NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Parts shortage causing production delays at Cambridge

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-22, 11:40 AM
anniedrea
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RXHtoNXH
It is specifically for the ML. I heard from different sources that it was chips or speakers that were delayed for the ML and I'm not sure which (or both) were the cause. The update I got today is that the delayed ML parts for my vehicle just arrived in Cambridge and so would enable them to finish production of my 350H Luxury. I don't have any broader information like how large a shipment arrived and whether it will clear the full backlog. In today's world it may be more likely just an incremental delivery that enables completion of some vehicles that were on the longest hold. Good news regardless that they are flowing again! Has anyone with an August production date heard of ML parts arriving for their vehicle?
Well that’s great news for you! I had an August build date, but, so far, haven’t heard anything. But your news makes me hopeful!

Last edited by anniedrea; 09-08-22 at 12:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
K8lexus (09-08-22)
Old 09-08-22, 05:34 PM
K8lexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

It is specifically for the ML. I heard from different sources that it was chips or speakers that were delayed for the ML and I'm not sure which (or both) were the cause. The update I got today is that the delayed ML parts for my vehicle just arrived in Cambridge and so would enable them to finish production of my 350H Luxury. I don't have any broader information like how large a shipment arrived and whether it will clear the full backlog. In today's world it may be more likely just an incremental delivery that enables completion of some vehicles that were on the longest hold. Good news regardless that they are flowing again! Has anyone with an August production date heard of ML parts arriving for their vehicle?

I should get an update on my 350h luxury tomorrow 🤞 my build date was 8/1, then 8/10, then 8/9, then 8/10, now was just changed to 8/11 the other day (we are in September so I’m not sure why they changed the Aug build date in September)
the updates in this thread have me hopeful! I will keep everyone updated on any update I get! Thank you!
mcdorky18 (09-08-22)
Old 09-12-22, 07:19 AM
mcdorky18
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by K8lexus
I should get an update on my 350h luxury tomorrow 🤞 my build date was 8/1, then 8/10, then 8/9, then 8/10, now was just changed to 8/11 the other day (we are in September so I’m not sure why they changed the Aug build date in September)
the updates in this thread have me hopeful! I will keep everyone updated on any update I get! Thank you!
Checking if anyone has an update if their car has been built or still waiting on the ML subwoofer. I'm leaning towards cancelling my allocation if it doesn't get built end of this month and just wait for 2023 model.
Old 09-12-22, 07:30 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 640 Likes on 423 Posts
Question If true, then why are non=ML cars also delayed ?

If what you say is true then all cars without ML, such as "ALL" 450h+s would be arriving in large quantities. However, it appears the non-ML cars are also being delayed. If the ML parts are the cause of the hold-ups and delays can you ask YOUR update source what is also causing the delay and hold-up of the cars which do not have ML?

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 09-12-22, 07:35 AM
fieldrt
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

No update from me. Still waiting on my NX-350h Executive in Canada. My dealer indicated all the vehicles with ML audio equipment are delayed but they were unable to provide a date on when I could expect to get the vehicle. BTW - my vehicle was expected on Aug 29.
mcdorky18 (09-12-22)
Old 09-12-22, 08:14 AM
K8lexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fieldrt
No update from me. Still waiting on my NX-350h Executive in Canada. My dealer indicated all the vehicles with ML audio equipment are delayed but they were unable to provide a date on when I could expect to get the vehicle. BTW - my vehicle was expected on Aug 29.
Can I ask 2 general questions?
1-How frequently does everyone hear from their sales associate?
2-Who initiates the contact for updates? I have been texting my sales associate since the build date and have followed up every 10 days or so.
i don’t want to be a nag but am also not getting any information from the SA unless I initiate contact. Currently I am awaiting a reply from their rep to see if there is any info regarding the delay. But the rep was on vacation until the 8th. I was hoping I would have heard back by now but haven’t.
I appreciate all the info you all have shared! Thank you!
Old 09-12-22, 08:16 AM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 95 Posts

2-Who initiates the contact for updates? I have been texting my sales associate since the build date and have followed up every 10 days or so.
i don’t want to be a nag but am also not getting any information from the SA unless I initiate contact. Currently I am awaiting a reply from their rep to see if there is any info regarding the delay. But the rep was on vacation until the 8th. I was hoping I would have heard back by now but haven’t.
My SA texted me quite often.
Old 09-12-22, 08:29 AM
K8lexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dkaplan
My SA texted me quite often.
Is often every few days? Once a week? Every other week?
Old 09-12-22, 08:32 AM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 95 Posts

At least weekly and more often when there was news. Also, he responded to my texts.
K8lexus (09-12-22)
Old 09-12-22, 08:35 AM
K8lexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dkaplan
At least weekly and more often when there was news. Also, he responded to my texts.
OK. Thank you. I feel like I’m bothering her if I text her every 2 weeks. But otherwise I do t hear anything. I don’t think it’s unusual to expect regular updates even if the update is that there are no updates.
Old 09-12-22, 09:05 AM
fieldrt
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I having been checking in with my SA about once a week. I am only 2 weeks past the original date I was to get the vehicle.

Most of the communications is initiated by me but I have gotten messages from the SA providing updates. I justified my repeated reaching out on the fact that I am excited about getting the vehicle (this will be my first Lexus).

K8lexus (09-12-22)
Old 09-12-22, 09:15 AM
RXHtoNXH
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Just to clarify per MidCow's question, I do not have any broader intel on the parts situation. Here is what I have learned:
- My vehicle has been delayed for over a month since the original late July production date (I was given a date and the pre-production "VIN"). My dealer said the delay was due to a parts shortage, which they later clarified to be Mark Levinson-related.
- In parallel I read ClubLexus and looked for any news, googling online forums and news articles (I didn't find much and can't remember if I saw anything useful outside of ClubLexus) to learn more than my dealer shared. Some of these mentioned chips or speakers for ML were in short supply, causing delays.
- Last week my dealer told me that the ML parts which were holding up my vehicle had arrived, and thus my car would be ready soon. No dates given.
- I'll check with them this week to ask if they have any details on production and shipment of my car, but my dealer doesn't seem to have insight on what is going on so I am unlikely to learn anything more than the status of my car

Apologies if it sounded like I had any sources for good intel. I am currently driving my 2016 RX Hybrid so while the wait has been frustrating it hasn't been an issue for me (just ongoing aggravation with no CarPlay in my 2016 and propping up my Iphone for Waze while the 12.3" display in my RX shows unreliable traffic info). I sympathize with people who have a lease expiring or need a new vehicle for other reasons -- long waits and unpredictability are frustrating! Wish I had more insight but my one data point suggests at least some ML parts are starting to arrive.

On the questions about contacting dealer, I reach out to them every few weeks and they don't proactively share information with me. They don't seem to have much insight on production timelines so I don't think I'd learn more by checking regularly, and I don't want to seem so overeager for my vehicle that they consider some last minute charges on my MSRP deal.

Best wishes to all who are waiting for new vehicles. Can't wait to get mine and then watch the videos and tips on how best to initialize profiles to keep things simple while the more advanced profiling options mature.
mcdorky18 (09-12-22)
Old 09-12-22, 09:19 AM
anniedrea
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

I typically am the one doing the reach outs. My SA stated he will only contact me once he has an update to pass on, which I think is reasonable. I’m finding that the SAs (or I’ll at least speak for mine) don’t seem to have the latest and greatest info. I find that I’m getting more up to date info in this forum, then I’ll go back to him to confirm.
K8lexus (09-15-22)
Old 09-12-22, 03:10 PM
blueless
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 60 Posts
Cool Poker face

I have not reached out to my SA because I'm still hoping to negotiate ADM or unwanted dealer add-ons. Trying not to appear too desperate and compromise my position. My SA contacted me a few times, as follows: (1) "We found your NX!" (2) temporary VIN and build date, (3) reminder of scheduled build date, (4) another reminder that build date is getting very close.
K8lexus (09-15-22)
Old 09-12-22, 05:07 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by blueless
I have not reached out to my SA because I'm still hoping to negotiate ADM or unwanted dealer add-ons. Trying not to appear too desperate and compromise my position. My SA contacted me a few times, as follows: (1) "We found your NX!" (2) temporary VIN and build date, (3) reminder of scheduled build date, (4) another reminder that build date is getting very close.
My NX 350h came with a lot of port installed options. I read in others threads here that it is possible to get those options deleted if the dealer is willing to do so and the request by the dealer is made early enough. So you might want to reach out to the dealer about not overdoing the port installed options.
blueless (09-12-22)

Quick Reply: Parts shortage causing production delays at Cambridge