350 F Sport Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-22, 08:17 PM
JLeon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350 F Sport Questions

Hi Folks,

Just recently visited a Lexus dealer over the weekend to inquire about the FSport. All they had on the lot to test drive was base NX350 so I was unable to see how the F Sports seats were.

For those with the FSport edition, do you find these seats comfortable on longer drives (3+ hour road trips). Seems to be a hit or miss.. I had an MK6 GTI Autobahn in the past for reference and loved those seats.

Also - has anyone recently placed an order for a FSport? The dealer I went to told me that they actually stopped taking orders and are only receiving preconfigured FSports. He also mentioned to me he hasn't seen a FSport come in since Feb which doesn't sound too promising.

Old 04-20-22, 06:44 AM
scooky
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Hopefully you will get a more relevant answer than mine, but I'll share if it helps.
We have test driven a non F-Sport NX and I have no direct experience with the NX F-Sport seats. Sorry I don't have that info for you.

We do however, have an F-Sport RC and do long multi day road trips with it.
We love the seats (and suspension) in that car. Especially on long road trips. The extra bolstering in the hips and torso don't feel excessive, but keep us more stable when touring through the mountains etc. I was also lucky to get it in a year that they had the Rioja red available with the F-Sport instead of Circuit red which we like less.
The nuluxe is soft and comfy. After 4 years it looks brand new. I would be happy to have nuluxe on future cars as well. Leather in the non F-Sport is probably great too, but haven't had it yet.
The F-Sport suspension in the RC is also extremely comfortable. I think of it as more of a touring suspension than a sport one. It's great for distance and gliding through the mountains with stability. Not great for track and never rough. I have friends with sport setups from some other brands that say they wouldn't want to sit in it for more than a few hours. But they are great on the track.

So, back to the NX. We are not getting an F-Sport on our NX. But honestly this is almost completely about colors. It is primarily my wife's car and her smile factor is the driving factor. I don't think we found a single exterior/interior color combo that either of us liked that much. Several Luxury model colors we both loved though.
We would both get an F-Sport without a doubt if the colors worked out.
Based on our experience, I suspect the F-Sport would be more comfortable than the Luxury on longer trips.
We like the nuluxe, but the leather is probably great too. Long term it wouldn't surprise me if the nuluxe was better than the leather.
We like the upgraded suspension, but the other seems capable too.
We both prefer some of the other styling options on the Luxury over the F-Sport. Wood trim, grill, non-aluminum pedals, etc.

I wish they called it a touring or sport-touring package instead of F-Sport. I think that's more what the function of the car is like to me. The sport focus nudges it the styling to a different demographic than us.
I respect auto manufacturers need to make categories and bucket things together. I'm sure they have done their market research. Customers will always want a little from column A and some from column B.

Of course, comfort is very individual so everyone will have a different opinion.
Old 04-20-22, 04:50 PM
Htrain
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I've had my NX450h+ (F-Sport) for a couple of weeks now and find the seats extremely conferrable. My longest trips far has been about 1 1/2 hrs and found them just as comfortable as the seats in my RX5450 F-sport in which I had several long trips (4 -5hrs)

Last edited by Htrain; 04-20-22 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-21-22, 04:49 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

I have had two F sport seats on an Rx and now NX. I find they can be firm and maybe a little tiring on long trips...That's just my butt ! I find sitting for long periods difficult even in some of those old sofa seats from the 70's anyone remember those?

I smashed my hip playing hockey last year and the snugness of the F sport is there some days....However, I am glad I got them and would not change. I don't know how they compare to the other seats as I have never owned a Lexus without them. Everyone has a different butt , hip bones, big, small, heavy, light, etc. sort of like a stereo, what sounds good to me might not be good to someone else.