NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Horrible experience with my NX250

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-22 | 05:53 AM
Alec150
Rookie

Default Horrible experience with my NX250

Good morning guys,

I owned this Lexus NX for about 4 months, for which it’s been out of my possession for 3 1/2 weeks due to electrical issues with the infotainment system.

The radio will disconnect from my phone, echo my phone calls on the receiver’s end, and sometimes delay the conversation by 5 seconds. This will be remedied by changing the output to my cellphone as opposed to my car. So I will need to hold my phone to my ear or have AirPods in. This happens if my bf uses my car AND the Lexus mechanic was able to replicate it with his phone too.

I got the radio replaced, and had some modules replaced and I still can’t make phone calls through it on Bluetooth or CarPlay.

Now a new scary problem has emerged. Now sometimes when I have cruise control on, my car will start to throw off errors and even apply the brakes on the highway. This started to happen recently and now I am pretty scared to drive it. The only way to fix it is to hit the brakes as it’s hitting the brakes to disengage the cruise control (weird, I know).

I’m super fed up.

I even requested a buyback a month ago right before the replaced the radio and they declined it stating they can’t duplicate it (which is a lie), and that it doesn’t affect its value (lie. Infotainment issues do affect affect value).

Has anyone else had these issues?
Old 05-23-22 | 10:19 AM
zacklam
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Alec150
Good morning guys,

I owned this Lexus NX for about 4 months, for which it’s been out of my possession for 3 1/2 weeks due to electrical issues with the infotainment system.

The radio will disconnect from my phone, echo my phone calls on the receiver’s end, and sometimes delay the conversation by 5 seconds. This will be remedied by changing the output to my cellphone as opposed to my car. So I will need to hold my phone to my ear or have AirPods in. This happens if my bf uses my car AND the Lexus mechanic was able to replicate it with his phone too.

I got the radio replaced, and had some modules replaced and I still can’t make phone calls through it on Bluetooth or CarPlay.

Now a new scary problem has emerged. Now sometimes when I have cruise control on, my car will start to throw off errors and even apply the brakes on the highway. This started to happen recently and now I am pretty scared to drive it. The only way to fix it is to hit the brakes as it’s hitting the brakes to disengage the cruise control (weird, I know).

I’m super fed up.

I even requested a buyback a month ago right before the replaced the radio and they declined it stating they can’t duplicate it (which is a lie), and that it doesn’t affect its value (lie. Infotainment issues do affect affect value).

Has anyone else had these issues?
suffering the issues, from rattle rear occasionally, and 5 second delays from the phone call every time. I am in consideration selling it out after 500 miles..
Old 05-24-22 | 05:30 AM
Kimberly88
Driver

Originally Posted by zacklam
suffering the issues, from rattle rear occasionally, and 5 second delays from the phone call every time. I am in consideration selling it out after 500 miles..
I have the 5 second delay with phone calls. It doesn’t happen every time but it’s hella annoying. I’m sorry you’re having all of those other issues too. That’s super unfortunate having a brand new vehicle. Maybe look into the lemon law process for your state? You definitely qualify from what I’ve read.