Official 2nd Gen NX Tint Thread - add your pics here

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-06, 07:40 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,380 Posts
Default Official 2nd Gen NX Tint Thread - add your pics here

2NX Members,

With summertime upon us, I'd like to have a single point of reference for all the tint questions that will come. If you've had your NX tinted, please upload pictures to this thread. Questions about 2NX tint will be merged here as well to consolidate Q&A

Please list:
- % tint
- color of your interior (does make a big difference in how dark tint appears)
- type of tint if you know it (smoke, dyed, metalized, ceramic, etc)
- brand of tint if you know it (3M, Solarguard, Lumaster, etc)

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-09-22 at 03:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
FMY421 (11-11-22)
Old 04-08-22, 10:29 PM
Nx350fspt
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Help: opinion on Tints? Anyone got some

Hi Guys!

I was thinking of getting some 50 percent ceramic tints on front two windows. The back windows I think come factory 20 percent.

The front are 100 right?

Anyone planning on it or done it with pictures? Thoughts? I like the better consistency

​​​​​​
Old 04-09-22, 10:27 AM
twitte
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Window Tint

Originally Posted by Nx350fspt
Hi Guys!

I was thinking of getting some 50 percent ceramic tints on front two windows. The back windows I think come factory 20 percent.

The front are 100 right?

Anyone planning on it or done it with pictures? Thoughts? I like the better consistency

​​​​​​
I had my windows tinted with XPEL Prime xr Window Tint, front 2 windows 35%, rear 3 windows 45% (this is what they wrote down but it must be backwards).

Make sure you use a shop that knows what they are doing. I heard that the car windows (front driver/passenger) come with a special coating from the factory. If the coating gets damaged (scratched, etc.) it cost some money to get it removed. I had a couple window tinting companies warn me about this. Here is a link to a discussion on the coating Lexus puts on the front windows: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...t-windows.html

Here is another view. The front doesn't look as dark in this view (still trying to stay somewhat legal). Tinting shop said to make sure front windows are lighter than rear to try an avoid a ticket.

Last edited by twitte; 04-10-22 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-09-22, 10:45 AM
twitte
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Here is a view of the rear window (tinted darker)

Last edited by twitte; 04-09-22 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-09-22, 11:22 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 867 Likes on 654 Posts
Default 2022 NX Glass Specifications

Here are the specs for 2022 NX OEM glass.
Attached Files
File Type: docx
2022 NX Glass Specifications.docx (180.1 KB, 464 views)
The following 5 users liked this post by mcomer:
Banachan (03-10-24), DaveGS4 (05-09-22), redhot47fl (06-21-22), Ryko (04-13-22), twitte (04-09-22)
Old 05-03-22, 07:20 PM
vols391
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window tint question

Hi All,

My mom got a new NX last week so I was trying to tint her front windows for her and my usual tint guy said he can’t tint the NX models unless they made a change in the last year or so.

Can anyone help me out here? I did some reading online and saw people in the past had their windows scratched due to a coating on the front windows.. is that still a thing on the 22 models?

just trying to see what her options are.

thanks!
Old 05-03-22, 08:09 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 600 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by vols391
Hi All,

My mom got a new NX last week so I was trying to tint her front windows for her and my usual tint guy said he can’t tint the NX models unless they made a change in the last year or so.

Can anyone help me out here? I did some reading online and saw people in the past had their windows scratched due to a coating on the front windows.. is that still a thing on the 22 models?

thanks!
I had my front windows tinted. Not sure what is the problem.
Old 05-03-22, 08:20 PM
vols391
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lsft
I had my front windows tinted. Not sure what is the problem.
maybe it’s a non issue now??

I saw this older thread about it for reference.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...t-windows.html
Old 05-03-22, 08:42 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 600 Likes on 403 Posts

maybe it’s a non issue now??

I saw this older thread about it for reference.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...t-windows.html
I also had my 2018 NX tinted too and never had any issues. Both cars were tinted by the dealer's supplier/vendor.
Old 05-03-22, 10:06 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

There’s no issue tinting. Removing a tint will probably be an issue.
Old 05-04-22, 08:17 AM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Hi All,

thanks!
Yes the new NX or maybe previous one as well has a factory coating applied on the windows. I have inquired with multiple tint shops and they are familiar with this.

Tinting is not a problem, however it can't be removed as the glue will bond to the coating on the glass. Also according to this shop, they can not offer any warranty on the install. So if you decide to tint the front windows, make sure you find a shop that knows what they are doing. For example, if the shop uses razor blade to clean imperfections on the glass, it will scratch off the coating and create permanent lines.
The following 4 users liked this post by zanewyn:
DenverRx (05-04-22), dklanecky1 (05-04-22), Nx350fspt (06-22-22), twitte (05-04-22)
Old 05-04-22, 05:24 PM
DDGNX
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi All,

thanks!
Took mine to an experienced shop knowledgeable of the newest Lexus coatings. Make sure they get the match to the rear windows right. See attached Lexus chart.
Attached Files
DenverRx (05-04-22)
Old 05-04-22, 05:44 PM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

On the topic of tinting...one of the line items on my quote from Lexus for my soon-to-be-built car is for window tinting. I've been assuming this is for the front windows, and that the rear windows come tinted from the factory. Is this correct?
Old 05-04-22, 09:07 PM
d2k2vic
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dorsai
On the topic of tinting...one of the line items on my quote from Lexus for my soon-to-be-built car is for window tinting. I've been assuming this is for the front windows, and that the rear windows come tinted from the factory. Is this correct?
Yes, it's only the front windows that will get the window tint "film" if that's a line item on your new car window sticker. The rear and back glass have factory tinted glass which is a pigment in the glass, not a film.
Dorsai (05-05-22)
Old 05-06-22, 02:02 AM
Jggy993
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DDGNX
Took mine to an experienced shop knowledgeable of the newest Lexus coatings. Make sure they get the match to the rear windows right. See attached Lexus chart.
thanks for the look out **

Quick Reply: Official 2nd Gen NX Tint Thread - add your pics here