NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Official 2nd Gen NX Tint Thread - add your pics here

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-22 | 02:22 PM
rt1902
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LiBeRtAs
Your windshield is 50%? Would you say it’s cutting out enough of the sunlight to prevent sunburn?

I wear shorts all the time and my knees and arms get burnt from the windshield, now that I have tinted the side windows.

I live in a state where it’s illegal to tint the windows at all so the windshield has to be tinted such that I don’t draw attention, But also so that I don’t get burnt.
there are windshield tints that are practically clear and blocks 30% heat and 99% uv.
it's the uv that'll damage the interior and burn your skin.
The following 2 users liked this post by rt1902:
FMY421 (04-22-23), LiBeRtAs (06-01-22)
Old 06-01-22 | 05:41 PM
NavySubs
10th Gear

LiBeRtAs, look into LLUMAR Airblue 80. You can’t tell it is on the windshield and it blocks 99 UV and about 50% of the heat. We can tell it makes a difference in the Florida heat. Pictures above in another post of our car.
The following 2 users liked this post by NavySubs:
FMY421 (04-22-23), LiBeRtAs (06-01-22)
Old 10-12-22 | 09:04 AM
Lakerstrg
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mcomer
Here are the specs for 2022 NX OEM glass.
Reviving and older thread here. Per this attachment it shows NX models with accoustic laminated glass do not have the UV coating. My model is the 350H and my front driver side and front passenger side has the laminated acoustic glass for the 2 front windows. With that said, according to the chart you guys think it will be ok to remove existing tint to have them retinted?

Old 01-13-23 | 05:46 AM
GW350H
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lakerstrg
Reviving and older thread here. Per this attachment it shows NX models with accoustic laminated glass do not have the UV coating. My model is the 350H and my front driver side and front passenger side has the laminated acoustic glass for the 2 front windows. With that said, according to the chart you guys think it will be ok to remove existing tint to have them retinted?
We're getting our NX tinted this coming Monday and I too after taking delivery had this question since I've been reading up on it. I personally don't believe that you will have an issue with a reputable professional tint installer when it comes to 2022 & Up NX (will explain what I found). My previous tint guy was able to remove existing tint that came with an older car of ours (CX-5) and redo the process.

Concerning the 2nd gen NX, I was concerned about this "UV Protective Coating" that I've been hearing and reading about not just here on the forums... Because who wants to worry about this after taking a brand new delivery of their car, only to have it scratched!!! To also supplement the attachments found here in the thread & summarize, it appears that the previous generation NX (2021 years and below) had this coating. Below is a snapshot from a NX 2021 Owners Manual:

In reference to the 2022 and 2023 NX Owner's Manual PDFs, I've search and scrubbed through everything, and don't believe these newer models have this 'UV Protective Coating' where I also visually inspected our recently delivered NX very closely that we specifically told the dealer to NOT apply or included any tint on the vehicle. So for those concerned about this coating on their 2022/2023 models so far, this really should not be an issue when tinting the front/passenger windows, where installers would potentially use a razor blade to clean prior to installation (and this is where the damage is typically done if they didn't know about it). I just recently confirmed with our tint place that they use soft scrub pads for prep work so either way, a reputable tint place is the way to go.

Always tinted my previous cars at around 20% (the 'carbon' type) so am excited to try out how good films have come along these past years especially when it comes to the ceramic type blocking out infrared heat! Will be going with the Xpel XR Plus!
Old 01-13-23 | 06:18 AM
Lakerstrg
Pit Crew

Yea so I was able to get it done with no issues. The installer actually used steam to remove not a scraper or razor blade.
Old 01-13-23 | 04:00 PM
anniedrea
Driver

I had my two front windows tinted 20% last month, just about a month after taking delivery. Last week, I noticed some light, surface scratches on both windows. I texted the detailer and he said it’s common for newer cars to have this problem because the gaskets are super tight on the windows. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 01-13-23 | 04:26 PM
Ryko
Rookie

Originally Posted by anniedrea
I had my two front windows tinted 20% last month, just about a month after taking delivery. Last week, I noticed some light, surface scratches on both windows. I texted the detailer and he said it’s common for newer cars to have this problem because the gaskets are super tight on the windows. Has anyone else experienced this?
Nope I never had a problem with tint on any of my cars. The installer probably didn’t wipe the squeegee between the swipes. Debris most likely got swiped with the squeegee and scratched the film.
Old 01-14-23 | 05:40 AM
anniedrea
Driver

I came across this thread in the Automotive Care forum.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...t-windows.html

I’m wondering if this has something to do with the scratches I experienced 🤔. I was all set to live with them, but now I’m feeling bothered again. I probably should’ve done more research before being so hasty 😢.
Old 01-14-23 | 07:06 AM
gekae24
Intermediate

a little dirty from all the rain, but front windows are 25 percent. Rears are factory tint.

The following users liked this post:
Tarnshoe (08-24-23)
Old 01-14-23 | 07:56 AM
1969Z28
6th Gear

Driver and passenger windows are tinted to the legal for NC and a 6" or so band around the front top of the windshield. With the slope of the windshield, it makes the band a little lower than I like but I've gotten used to it now.
Old 01-15-23 | 08:17 AM
anniedrea
Driver

Does anyone with a 22/23 have experience with removing and/or re-tinting their windows? Was it successful (i.e., did it leave behind marks or scratches)? Any concerns I should consider? Trying to gather research before making a decision about my car. Thank you!
Old 04-11-23 | 11:59 AM
NXRx
Rookie

Default Did we ever figure out window tint?

My search-fu isn’t great and was wondering if anyone determined if the windows in the 22+ NX can be tinted or is there that weird coating on the windows like the previous generation?
Old 04-11-23 | 12:40 PM
Droid13
Racer

I had my windows tinted by (thru) the dealer. No one mentioned to me any concern about window coatings, and the tint job came out perfect. Maybe not a direct answer to your question, but for what its worth...
Old 04-11-23 | 04:37 PM
anniedrea
Driver

I have a ‘22 NX. I had my front windows tinted in December and removed this past week (brand of tint scratched too easily). The UV coating thing does not apply to this model.
Old 04-13-23 | 05:46 PM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by NXRx
My search-fu isn’t great and was wondering if anyone determined if the windows in the 22+ NX can be tinted or is there that weird coating on the windows like the previous generation?
No coating on my 23 nx350h. Tint place verified before starting the job.

Quick Reply: Official 2nd Gen NX Tint Thread - add your pics here