NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Can I ask if people are paying a premium or X amount over MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-22 | 09:16 AM
slowdonald
Rookie

Originally Posted by Randyp1234
We just put down a deposit on a 350 and the dealer in Peoria, Illinois does not add to sticker. The salesman told us Lexus frowns on that and wants to know about places that do,
I would love to let let Lexus know, but something tells me they’re not going to stop allocating vehicles to every dealership in MD, DC and VA.
Old 04-17-22 | 10:18 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by jchall30
Total cost was 2700. I have done it to three previous cars and no issues trading because of it. If anything it would help trade in in case it saved your front in from rock chips and such.
Caviar color? Do those treatments change the look at all? Shinier?
Old 04-17-22 | 11:28 AM
jchall30
Driver

Originally Posted by LiBeRtAs
Caviar color? Do those treatments change the look at all? Shinier?
Mine is actually Obsidian. Caviar isn’t available in the 450h+. If you have PPF installed they will do a paint correction before installing. That with the ceramic coating makes the color seem to pop more
Old 04-17-22 | 11:37 AM
Kusala
Pit Crew

I have had all my cars treated entirely in PPF for years. Doing so adds value to the vehicle. Also, confirm which brand of PPF is being used. Xpel self-healing is the best.

I'm adding Xpel to my 450H+ as an add-on by the dealership.

What did it cost to do that on this car if I can ask?

Have you done this to other cars you have purchased, and is selling or trading them in later an issue because of these changes?

I recently sold a car to Carvana and I noticed they ask about any modifications to the car.
Old 04-17-22 | 11:58 AM
jchall30
Driver

Originally Posted by Jagaro
I have had all my cars treated entirely in PPF for years. Doing so adds value to the vehicle. Also, confirm which brand of PPF is being used. Xpel self-healing is the best.

I'm adding Xpel to my 450H+ as an add-on by the dealership.
Same here. Xpel is what was installed on mine
The following 2 users liked this post by jchall30:
Nx350fspt (06-09-22), twitte (04-17-22)
Old 04-17-22 | 12:56 PM
DeathDeal
2nd gear

I paid $3000 over for a 350 fsport . All Lexus dealers in New York area are marking up 350 fsport models and above.
Old 04-17-22 | 12:59 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Mine is actually Obsidian. Caviar isn’t available in the 450h+. If you have PPF installed they will do a paint correction before installing. That with the ceramic coating makes the color seem to pop more
How long to charge your battery just plugging it into the wall without any special charger if it’s empty, do you know?

You can get 35 miles on a full charge?
Old 04-17-22 | 01:03 PM
Earman
Pit Crew

Where I live most car dealers are adding to MSRP.

My Lexus dealer is not but most of the other Lexus dealers I have looked at in my area are.

Can folks here say if they are paying a premium or not?
I paid MSRP for my NX450h+ (Executive package) in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I had to wait almost a year to get it and I guess the loaded models are allocated first...
Old 04-17-22 | 01:04 PM
twitte
Pit Crew

Default Price paid for NX 450h+

Where I live most car dealers are adding to MSRP.

My Lexus dealer is not but most of the other Lexus dealers I have looked at in my area are.

Can folks here say if they are paying a premium or not?
There is a similar thread that also gives you details on what people are paying. I posted my window sticker and also all the "extras" that were added by the dealer and/or me. Check out:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...rice-paid.html
The following users liked this post:
LiBeRtAs (04-17-22)
Old 04-17-22 | 02:12 PM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

How long to charge your battery just plugging it into the wall without any special charger if it’s empty, do you know?

I have been getting 44 miles on a full charge.
Old 04-17-22 | 02:35 PM
jchall30
Driver

Ive been getting about 40 miles to a full charge and it’s slowly going up as the weather warms. I installed a level 2 charger before I got mine but I did try the factory charger once to make sure it worked and the car and app said 11 1/2 hours to full charge.
Old 04-17-22 | 02:59 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Ive been getting about 40 miles to a full charge and it’s slowly going up as the weather warms. I installed a level 2 charger before I got mine but I did try the factory charger once to make sure it worked and the car and app said 11 1/2 hours to full charge.
11 1/2 hours to charge to get a 35 mile range, does that mean a full electric car like a Tesla with a 200 mile range would be seven times that? Can’t possibly be, or can it?
Old 04-17-22 | 03:00 PM
Earman
Pit Crew

I have been getting about 40 miles to a full charge and it’s slowly going up as the weather warms. I installed a level 2 charger before I got mine but I did try the factory charger once to make sure it worked and the car and app said 11 1/2 hours to full charge.
From totally depleted battery to full charge took just a bit over 11 hours when I did it. I typically don't let the battery drain totally as I am driving mainly short distances in the city and I rarely drop more than half the capacity. Typically, the way I am driving, it takes 3 to 5 hours to charge (110v /20A) each day.
Old 04-17-22 | 03:05 PM
Earman
Pit Crew

11 1/2 hours to charge to get a 35 mile range, does that mean a full electric car like a Tesla with a 200 mile range would be seven times that? Can’t possibly be, or can it?
I cannot get a level 2 in my parking spot, just a dedicated 20A/110v plug. I looked at Tesla but it would take several days to recharge it fully (you can only charge at about 3 miles of range per hour parked)! Now, if someone is using a Tesla only for short city trips and charging overnight it would work but not for long distance driving. 110v charging is definitely not the proper way to charge a Tesla...
Old 04-17-22 | 03:49 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Quick Reply: Can I ask if people are paying a premium or X amount over MSRP?