NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Auto Stop/Start Disable.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-22, 07:53 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 236 Likes on 171 Posts
Default Auto Stop/Start Disable.....

Does anyone know if a solution to permanently or automatically disable the auto stop/start "feature" on the 350 turbo-four is available yet?
Old 05-02-22, 07:10 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Mine rarely works. It always says battery charging.
You can always just turn it off, but that not really a solution.
It will not come on if you are light on the brakes at a light. Don't push hard and it doesn't turn the car off.
Old 05-02-22, 01:52 PM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm hoping that can be turned off through Techstream. Turning off the warning chime for the seatbelt will be the first thing I do, and disabling start/stop will be #2!
Old 05-02-22, 01:59 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dorsai
I'm hoping that can be turned off through Techstream. Turning off the warning chime for the seatbelt will be the first thing I do, and disabling start/stop will be #2!
deleted text

Last edited by Randyp1234; 05-02-22 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-02-22, 02:50 PM
Itsatomic
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told by the dealer you have to reset it for each trip. The setting disengages when you turn the car off.
Old 05-02-22, 02:56 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Originally Posted by Itsatomic
I was told by the dealer you have to reset it for each trip. The setting disengages when you turn the car off.
I assume that to be true but there are people that make devices that bypass this and turn it off until turned back on. I've seen them for Jeeps that connect to the OBD port and others plug in to the back of the regular switch inside the console. Sadly, it doesn't appear that anyone makes one for our cars. At least not yet.
Old 05-02-22, 03:10 PM
jardlr
Driver

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

One of the members of the toyotanation forum made a device for two generations of Highlanders that he sells on ebay. I had one on our 2017 Highlander and it worked great (easy install, just pop the button off and add it inline, no wire cuts). It just made the switch work in reverse, so start/stop was disabled by default when the car was started, but if you pressed the button, it would enable it.

Hopefully he might be willing to make one for the NX.
Old 05-02-22, 03:23 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Originally Posted by jardlr
One of the members of the toyotanation forum made a device for two generations of Highlanders that he sells on ebay. I had one on our 2017 Highlander and it worked great (easy install, just pop the button off and add it inline, no wire cuts). It just made the switch work in reverse, so start/stop was disabled by default when the car was started, but if you pressed the button, it would enable it.

Hopefully he might be willing to make one for the NX.
Wouldn't that be nice. You'd think the only real difference might just be the connector.
Old 05-03-22, 01:46 AM
Lead Lap

Received 784 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Dorsai
or you can actually wear seatbelt.
The following users liked this post:
TimboIS (05-03-22)
Old 05-03-22, 03:57 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by 703
or you can actually wear seatbelt.
Thank you for taking the time to respond, that had never occurred to me.
Randyp1234 (05-03-22)
Old 05-04-22, 05:50 AM
jardlr
Driver

Originally Posted by Randyp1234
Wouldn't that be nice. You'd think the only real difference might just be the connector.
I messaged him and will be sending him some pictures this weekend of the switch and connector so he can see if his existing part will work or if he needs to modify it.
Old 05-04-22, 06:06 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Originally Posted by jardlr
I messaged him and will be sending him some pictures this weekend of the switch and connector so he can see if his existing part will work or if he needs to modify it.
Excellent!! I'm anxious to hear what he says.
Old 05-08-22, 05:43 PM
jardlr
Driver

I took a look at the center console that needs to be removed in order to get to the Start/Stop button. I'm a little hesitant to try to remove it without a parts diagram or some instruction pics, especially with it on a brand new car that has a possible parts shortage. Without knowing how to safely remove the console cover (let's face it, my wife might kick me out if I break her new car ), I can't get pics to the guy who builds the start/start disable device.

If anyone is a bit more confident in removing the cover, let me know the steps and I might attempt it myself.
Randyp1234 (04-06-24)
Old 07-02-22, 09:35 AM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Received 262 Likes on 129 Posts

I was disturbed to learn today that my incoming NX350 turbo will be blemished with the infernal stop/start system. I poked around and found this firm that makes the relatively easy-to-install Autostop Eliminator for other models. This is the response I swiftly received after asking if they could produce one for our vehicles. If anyone is in this area and can assist, we’d all benefit:

“We are currently focused on creating devices for higher-volume vehicles. If we decide to make a device for this vehicle, we would need a test vehicle to use to make the device. New devices depend on the vehicles people bring us.

“If you know of anyone willing to bring a vehicle to Fairmont, WV to use to make the device, please put them in touch with me. We don't need to drive the vehicle and the owner could stay with the vehicle the entire time. It usually takes about 8 hours to put together a prototype and test it.

“Or, some vehicles have come to us because someone posted on forums/Facebook/social media and found someone with the same vehicle closer to us and they brought the vehicle to us. Just throwing that out in case you can find someone in the chat room that can help us and help you get the device sooner by getting someone to bring us a vehicle. Otherwise, I'll let you know if/when a device is made available.

Jessica Lambert
TRL Automotive

jessica@trlauto.com

https://www.autostopeliminator.com

mcomer (07-02-22)
Old 03-04-24, 08:58 AM
oldsamII
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FastFord
Mine rarely works. It always says battery charging.
You can always just turn it off, but that not really a solution.
It will not come on if you are light on the brakes at a light. Don't push hard and it doesn't turn the car off.
Did you ever get the Auto Stop/Start fixed? If so, how?

My battery test showed healthy.

Dealer said they had no specific diagnostic tools. Lexus Canada said total to the dealer.

The dealer and Lexus Canada said it is working “as designed” but how would they know if there are no specific diagnostic tools?

Quick Reply: Auto Stop/Start Disable.....