NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Parts shortage causing production delays at Cambridge

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-22 | 07:40 AM
Xdivanxd
Rookie

Originally Posted by Seto
Where are you located? I placed my order around the same time, maybe a few days earlier and I got my car on June 22.

I bought black interior & exterior, and ultra premium package as well.

I don’t really see why cloud burst grey & red interior would cause a 3 month gap.

I ordered it from according to RFD “most hated dealer” in Canada Don Valley North Lexus. I am not sure why its so hated because I had a pretty good experience and SA was cool. I would assume the long wait time was because of the Red interior and “premium paint”. Especially like LexusQ stated above, the paint shop cannot keep up.

I was offered a luxury trim with white exterior and red interior but it is coming from JP and there has been a couple of issues with JP manufactured. Wielding problems and shaky driver side mirror. I test drove 3 NXH made in JP they all had shaky driver side mirror. I am gambling on Cambridge has fix that issue and the minor tweaks
Old 07-07-22 | 08:02 AM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Wow I definitely would have taken the JP made Luxury trim over waiting 6 months. I ordered from DVNL as well. Their sheer volume of orders could also be a factor in the longer wait times. Some folks had shorter wait times from the newly opened Vaughan Lexus.
Old 07-07-22 | 08:06 AM
Xdivanxd
Rookie

Originally Posted by zanewyn
Wow I definitely would have taken the JP made Luxury trim over waiting 6 months. I ordered from DVNL as well. Their sheer volume of orders could also be a factor in the longer wait times. Some folks had shorter wait times from the newly opened Vaughan Lexus.
I normally would but I bought three cars all with colours that was not my first choice so I am sticking to what will make me happy haha. Also the mirror thing bothered me because it looks like it was going to fall off so 6months is no biggie for my long term enjoyment
Old 07-07-22 | 08:07 AM
T24A
Rookie

Originally Posted by Xdivanxd
I ordered it from according to RFD “most hated dealer” in Canada Don Valley North Lexus. I am not sure why its so hated because I had a pretty good experience and SA was cool. I would assume the long wait time was because of the Red interior and “premium paint”. Especially like LexusQ stated above, the paint shop cannot keep up.

I was offered a luxury trim with white exterior and red interior but it is coming from JP and there has been a couple of issues with JP manufactured. Wielding problems and shaky driver side mirror. I test drove 3 NXH made in JP they all had shaky driver side mirror. I am gambling on Cambridge has fix that issue and the minor tweaks
If there was a fix for shaky mirrors, I think they would have implemented it in Japan. Toyota has had knowledge about shaky mirrors for this current generation of rav4 its silly that this wasn't corrected for its luxury sibling in the NX.
Old 07-07-22 | 08:45 AM
nitrolada
Pit Crew

I placed my order on 03/29/2022 not sure when my car was put in production but this is what I got from my SA
I changed my luxury to Ultra premium with red interior and CB grey in mid March and got my delivery date which was bang on. I was with Lexus on the park

Old 07-07-22 | 10:08 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

As someone who's driven both a Japanese and Canadian NX - I can say that my (Canadian) Executive trim has a far better mirror. It't not perfect, no, but it's much better than the NX made in Japan that I drove for around 500KM.
The following users liked this post:
lsft (07-07-22)
Old 07-08-22 | 02:01 PM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

I don't know for sure (yet) if this is a parts issue, though it probably is, but I just learned that my fully loaded NX350t Luxury wasn't built at Cambridge as scheduled on June 26 and also wasn't built as rescheduled on July 5. At least there is no confirmation that it was. Perhaps it is...mostly...built and awaiting a part or three. (The Luxury trim level is quite rare.) My SA is looking into all of this. But...we're a little worried.
Old 07-08-22 | 02:08 PM
blueless
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Ihave1cat
As someone who's driven both a Japanese and Canadian NX - I can say that my (Canadian) Executive trim has a far better mirror. It't not perfect, no, but it's much better than the NX made in Japan that I drove for around 500KM.
It's possible that as the assembly process matures, TM is improving the final product. Would be interesting to compare contemporaneous examples from both sides of the Pacific.
Old 07-09-22 | 04:28 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Originally Posted by LStoneX
I hope it comes with a lifetime supply of slurpees🤪
Thanks! The build date was changed to July 25.

Old 07-11-22 | 11:00 AM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by redhot47fl
I don't know for sure (yet) if this is a parts issue, though it probably is, but I just learned that my fully loaded NX350t Luxury wasn't built at Cambridge as scheduled on June 26 and also wasn't built as rescheduled on July 5. At least there is no confirmation that it was. Perhaps it is...mostly...built and awaiting a part or three. (The Luxury trim level is quite rare.) My SA is looking into all of this. But...we're a little worried.
Update: My fully loaded NX350t Luxury reportedly was built at Cambridge on July 8 (which happened to be my birthday), about two weeks later than originally planned. It is said to be in transit to my dealer in Jacksonville, Fl., with an ETA of around July 25.
Old 07-11-22 | 11:10 AM
blueless
Pit Crew

Question Dealer website inventory

Should I even bother to browse NX inventories on dealers' websites? I'm thinking that by the time a VIN shows up on the dealer site, the vehicle has already been spoken for.
Old 07-11-22 | 11:15 AM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by blueless
Should I even bother to browse NX inventories on dealers' websites? I'm thinking that by the time a VIN shows up on the dealer site, the vehicle has already been spoken for.
A faster way is through CarGurus. You'd have to change some of the search terms here (such as making it NX Hybrid, if you are interested in that, and your zip code and radius), but you never know. You might get lucky if you move quickly. Edit: Just as I was sending this response, my car - VIN and everything - showed up on an updating email from CarGurus.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/se...edEntity=d2616

Last edited by redhot47fl; 07-11-22 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-18-22 | 11:39 AM
CRC99
Rookie

I was told my NX350h Executive is being held up by a parts shortage for the radio at Cambridge, and there's many vehicles affected by this. Apparently, unlike GM and Ford who will build the vehicles and park them until these types of parts show up, Lexus wont start the build till all parts are present.
Old 08-18-22 | 11:42 AM
Xdivanxd
Rookie

Originally Posted by CRC99
I was told my NX350h Executive is being held up by a parts shortage for the radio at Cambridge, and there's many vehicles affected by this. Apparently, unlike GM and Ford who will build the vehicles and park them until these types of parts show up, Lexus wont start the build till all parts are present.

I guess they do that for better QC control? When did you order yours again?
Old 08-18-22 | 03:02 PM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

delays delays and more delays....

Quick Reply: Parts shortage causing production delays at Cambridge