NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Official 2nd Gen NX Tint Thread - add your pics here

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-24 | 11:25 AM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by midcow3

What are the similarities Between XPEL XR and XPEL XR Plus?

1. Ceramic Particle Technology: Both Prime XR and Prime XR Plus use ceramic particle technology, making them more heat resistant than regular dyed and metalized window films.
  2. UV Ray Protection: Both films have an SPF rating of 1000, recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation, and can reflect 99% of the sun’s ultraviolet rays, keeping the car interior cool even on hot summer days.
  3. No Signal Interference: Both films allow unrestricted access to cellphone and radio signals, as they are engineered to reflect UV and infrared rays without stopping lower frequency mobile and radio signals.
  4. Glare Reduction: Both films have similar glare-reducing properties, reducing glare by 95%.
Read also: What is XPEL Paint Protection Film?

What are the differences Between XPEL XR and XPEL XR Plus?

1. Heat Repellent Properties: While XPEL XR does a good job of keeping heat outside, the XR Plus has a unique blend of nanoceramic particles that give it superior heat-repellent properties. The XR Plus has a higher infrared reflection rate and can reflect as much as 71% of solar energy, making it better at heat rejection.
  2. Clarity: The XR offers more color choices than the XR Prime, but the XR Prime allows superior light access despite having the same tint percentage, giving it the edge in terms of visibility.
The key differences between XPEL XR and XPEL XR Plus are the XR Plus’s superior visibility and heat reduction abilities. While the base XR film is a good deal for those who find the extra functionality of the XR Plus too nuanced, the XR Plus is worth the extra cost for those who frequently drive under sunny conditions and prefer better road visibility without reducing tint.

======

I heard Llumar was pretty good also
Llumar tints are known for their rich, crisp appearance that enhances any vehicle's aesthetics. Xpel, on the other hand, takes pride in providing a high degree of clarity not compromising your vehicle's look.Nov 3, 2023

from Tint guy ( not sure who he is but a reasonable comparison) https://thetintguy.com/llumar-vs-xpe...e's%20look.

Good Luck!

I think you would be pleased with either. Also, as I said before look at Huber Optik

YMMV,
MidCow3

P.S. - so I basically drive the same on my NX , maybe a little more normal, and sadly my mileage has dropped to 35.2 ... Oh Well
Thanks for the writeup.
Old 03-11-24 | 06:51 PM
oreon333
Pit Crew

Alright, I am back with the results. Here is what factory installed 20% rear, and tint shop 20% front windows looks like on my The rear seems little darker, but that is because there is no light behind it, but in front there is some light coming from the windshield.

This is what I measured on the tint shop installed 20% front windows ↓

And this is what I got on the factory installed 20% rear windows ↓

So the factory installed tint actually does have decent protection, not 100% but also it is not just a dark film without any protection, as someone said previously. So no need to re-tint the rear windows as I feel like 94% UVR will provide a good enough protection and nothing will melt down.
The following users liked this post:
websurfer (03-11-24)
Old 03-11-24 | 07:07 PM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by oreon333
Alright, I am back with the results. Here is what factory installed 20% rear, and tint shop 20% front windows looks like on my The rear seems little darker, but that is because there is no light behind it, but in front there is some light coming from the windshield.

This is what I measured on the tint shop installed 20% front windows ↓

And this is what I got on the factory installed 20% rear windows ↓

So the factory installed tint actually does have decent protection, not 100% but also it is not just a dark film without any protection, as someone said previously. So no need to re-tint the rear windows as I feel like 94% UVR will provide a good enough protection and nothing will melt down.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-23-24 | 10:36 PM
wrinkle
Intermediate

Hello, old thread - but did anyone have any issues with the electronics due to water/moisture, or sensors, from windshield tinting ?

I'm looking for only heat rejection for the windshield, and considering Spectra Photosync 75 % for the windshield - any experience or inputs based on experience, please share...
Old 05-24-24 | 03:48 AM
midcow3
Racer

Question

Originally Posted by twitte
Here is a view of the rear window (tinted darker)

I never understood why people tint the front windows different from, the back windows, it just doesn't look that good IMHO when the tint levels are different. Your car is nice looking.

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 05-24-24 | 10:57 AM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by midcow3
I never understood why people tint the front windows different from, the back windows, it just doesn't look that good IMHO when the tint levels are different. Your car is nice looking.

YMMV,
MidCow3
I had tint front to block heat and sun out a bit. Works well.

Looks are subjective. I didn't want to go too dark given the tint laws.

The following users liked this post:
twitte (05-24-24)