NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Added digital key, my iPhone, removed it and now

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-22, 02:26 PM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts

Hi Lib….just an FYI for you: I solely use my digital key…no other key. It does NOT show up in my Bluetooth connections on my iPhone 13 Pro. All that shows is “LEXUS NX.”
Old 05-07-22, 02:29 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Peterun
Hi Lib….just an FYI for you: I solely use my digital key…no other key. It does NOT show up in my Bluetooth connections on my iPhone 13 Pro. All that shows is “LEXUS NX.”
OK thanks, I thought I saw digital key in my Bluetooth before I stupidly deleted it but maybe not. Right now per above post the car tells me a new key has been added and the Lexus app says I can remove a key which means the keys there but it’s not working with the phone so I guess I’ll remove it on the app and then start again and see what happens. Hopefully that won’t make it worse. And if that doesn’t work I can try the reboot, I’m going to be getting a new phone soon and I would hope that if none of this works the new phone would but obviously I have to do that reboot.

When you get a new phone I suppose you go into the Lexus screen and delete the current phone and then add a new phone the way you would or the way I did originally.

The other big question is what if your phone is stolen and they’re able to get in side the phone they can steal your car, so you would have to log into Lexus Enform using email and password because you obviously couldn’t use your phone number because it sends a code to the phone that you now don’t have, not sure if you can delete digital key on Enform but I would hope so after your phone was stolen you would have to do that

Last edited by LiBeRtAs; 05-07-22 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-07-22, 06:37 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

1. car digital key is listed in my Bluetooth
2. managed to get it working by deleting the key INSIDE the infotainment system or brain of the car using the screen, because the key was there even thought it would not work
3. then I tried a few times after doing the ten second reboot of the main screen and it kept saying bad Bluetooth connection, eventually it worked

The digital key will NOT WORK if you dont have the app open on the phone, I have found. At least not to start the car...or anything, you have to open the app so the Bluetooth will connect to the app or it wont work, for me anyway. So once the Bluetooth connection is made to the key it will stay connected I assume.

Last edited by LiBeRtAs; 05-07-22 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-08-22, 11:47 AM
nx450hfspt
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by danieljchu
Well I had tried various mini resets (i.e. "Remove digital keys" under Gear -> "Info & Security" on the infotainment screen, clearing bluetooth on my phone, holding the power button, things I had already mentioned which I had tried) - there is a true full reset which can be done that completely removes you from the car entirely and resets it back to the day you picked the car up and had to scan that QR code.

What I did, which finally worked was:
  1. Gear -> "System reset" under "Info & Security" on the infotainment
  2. Logged out of the app on my iPhone and then delete the Lexus app
  3. Removed everything bluetooth on my phone ("CAR Digital_Key" + "LEXUS NX", etc)
  4. Then pressed the infotainment power button until it reset
  5. Reboot my iPhone
  6. Turned off the car and opened the door
  7. Turned on the car
  8. Walked through the whole process from scratch and this time absolutely everything worked
    • Waited to re-download the Lexus app until the setup process prompted me to...
    • The 1st time trying to do the digital key, same error, but after about 30 minutes once myself and my partner were all set back up on the car, I tried the digital key again and it worked!
    • Shared a digital key with my partner which also worked!
Hope that helps others!
I assume that after this reset, all settings will revert to default, including the walk away and lock *ON* setting performed by dealers because default is off. So I would need to go back to dealer for them to turn it back on again.
Old 05-08-22, 11:55 AM
danieljchu
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by nx450hfspt
I assume that after this reset, all settings will revert to default, including the walk away and lock *ON* setting performed by dealers because default is off. So I would need to go back to dealer for them to turn it back on again.
Yea I don’t know about dealer set settings. It is true defaults you set personally are reset, i.e. HUD reverts back to standard.

But I am so glad to see that once I reset the system Drive Pulse and recent trips now show up which I’d never been able to get to work!
Old 05-08-22, 12:27 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by nx450hfspt
walk away and lock what, the hatch back or rear door? I assume that’s what you mean because Lexus doesn’t have a walk away and lock doors feature and I wish it did. I noticed when I use the walk away from back door button that leaves the door open for 30 seconds before it closes it, if you’re not standing right under the door it doesn’t stay open for 30 seconds it closes right away which is fine. I stood underneath it to see if it would stay open for the 30 seconds and it did, but I was paying attention just in case it didn’t so it wouldn’t hit me in the head ha ha.

Yes, I know, when you walk away it locks all the doors, but this is the only time the car will lock all the doors by walking away and not locking them with the fob or touching the door.
Old 05-08-22, 01:16 PM
nx450hfspt
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LiBeRtAs
walk away and lock what, the hatch back or rear door? I assume that’s what you mean because Lexus doesn’t have a walk away and lock doors feature and I wish it did. I noticed when I use the walk away from back door button that leaves the door open for 30 seconds before it closes it, if you’re not standing right under the door it doesn’t stay open for 30 seconds it closes right away which is fine. I stood underneath it to see if it would stay open for the 30 seconds and it did, but I was paying attention just in case it didn’t so it wouldn’t hit me in the head ha ha.

Yes, I know, when you walk away it locks all the doors, but this is the only time the car will lock all the doors by walking away and not locking them with the fob or touching the door.
You can use kick sensor to close the hatch but your dealer can change the default lock off setting to on so it will lock all doors when you use kick sensor to close the hatch.