my dealership, he showed me the delivery numbers for NX450h+ at their dealership. In 2022 they got ~80 and in 2023 it was projected that they would only get ~60. Looks like the numbers are down for 2023. Might not be true for your dealerships but this one is the biggest Lexus dealership in my area.

The NX350h, however, was projected to have more delivered in 2023.
A few weeks ago we put in an deposit on a NX350H here with the biggest Lexus dealer in the SF Bay Area. The salesperson show me his screen and they have people lining up on both NX and RX hybrids. He can't even tell me when it will be available until he see his dealer's allocation in April. He thinks most likely 3-6 months which we are OK with. Now hopefully with high/increasing interest rate, there will be less buyers? But who knows, seems like this area everyone are millionaires with new cars and Teslas everywhere??????
My wife wants the Cloudburst and red interior only, nothing else......so choice maybe limited......
RandallC (03-11-23)
Old 03-07-23, 12:25 PM
Utopiag
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by lexsc4
A few weeks ago we put in an deposit on a NX350H here with the biggest Lexus dealer in the SF Bay Area. The salesperson show me his screen and they have people lining up on both NX and RX hybrids. He can't even tell me when it will be available until he see his dealer's allocation in April. He thinks most likely 3-6 months which we are OK with. Now hopefully with high/increasing interest rate, there will be less buyers? But who knows, seems like this area everyone are millionaires with new cars and Teslas everywhere??????
My wife wants the Cloudburst and red interior only, nothing else......so choice maybe limited......
If your wife only want Cloudburst and red interior only, chance is the wait will be very long. It is best to treat it as a concept car and forget about it; otherwise, the wait is going to be painful.
Like your wife, I only want F sport, cloudburst 450h+.... even though I knew the wait will be long but never did I expect it will be THIS long. I placed my order at end of Oct 2021 and finally have a build date end of this month... so that give you a rough idea..
To be fair, I did change my mind on color from Caviar to Cloudburst grey when I test drove the car in mid-Jan 2022, so that could also be a reason that it is taking so long.

However, I do have a perfectly fine car driving as daily commute, so the long wait does not bother me. It is the part that I was waiting in the dark with no update from the dealership was painful.
Old 03-07-23, 12:37 PM
lexsc4
Instructor

Received 193 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Utopiag
If your wife only want Cloudburst and red interior only, chance is the wait will be very long. It is best to treat it as a concept car and forget about it; otherwise, the wait is going to be painful.
Like your wife, I only want F sport, cloudburst 450h+.... even though I knew the wait will be long but never did I expect it will be THIS long. I placed my order at end of Oct 2021 and finally have a build date end of this month... so that give you a rough idea..
To be fair, I did change my mind on color from Caviar to Cloudburst grey when I test drove the car in mid-Jan 2022, so that could also be a reason that it is taking so long.

However, I do have a perfectly fine car driving as daily commute, so the long wait does not bother me. It is the part that I was waiting in the dark with no update from the dealership was painful.
Yeah I think you are right about the color combo. It will be a while but we are ok since we have cars and my son wont be getting his license in about 9 months and he just won’t get to drive to school until the NX arrives. Well let’s see what happens, wife may be open to other interior colors, but cloudburst is pretty much set in stone. I was gonna order her a Tesla MYLR in January when Tesla dropped their price but she flatly refused an EV for now. Sometimes I don’t understand women, she is a stay at home mom/wife and EV is perfect for her need, she only drives 5K miles a year max.
Old 03-10-23, 12:34 PM
kck88
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Put down a deposit on a NX 450h+ base on Nov 2022, checked with SA early Feb, still saying over 1 year wait. But a week later, got an email from SA saying they have an extra NX 450h+ base coming early May, just with different interior color that I ordered (black instead of red), ask me whether i want it or not, so I said Yes. Hopefully no more delay.
lsft (03-10-23)
Old 05-24-23, 08:14 PM
onestone
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

finally i got my 2024 nx caviar 450h+ utral luxury which is base model ( 450h+)lexus nx. ordered 2022 model on erin park lexus ( mississauga ontario canada)on 2022 middle of may. been exact 1 year. I talked one of dealer and he told me that it usually take 1 year and 6 months. i guess i was lucky or some one canceled order.
and i do recommend erin park lexus cause they do not take administration fee. I know most of automotive dealer charge administration fee( not just lexus , but i know couple of dealer dose not take administartion fee. I believe it just another extra charge (extra profit of dealer). maybe some other dealer might waive the fee too. but for sure erin park lexus dose not charge. i know Richmond hill lexus charged me last time when i bought lexus es. and i did quote at lexus on the park charged it too. so whoever thinking to order lexus, go to erin park lexus, to save extra $500+ . oh and I called insurance, i was little surprised about the cost of insurance. lexus car insurance use to be lower before, but now is higher cause of famous stolen car% (lexus rx i think) so keep in mind about the insurance budget too.
anyway good luck to every one who is waiting for lexus nx 450h+

Last edited by onestone; 05-24-23 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-24-23, 08:31 PM
Mkx2go
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by onestone
finally i got my caviar 450h+ utral luxury which is base model ( 450h+)lexus nx. ordered on erin park lexus ( mississauga ontario canada)on 2022 middle of may. been exact 1 year. I talked one of dealer and he told me that it usually take 1 year and 6 months. i guess i was lucky or some one canceled order.
and i do recommend erin park lexus cause they do not take administration fee. I know most of automotive dealer charge administration fee( not just lexus , but i know couple of dealer dose not take administartion fee. I believe it just another extra charge (extra profit of dealer). maybe some other dealer might waive the fee too. but for sure erin park lexus dose not charge. i know Richmond hill lexus charged me last time when i bought lexus es. and i did quote at lexus on the park charged it too. so whoever thinking to order lexus, go to erin park lexus, to save extra $500+ . oh and I called insurance, i was little surprised about the cost of insurance. lexus car insurance use to be lower before, but now is higher cause of famous stolen car% (lexus rx i think) so keep in mind about the insurance budget too.
anyway good luck to every one who is waiting for lexus nx 450h+
I ordered 450h+ last June Caviar as well Executive from Ajax Lexus, getting a little annoyed that I still have heard nothing. Congrats
Old 05-24-23, 08:33 PM
onestone
10th Gear

i wasn't expecting either. hope you will get contact from dealer soon.
thx and good luck!
Old 05-24-23, 09:14 PM
Mkx2go
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by onestone
i wasn't expecting either. hope you will get contact from dealer soon.
thx and good luck!
Did they give you a build date? or did they just call you to say it arrived.
Old 05-24-23, 10:34 PM
dmv
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my dealership had seven. they wanted to make room for the 2024 models. bought below msrp.
Old 05-25-23, 06:11 AM
onestone
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Mkx2go
Did they give you a build date? or did they just call you to say it arrived.
i just got called that my car is ready.

Quick Reply: waiting delivery time for a 450h+