NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Added digital key, my iPhone, removed it and now

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-22, 02:55 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Added digital key, my iPhone, removed it and now

cant get it to connect again, tried powering everything on and off and so on, wont connect.

Anyone experience this? I told phone to "forget device" to remove it, but that should not matter...I hope.

Last edited by LiBeRtAs; 05-06-22 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-06-22, 03:01 PM
danieljchu
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I’m having the same issue. My digital key just stopped working one day a couple weeks ago. So I removed the key and tried to add it back without any luck.

The next thing I was going to try is completely remove myself from the car and start all over.

Old 05-06-22, 03:01 PM
slowdonald
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

No, but I can't connect my phone to the car when I try to add the digital key to it (my wife is primary).
Old 05-06-22, 03:59 PM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts

Have you tried a hard reboot? Works nicely. Push in the volume **** for 10 seconds and allow the system to start over. Most glitches will be corrected. Worth a shot.
Old 05-06-22, 05:29 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by Peterun;11283444

Have you tried a hard reboot? Works nicely. Push in the volume **** for 10 seconds and allow the system to start over. Most glitches will be corrected. Worth a shot.
Hard reboot of the Lexus system or the phone? did the hard reboot of the phone which is different than what you described maybe you’re talking about android that’s OK.

Last edited by LiBeRtAs; 05-06-22 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-06-22, 05:47 PM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Hi…not referring to the phone. The **** on which controls the volume and the muting of the radio. If it’s pressed in and held for approx 10 seconds, the large screen shuts down. After another 10 seconds, it will reboot. Works very well when there’s a glitch. Try it…and let us know if it helps!
Old 05-06-22, 05:53 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by Peterun
Hi…not referring to the phone. The **** on which controls the volume and the muting of the radio. If it’s pressed in and held for approx 10 seconds, the large screen shuts down. After another 10 seconds, it will reboot. Works very well when there’s a glitch. Try it…and let us know if it helps!
OK thanks, will this reboot wipe out all the settings and connections and everything?
Old 05-06-22, 06:06 PM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Definitely not! Everything will stay the same…only better. Try it!
Old 05-07-22, 04:53 AM
danieljchu
Rookie

Okay for weeks after the digital key stopped working, I removed and tried to add it back, deleted the app, removed the CAR Digital_Key Bluetooth, reset digital key under security settings in the infotainment, reboot the iPhone and held the power to the infotainment to reboot it - absolutely nothing worked.

Finally by completely resetting the infotainment, clearing everything Bluetooth on my phone, deleting the app off the phone, completely starting over it worked. I actually did do this system reset a week after getting the car, it may have been digital key related, I don’t remember, and I feel it fixed it then too. So I wouldn’t be surprised if this happens again. But it lost my radio favorites then, this time it seems to have loaded my favorites once reloading profiles!

Not only did it appear to fix the digital key, but under “Data Privacy Portal,” I finally see “Drive Pulse” accept!! Which I hope will now mean I will see recent trips, fingers crossed!
Old 05-07-22, 07:13 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by danieljchu
Okay for weeks after the digital key stopped working, I removed and tried to add it back, deleted the app, removed the CAR Digital_Key Bluetooth, reset digital key under security settings in the infotainment, reboot the iPhone and held the power to the infotainment to reboot it - absolutely nothing worked.

Finally by completely resetting the infotainment, clearing everything Bluetooth on my phone, deleting the app off the phone, completely starting over it worked. I actually did do this system reset a week after getting the car, it may have been digital key related, I don’t remember, and I feel it fixed it then too. So I wouldn’t be surprised if this happens again. But it lost my radio favorites then, this time it seems to have loaded my favorites once reloading profiles!

Not only did it appear to fix the digital key, but under “Data Privacy Portal,” I finally see “Drive Pulse” accept!! Which I hope will now mean I will see recent trips, fingers crossed!

What do you mean by “completely resetting infotainment?” Only holding the volume button down for 10 seconds like the other person suggestion or something else that resets it more completely that wipes everything out? “Clearing everything Bluetooth,” what do you mean there please specifically? on your phone you deleted all Bluetooth connections you have for every other device?

And a question for anyone, what if your phone is stolen how do you disable this key on your phone so you can’t have your car stolen, can you sign into this app on a webpage? Found the answer, yes it’s called Lexus in forum which probably most people already know, and I haven’t researched but I assume you can remove the digital key from there if your car was stolen.

Last edited by LiBeRtAs; 05-07-22 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-07-22, 07:30 AM
danieljchu
Rookie

Originally Posted by LiBeRtAs
What do you mean by “completely resetting infotainment?” Only holding the volume button down for 10 seconds like the other person suggestion or something else that resets it more completely that wipes everything out? “Clearing everything Bluetooth,” what do you mean there please specifically? on your phone you deleted all Bluetooth connections you have for every other device?
Well I had tried various mini resets (i.e. "Remove digital keys" under Gear -> "Info & Security" on the infotainment screen, clearing bluetooth on my phone, holding the power button, things I had already mentioned which I had tried) - there is a true full reset which can be done that completely removes you from the car entirely and resets it back to the day you picked the car up and had to scan that QR code.

What I did, which finally worked was:
  1. Gear -> "System reset" under "Info & Security" on the infotainment
  2. Logged out of the app on my iPhone and then delete the Lexus app
  3. Removed everything bluetooth on my phone ("CAR Digital_Key" + "LEXUS NX", etc)
  4. Then pressed the infotainment power button until it reset
  5. Reboot my iPhone
  6. Turned off the car and opened the door
  7. Turned on the car
  8. Walked through the whole process from scratch and this time absolutely everything worked
    • Waited to re-download the Lexus app until the setup process prompted me to...
    • The 1st time trying to do the digital key, same error, but after about 30 minutes once myself and my partner were all set back up on the car, I tried the digital key again and it worked!
    • Shared a digital key with my partner which also worked!
Hope that helps others!

Last edited by danieljchu; 05-07-22 at 07:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
LiBeRtAs (05-07-22)
Old 05-07-22, 07:46 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 238 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by LiBeRtAs

And a question for anyone, what if your phone is stolen how do you disable this key on your phone so you can’t have your car stolen, can you sign into this app on a webpage?
LiBeRtAs: Seeing all your "How do you?" videos makes me recommend that you take a couple hours and watch these two videos. I think they'll answer several of your questions, especially the part two one. We pick up our new NX and I've been all over these recently:

Randy
Old 05-07-22, 07:48 AM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Thanks so much, Danieljchu…. Highly detailed. I’m 10 days in so far with my replacement NX450h. All is perfect. Again, I was instructed to put all keys away and only use the card key. Best to stick with one profile for now.
Old 05-07-22, 09:04 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by Randyp1234
LiBeRtAs: Seeing all your "How do you?" videos makes me recommend that you take a couple hours and watch these two videos. I think they'll answer several of your questions, especially the part two one. We pick up our new NX and I've been all over these recently:

NX Deep Dive Part One

NX Deep Dive Part Two

Randy
Thanks, I actually have those and I’ve already watched part one and I’m watching part two right now.

The real trick to figure out is how do you play with your system to learn everything while NOT driving obviously and not running the battery down. I could spend a half hour or more easy in the car with it while learning the system but not driving. I know you can turn accessory on with car off, there is a switch for that, but that would be worse probably because when the battery gets low the car wont start up to charge it.

Last edited by LiBeRtAs; 05-07-22 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-07-22, 01:40 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by Peterun
Havent tried this reboot yet; but I just now noticed my app says the digital key is already in existence, but it doesn’t work on my phone and in Bluetooth on my phone there is no listing digital key. And when I open Bluetooth settings on my phone I don’t see digital key. I did a network reset settings on the phone to see if that would help but it didn’t, but maybe before I do anything I have to remove the key that’s on there because when I get in the car it tells me there’s a new key connected to my car and so I should probably remove it first I guess.

Last edited by LiBeRtAs; 05-07-22 at 02:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Added digital key, my iPhone, removed it and now