NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Parts shortage causing production delays at Cambridge

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-22, 05:17 AM
CRC99
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Perhaps the radio parts aren't just for the radio and fix the many glitches and safety problems described on this forum?
Old 08-19-22, 10:11 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 636 Likes on 421 Posts
Question Safety Issues ?

Originally Posted by CRC99
Perhaps the radio parts aren't just for the radio and fix the many glitches and safety problems described on this forum?
I am curious, I know there are a lot of profile and smart key issues, but I don't believe I am aware of any safety issues. Could you please elaborate the safety issues you are referring too ? Thanks

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 08-19-22, 10:16 AM
CRC99
Rookie

Originally Posted by midcow3
Could you please elaborate the safety issues you are referring too ? Thanks
Having the cruise control cut out is one. To me that's a safety concern. Also fiddling with the controls making things work that used to work is a distraction.

Last edited by CRC99; 08-19-22 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-19-22, 02:12 PM
Datanator
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Having the cruise control cut out is one. To me that's a safety concern. Also fiddling with the controls making things work that used to work is a distraction.
I don’t disagree that cruise control cutting out could be a safety concern but forgive my ignorance but how Widespread is that problem exactly? I’ve seen a few fleeting references to it but nothing consistent and repeatable. I’m not aware of any significant safety issues with this vehicle. Of course since I carry a child in this car I would love to know more if you can provide links to other threads on major safety issues with this model.
Old 08-19-22, 04:28 PM
Datanator
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

I don’t disagree that cruise control cutting out could be a safety concern but forgive my ignorance but how Widespread is that problem exactly? I’ve seen a few fleeting references to it but nothing consistent and repeatable. I’m not aware of any significant safety issues with this vehicle. Of course since I carry a child in this car I would love to know more if you can provide links to other threads on major safety issues with this model.
Old 08-21-22, 04:59 AM
CRC99
Rookie

Originally Posted by Datanator
I would love to know more if you can provide links to other threads on major safety issues with this model.
Any observations I've made are based on the threads in this forum. There are quite a lot of electrical-related problems described here. The "radio" parts could also be computer parts to help address the problems described here. This is how I've connected the dots. Your conclusions may be different.
cheers !!!
Old 08-21-22, 07:05 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 610 Likes on 412 Posts

Any observations I've made are based on the threads in this forum. There are quite a lot of electrical-related problems described here. The "radio" parts could also be computer parts to help address the problems described here. This is how I've connected the dots. Your conclusions may be different.
cheers !!!
I think the people who have problems are very vocal as with the people without problems have not been as vocal cos there are no problems. I've used the cruise control many many times and I haven't seen the issue with it cutting out.
Old 08-22-22, 05:27 AM
CRC99
Rookie

Good news...
https://www.therecord.com/business/2...h-vehicle.html

The following users liked this post:
anniedrea (08-22-22)
Old 08-22-22, 06:08 AM
anniedrea
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Great news! So does this mean the radio issue is fixed? I’m still waiting to hear that my car has been built. It was supposed to be built on the 15th.
Old 08-22-22, 01:15 PM
heffnerlex
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

From what I was told, the radio shortage is only on higher end models that have the Mark Levinson sound system. It is the subwoofer that is missing. Vehicles are built, but waiting in the parking lot for the subwoofer to arrive so it can be installed. No word on when the parts will be arriving..
anniedrea (08-22-22)
Old 08-22-22, 02:11 PM
anniedrea
Driver

Originally Posted by heffnerlex
From what I was told, the radio shortage is only on higher end models that have the Mark Levinson sound system. It is the subwoofer that is missing. Vehicles are built, but waiting in the parking lot for the subwoofer to arrive so it can be installed. No word on when the parts will be arriving..
Ok, then that does affect me. I’m getting a luxury package hybrid. Ugh 😣 we were getting so close…
Old 08-25-22, 10:52 AM
mcdorky18
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I wonder if anyone else heard when are the subwoofers coming in for Mark Levinson up in Cambridge.I tried to get info from my SA but he’s clueless. Hopefully the Luxury models are going to start moving soon! I even upgraded from Premium to Luxury as this is the only allocation available
Old 08-28-22, 06:16 PM
anniedrea
Driver

Originally Posted by mcdorky18
I wonder if anyone else heard when are the subwoofers coming in for Mark Levinson up in Cambridge.I tried to get info from my SA but he’s clueless. Hopefully the Luxury models are going to start moving soon! I even upgraded from Premium to Luxury as this is the only allocation available
Anyone got any intel on this?
Old 08-30-22, 11:27 AM
mcdorky18
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Heard back from my SA yesterday, unfortunately my car hasn’t been built yet (scheduled 08/22). Not sure if anyone on this forum have any intel as to when ML part shortage will possibly be resolved or if any other Luxury trims started moving at the prod line..
Old 08-30-22, 11:34 AM
lexuscase
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcdorky18
Heard back from my SA yesterday, unfortunately my car hasn’t been built yet (scheduled 08/22). Not sure if anyone on this forum have any intel as to when ML part shortage will possibly be resolved or if any other Luxury trims started moving at the prod line..
Mine (350h luxury) was scheduled to be built on the 22nd as well then the dealer called and said there was a factory shutdown in July and the whole production is pushed back few weeks
K8lexus (09-04-22)

Quick Reply: Parts shortage causing production delays at Cambridge