NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Android Lexus App Update!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-22, 11:48 PM
ttaylor121
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Android Lexus App Update!

Just got the updated Android Lexus App. Appears to be identical to the recent Apple app update.
The following 2 users liked this post by ttaylor121:
lsft (04-28-22), Mrnovanova (04-28-22)
Old 04-28-22, 07:47 AM
Mrnovanova
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Yeah. I just compared them both side by side and its identical to the Apple app which makes perfect sense. There's a little under 20 variations of the iPhone and over 20k Androids to code for so I'm just glad the Android app got the refresh.
The following users liked this post:
ttaylor121 (04-28-22)
Old 04-28-22, 11:29 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 583 Likes on 389 Posts

The new one doesn't show how many miles/km of range... it only shows %age of battery... has any 450h+ owners found how to see range while charging?
ttaylor121 (04-28-22)
Old 04-28-22, 08:45 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

Received 171 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by lsft
The new one doesn't show how many miles/km of range... it only shows %age of battery... has any 450h+ owners found how to see range while charging?
Click on the gas/battery range area, there's a little >, you'll get to the battery page where you can see the range and change the schedule.

Old 04-29-22, 03:22 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by ct6978
Click on the gas/battery range area, there's a little >, you'll get to the battery page where you can see the range and change the schedule.

That's why I say while you are charging... The old one shows how much range is charged... The new one shows %age and when you are fully charged it shows range.
Old 04-29-22, 09:25 AM
ct6978
Intermediate

That's why I say while you are charging... The old one shows how much range is charged... The new one shows %age and when you are fully charged it shows range.
Ah, didn't read the end of your sentence, sorry about that.

Lexus either 1) Thought we weren't smart enough to hold too many thoughts our heads at once 2) Missed that in the excitement of redesign to make the Android app more iOS like 3) Wanted to keep things interesting by adding a bunch of bugs for us to complain about (I've found many so far) or 4) decided that you couldn't trust the number or wanted to hide any degradation in battery life. Except they show the range after charging, so probably not that.

Try clicking on last location, do you get a map or just spam from Parkopedia? Mine has mostly blank screen with the aforementioned spam.

Also, does yours show a red warning symbol on the service bar on the main screen? Mine does, but the below service details are all blue....when I tried to refresh the main screen I lost my cars and got the 'Add Vehicle' screen.

I have patience, but am considering a sternly worded letter to Lexus Corporate at this point, I can't keep track of all the bugs with the car and the app anymore.

Finally, fun fact, you can't set up a 'home' or 'work' address for anyone other than the primary driver in the Nav. The car won't let you send destinations or set home or work via the app unless you're the primary (secondaries can't do anything) and you can't edit home or work from the car. Since my wife is the main driver, but I'm the main tech/app person, I'm set as primary.... we can have her sign in on her phone as me to use remote lock/etc, but she still can't receive sent destinations from my app profile to her car profile.

Lexus really messed up the whole profile thing.
Old 04-30-22, 01:13 PM
ttaylor121
Driver

Just noticed that it now uses the Toyota icon instead of the Lexus icon for notifications... probably missed in QA..
lsft (04-30-22)
Old 04-30-22, 02:31 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

I was actually able to get it to display the range while charging, but its a bit of a kludge. Once I got it showing, it persisted for the current charge even across my devices. I briefly stopped then restarted the charge from my charger's app, refreshing the Lexus app charge screen mid-way. Probably not worth doing every time...but it worked, and shows the app can still display it, so probably a miss on Lexus' part:

Last edited by ct6978; 04-30-22 at 02:58 PM.
lsft (04-30-22)
Old 06-01-22, 06:43 AM
ttaylor121
Driver

Version 2.0.2 of the Lexus App is now available in the app store.

So far EVERY SINGLE bug I've noticed in the previous version STILL exist, as well as some new ones, such as inconsistent data.. main display says I'm over due for maintenance while the maintenance page says up to date, claim s to have outstanding service alert..nope false alarm, nothing listed when you drill down.

So tried of the half-handed crap effort I'm seeing lately. ​​​Fix the damn thing already, how hard can this be. Speaking with over 20 years of enterprise software engineering experience, you ARE DOING IT WRONG! I'll be reaching out to corporate to have my three year trial reset, but at this rate, my three year trial will be over before they get these issues fixed. I damn sure won't be paying for this half functionality once the trial ends.
Old 06-02-22, 04:54 AM
SenorValas
Driver

Received 56 Likes on 29 Posts

Here in the UK, we have a similar Lexus app for both Android and IOS but it has very limited functionality when compared to yours in the US. It only really offers the "current parked location"; records of previous journeys made with driving analysis and tips; plus some remote functionality such as climate control and door unlock/lock capability (no remote start; etc.). I believe it also offers extra functionality for the 450h+ such as charge scheduling (can't be sure about this as I own a 350h).

The "last parked location" is totally hit and miss - the app will tell me that my car is parked at a location that I visited days ago (and I have made numerous journeys since then). The same for the journey recording and analytics - this will miss out entire journeys/days. I can't comment on the remote functions as I have never had cause to use them. The only things that do work (such as reminders for servicing and insurance renewal plus current mileage and remaining fuel level) are pretty trivial and can be ascertained by other means.

I have given up referring to it now.

How can it be that the difference between the quality\reliability of Lexus cars and their IT systems (both internal and customer-facing) is night and day?
Old 06-03-22, 08:32 PM
ttaylor121
Driver

Originally Posted by SenorValas
Here in the UK, we have a similar Lexus app for both Android and IOS but it has very limited functionality when compared to yours in the US. It only really offers the "current parked location"; records of previous journeys made with driving analysis and tips; plus some remote functionality such as climate control and door unlock/lock capability (no remote start; etc.). I believe it also offers extra functionality for the 450h+ such as charge scheduling (can't be sure about this as I own a 350h).

The "last parked location" is totally hit and miss - the app will tell me that my car is parked at a location that I visited days ago (and I have made numerous journeys since then). The same for the journey recording and analytics - this will miss out entire journeys/days. I can't comment on the remote functions as I have never had cause to use them. The only things that do work (such as reminders for servicing and insurance renewal plus current mileage and remaining fuel level) are pretty trivial and can be ascertained by other means.

I have given up referring to it now.

How can it be that the difference between the quality\reliability of Lexus cars and their IT systems (both internal and customer-facing) is night and day?
Didn't realize there were functional differences in the app/car based on region... Are there regulations about remote start in the UK?

As far as app quality vs. car quality, I think the cars are still designed/engineered in Japan, but the infrastructure/app group was moved to the US a few years back (based in Plano, TX I believe). Apparently they went with "bargain" engineers for that group. Up to Lexus to prove me wrong.

According to the pressers, they moved that group to the states because the Japanese group was out of touch (my words). I think I would be happier with out of touch over incompetence.

I say this as motivation, I would much rather brag about the brand than tear it down, give me a reason...
Old 06-09-22, 07:43 AM
lsft
Racer

Out of no where, the Climate controls are now fully showing up. Looks like they resolve this with the tire pressure issue they showed a few days ago...

Old 06-09-22, 08:43 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Are you or anyone else here getting a warning note on the Lexus app when you open it about the tire pressure? That the system for Lexus app is having an issue, not with your/any car specifically.
Old 06-09-22, 08:56 AM
lsft
Racer

Just shown the screenshot above with the message. It disappeared today and then the full climate controls are now showing up. Before that it was not.
Old 06-09-22, 09:06 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Just shown the screenshot above with the message. It disappeared today and then the full climate controls are now showing up. Before that it was not.
Now that you mention it, I can’t turn the climate control below 65° and full air-conditioning cold would be 60° I think but that’s OK I just don’t know why it does that.

My note about the tire pressure system is still showing up.