NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Anyone have step-by-step video or otherwise how to use HUD for cruise control and oth

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-22 | 09:01 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Default Anyone have step-by-step video or otherwise how to use HUD for cruise control and oth

I’m learning that the display and the limited buttons on the steering wheel can get confusing, I don’t have my car yet but I want to learn as much as I can before I get it. If anyone has a video or a step-by-step of how to use HUD to control everything especially the radar cruise control or adaptive cruise control I would appreciate it.

I guess if you turn HUD off you can use the buttons on the wheel but not sure how to do that either. The steering wheel buttons are different if you have the HUD display.

HUD (heads up display)
Old 04-17-22 | 12:04 PM
lsft
Racer

I have 2 videos on head up display. Slowly will be adding videos on adaptive cruise.

It's not hard to use once you understand how it works. Subscribe to my channel.

This is the latest video on the head up display... A hidden feature or not complete feature.

The following 4 users liked this post by lsft:
Earman (04-17-22), LiBeRtAs (04-17-22), SenorValas (04-20-22), twitte (04-17-22)
Old 04-17-22 | 01:14 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by lsft
I have 2 videos on head up display. Slowly will be adding videos on adaptive cruise.

This is the latest video on the head up display... A hidden feature or not complete feature.

https://youtu.be/oYq5NgQtwlk
Thank you, do you have videos of how to work the HUD and what the differences between standard and the other modes of the HUD are?

From reading it seems you have to turn it off to do certain things with the wheel buttons and that’s confusing also.

HUD has full, standard and minimal modes, I need to know more about that. I subscribed to your channel.

Why did you have to fold the mirrors to use the panoramic view monitor to park in one of your videos?

Watched your lane change assist video, is the car turning the turn signal on when it needs to change lanes because of traffic or do you have to turn the signal on before the car will change lanes? If you have change lane assist and adaptive cruise control both on, does the car change lanes without you having to do anything?

Sorry for so many questions, I saw your screen saying “charging event“, is your car a 450H, why would it be talking about a charging event if it’s not the plug-in?

Last edited by LiBeRtAs; 04-17-22 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-17-22 | 01:28 PM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by LiBeRtAs
Thank you, do you have videos of how to work the HUD and what the differences between standard and the other modes of the HUD are?

From reading it seems you have to turn it off to do certain things with the wheel buttons and that’s confusing also.

HUD has full, standard and minimal modes, I need to know more about that. I subscribed to your channel.
I will cover that when I do the another head up display video.

Why did you have to fold the mirrors to use the panoramic view monitor to park in one of your videos?
When you fold the mirrors, you can see the side lines and know how far away. You could look at the top down view to get a sense of where you are in the spot, but folding the mirrors give you the side view of the car.

Watched your lane change assist video, is the car turning the turn signal on when it needs to change lanes because of traffic or do you have to turn the signal on before the car will change lanes?
You hold down the change signal to the direction you want to change lanes and it will change lanes for you when it's safe to do so. The car will not change lanes itself. NX does not have the teammate feature that is available on the new LS.

Old 04-17-22 | 01:45 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

I will cover that when I do the another head up display video.

When you fold the mirrors, you can see the side lines and know how far away. You could look at the top down view to get a sense of where you are in the spot, but folding the mirrors give you the side view of the car.

You hold down the change signal to the direction you want to change lanes and it will change lanes for you when it's safe to do so. The car will not change lanes itself. NX does not have the teammate feature that is available on the new LS.
Thanks, watching one of your videos for the 450 H I just learned that you can charge the electric motor which can get you 35 miles per full charge by just letting the gas engine charge it; it’s only up to 80% but still that’s a huge deal you don’t even have to plug the car in to the electricity so you could be charging the electric motor the whole time you’re driving in hybrid mode or you have to put it in charge mode but you could do that while you were driving, right?
Old 04-18-22 | 12:48 PM
lsft
Racer

You can use the HOLD CHG button while you are driving. It will take a toll on the your mpg.
Old 04-19-22 | 05:39 AM
gwang267
Rookie

Thanks, watching one of your videos for the 450 H I just learned that you can charge the electric motor which can get you 35 miles per full charge by just letting the gas engine charge it; it’s only up to 80% but still that’s a huge deal you don’t even have to plug the car in to the electricity so you could be charging the electric motor the whole time you’re driving in hybrid mode or you have to put it in charge mode but you could do that while you were driving, right?
Ive tested the fuel economy on my 450 with the hold charge and it is significant but does work. I went from about 2km left to 25km ev range on an hour-ish highway drive. My fuel economy went from 6~ish L/100km up to 8~ish L/100km with with cruise set at 120km/h both times.
The following users liked this post:
lsft (04-19-22)
Old 04-19-22 | 08:45 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by gwang267
Ive tested the fuel economy on my 450 with the hold charge and it is significant but does work. I went from about 2km left to 25km ev range on an hour-ish highway drive. My fuel economy went from 6~ish L/100km up to 8~ish L/100km with with cruise set at 120km/h both times.
So if you drove 120km/h, means you had hold charge on for 120km and you used about 2L/100km which equals to 2.4L of extra gas used to charge 23km range. Which means it's 10.44L/100km to use hold charge. It's definitely no worth it unless you need to use up the gas in your tank. You rather drive HV mode as it is more efficient.
shiftD7 (04-19-22)
Old 04-19-22 | 09:44 AM
gwang267
Rookie

So if you drove 120km/h, means you had hold charge on for 120km and you used about 2L/100km which equals to 2.4L of extra gas used to charge 23km range. Which means it's 10.44L/100km to use hold charge. It's definitely no worth it unless you need to use up the gas in your tank. You rather drive HV mode as it is more efficient.

I think you added an extra 2L/100km ish in there. The 8L/100km already has that extra gas used in there. I don't think 10.44L/100km makes sense, not sure how you are calculating it. I could be wrong though.
Old 04-19-22 | 11:26 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by gwang267
I think you added an extra 2L/100km ish in there. The 8L/100km already has that extra gas used in there. I don't think 10.44L/100km makes sense, not sure how you are calculating it. I could be wrong though.
So you if you didn't use hold charge you will be like say 6.5L/100km, when you used it - you used 8.5L/100km. Which means you used 2L/100km extra. You said it gained 23km when you drove an hour-ish driving 120km/hr. So I converted that to 2.4L/100km. But because you only gained 23km during this drive, It would be mean in order to gain 100km of EV range, you would need about 4 times the 2.4L of gas used to get 100km of range and that is how I got 10.44L/100km.

Hope that makes sense.
Old 04-20-22 | 02:36 AM
SenorValas
Driver

https://youtu.be/oYq5NgQtwlk
Thank you for posting the video. I tested this "hidden feature" on my NX350h yesterday (i.e. to get the hybrid monitor in the HUD) and it worked OK but I don't think it's worth all the hassle of disabling the various other functions (LTA; etc.) to get it to work. If Lexus could make this an easy "enable\disable" feature (as you suggested) I would probably use it but for now I'll leave the other functions turned on and revert to the default HUD.
lsft (04-20-22)
Old 04-20-22 | 06:58 AM
gwang267
Rookie

So you if you didn't use hold charge you will be like say 6.5L/100km, when you used it - you used 8.5L/100km. Which means you used 2L/100km extra. You said it gained 23km when you drove an hour-ish driving 120km/hr. So I converted that to 2.4L/100km. But because you only gained 23km during this drive, It would be mean in order to gain 100km of EV range, you would need about 4 times the 2.4L of gas used to get 100km of range and that is how I got 10.44L/100km.

Hope that makes sense.
Oh I see what you did, you mean 10.44L/100km of theoretical EV Charge. I guess that is one way to look at it.
Old 04-22-22 | 04:38 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Hope that makes sense.
Saw today's steering wheel video, thanks for doing it.

I dont have my car yet, but you said you turn off HUD to look at the dash for wheel controls instead of windshield, so my questions today are::

1. How or where do you go to turn HUD off?
2. Can you engage radar cruise by saying "Hey Lexus?" , what else can you do with that?
3. If HUD is on or off, lets say off, how do you engage radar cruise on those right side wheel buttons? Step by step?
4. If HUD is on how do you engage radar cruise and lane change assist etc?

When I have my car this will be easier but since you offered I am trying to learn as much as I can now...I have liked your videos and subscribed!
PS in one video you show the backup camera washer and your left hand is off screen, where is that button to operate it?
Old 04-22-22 | 07:35 PM
lsft
Racer

Saw today's steering wheel video, thanks for doing it.

I dont have my car yet, but you said you turn off HUD to look at the dash for wheel controls instead of windshield, so my questions today are::

1. How or where do you go to turn HUD off?
2. Can you engage radar cruise by saying "Hey Lexus?" , what else can you do with that?
3. If HUD is on or off, lets say off, how do you engage radar cruise on those right side wheel buttons? Step by step?
4. If HUD is on how do you engage radar cruise and lane change assist etc?

When I have my car this will be easier but since you offered I am trying to learn as much as I can now...I have liked your videos and subscribed!
PS in one video you show the backup camera washer and your left hand is off screen, where is that button to operate it?
​​​​​​Great questions. I did say in the video my next video regarding steering wheel and HUD will be with the adaptive cruise.

The backup camera washer was recorded when i test drove the car. I'll record a new version with other content.

Stay tune to the videos.