NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Out of the Door Price

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-22, 12:08 PM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Yes no custom orders. But you can request in general what you want. For example you can specify exterior and interior color and premium or luxury trim. Then you wait. You’ll have to pay for the factory and port installed options. Although you might have some say on port options.

I guess the California market might be different in terms of going over msrp
Old 05-16-22, 02:14 PM
wattyb2
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by wompwomp77
Yes, sounds about right, though I've been quoted ~6 mos waiting time and both dealerships take 1k deposit.
There's no getting around with the queue, they have you sign their quote before doing a deposit.
I found my quote from Fife Lexus for a Premium and it's about ~63k including ~3k Dealer Options. (They do some mumbo jumbo formatting in their quote cause I'm doing a trade-in so it's hard to estimate but it's around that number)
With Seattle Lexus, they don't take your deposit (and don't give you a full quote) unless you are actually allocated a car. It's a bit more nerve-wracking since it's a race to get that allocation once the sales person gets a hold of it vs being in an ordered list and it's guaranteed yours. But they are both refundable so there's at least that.
In your area as well and heard the same for the wait time. You don't mention Bellevue, but they told me they sell for MSRP and then when I sat down to talk numbers, there were $6.5k in BS (non negotiable) add ons listed on the deal sheet. Spokane was the same as Seattle; still in line there. Needless to say I expanded my search as far as Texas and had two hits where I was able to put down deposits on an an actual unique vehicle. One in OR where the process was about like what you describe for Seattle and one in TX where submitting an inquiry somehow got me a salesman asking if I was interested in a model that had just cleared the Port without having been reserved. Former wanted a $2.5k markup without any other BS. Latter wanted $2.5k in BS markups ON TOP of a $5k adjustment. Negotiated the $5k off for a luxury 350h with most of the options from TX, so paying slightly more than MSRP, but it's the car we want and it'll be on the ground in a week or two as opposed to an A status vehicle with no clear delivery date yet, such is life.

Your quote of $63k for the premium from Fife seems really high as even with the $2.5k markup in OR, we were looking at a nicely optioned premium for just over $50k. I suppose if it had a lot of the other options, it might get up there, but still, $63k for a premium is.....a lot.

Edit: CA dealers had some on the ground ready to go, but they were anywhere from $5k to $15k over sticker. Even had one salesman tell me it was "fair" given the market for the latter markup.
Old 05-16-22, 03:48 PM
evrinus
Driver School Candidate

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hth
Hi @bajracht, that link is for an 450h. And that is not the color my wife wants.

Thanks,
I can confirm this dealer sold vehicles at MSRP. if you have time, just ask them to put you on the list. I've seen the same dealer bs as you when I was shopping around. If you don't need it right away, do not pay over MSRP.
The following users liked this post:
hth (05-16-22)
Old 05-16-22, 04:00 PM
hth
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by evrinus
I can confirm this dealer sold vehicles at MSRP. if you have time, just ask them to put you on the list. I've seen the same dealer bs as you when I was shopping around. If you don't need it right away, do not pay over MSRP.
Facebook did spy my car search so the ads from Longo saying "never go over MSRP" often shown in FB. That was why I added this dealer to the list of dealers to contact me even it is not local (40ish miles).

I am not in a rush. The current 2006 RX330 still runs wells at 185K miles.
Old 05-16-22, 04:09 PM
hth
Rookie

Another dealer replied saying they wanted 5K above MSRP for "Window Tint, Dash Cam, All Weather Mats, Paint Protection". On lexus.com I see:
  • all-weather floor liners: $170
  • all-weather cargo mat: $120
  • Paint Protection film: $450
I don't know what kind of dash cam they will install.

If I have to accept an accessory (such as the dash cam) to get the car, would they add add installation labor for that accessory to jack up the price?
Old 05-16-22, 04:22 PM
hth
Rookie

Originally Posted by evrinus
Longo Lexus is in El Monte with 10.25% sales tax. Where I live has 7.75% sales tax. Is the sales tax based on where the registered car owner live or where the dealer is located?
Old 05-16-22, 06:01 PM
wattyb2
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hth
If I have to accept an accessory (such as the dash cam) to get the car, would they add add installation labor for that accessory to jack up the price?
The whole reason for the add ons is precisely to get a kickback from the installation cost, which (presumably) is rolled into the amount they list on the deal sheet.

There was a dealer that wanted $4,500 for those kinds of things and I told them I didn't want any of it. Wasn't going to pay the following number, but I asked them if they'd just do $2000 cash on top of MSRP instead of those add ons. Guy said he'd ask his manager, but came back with a no. So, either they are making at least 50% of that cost back, or they have some kind of agreement with the installing outfit with the number of cars they guarantee to use them for. Suppose it could also just be a hassle to separate the cars that don't get those things added from those that do, but for $2000 free and clear, you'd figure they'd make it happen if it were actually profitable for them at that price.

Out of curiosity, I looked up one of the "protective films" they advertised for $1699 or some such and a google search showed the average national cost to install that same system was $799. SMH....
Old 05-17-22, 12:51 PM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Received 141 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by hth
Longo Lexus is in El Monte with 10.25% sales tax. Where I live has 7.75% sales tax. Is the sales tax based on where the registered car owner live or where the dealer is located?
Check with the state DMV, who controls the answer to that question. In Wisconsin, it's based on where you live, but I've heard the costal states are in a taxing frenzy.
Old 05-17-22, 07:07 PM
wompwomp77
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wattyb2
In your area as well and heard the same for the wait time. You don't mention Bellevue, but they told me they sell for MSRP and then when I sat down to talk numbers, there were $6.5k in BS (non negotiable) add ons listed on the deal sheet. Spokane was the same as Seattle; still in line there. Needless to say I expanded my search as far as Texas and had two hits where I was able to put down deposits on an an actual unique vehicle. One in OR where the process was about like what you describe for Seattle and one in TX where submitting an inquiry somehow got me a salesman asking if I was interested in a model that had just cleared the Port without having been reserved. Former wanted a $2.5k markup without any other BS. Latter wanted $2.5k in BS markups ON TOP of a $5k adjustment. Negotiated the $5k off for a luxury 350h with most of the options from TX, so paying slightly more than MSRP, but it's the car we want and it'll be on the ground in a week or two as opposed to an A status vehicle with no clear delivery date yet, such is life.

Your quote of $63k for the premium from Fife seems really high as even with the $2.5k markup in OR, we were looking at a nicely optioned premium for just over $50k. I suppose if it had a lot of the other options, it might get up there, but still, $63k for a premium is.....a lot.

Edit: CA dealers had some on the ground ready to go, but they were anywhere from $5k to $15k over sticker. Even had one salesman tell me it was "fair" given the market for the latter markup.
I didn't approach Bellevue as I heard from the two other dealers in Seattle that they mark up significantly and that looks like that's the case here - 6k is ... wow.

Also, you're right, I made a mistake with the Premium price there (I'll edit the original post with the correct amount), it's about 56k for the Premium (includes dealer accessories, sales tax, license fee and doc fee)

Thanks for sharing your experiences and info, I was able to get an allocation but it's the base model so I've been thinking twice if I want to keep looking around for a Premium model. Although when I think about the pros and cons of delivery/traveling to a diff state, the extra 2k I'm paying for dealer accessories might as well be the same expense. At this point, I'm justifying the 2k as a 'convenience fee' ... But -- Congratulations on being able to get one AND getting that 5k off!
Old 05-18-22, 12:43 AM
lgcongtruc
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you live in OC area, i would recommend Crown Lexus (Ontario), little bit far but i got the 350h base for $45k5 + tax (no accessories or upcharge) I put my name on their waitlist, when they have car in transit and arrive in 2 weeks, they will call you reserve. Smooth and easy deal.
Old 05-18-22, 01:30 PM
hth
Rookie

Originally Posted by lgcongtruc
If you live in OC area, i would recommend Crown Lexus (Ontario), little bit far but i got the 350h base for $45k5 + tax (no accessories or upcharge) I put my name on their waitlist, when they have car in transit and arrive in 2 weeks, they will call you reserve. Smooth and easy deal.
Crown is not far for driving compared to Van Nuys or Glendale. I left my contact on the chat with Crown. A rep contacted wanting $5K markups for hybrid and MSRP for non hybrid.
Longo and Bakerfield are selling MSRP but must be on a 6 - 12 month waiting list.
Old 05-18-22, 09:55 PM
hth
Rookie

Originally Posted by dklanecky1
Check with the state DMV, who controls the answer to that question. In Wisconsin, it's based on where you live, but I've heard the costal states are in a taxing frenzy.
I talked to the sales manager of a Lexus dealer where sales tax is 2.5% higher than where I live; she confirmed that the sales tax would be the one where I live.

I also found this website from CA DMV to calculate the new vehicle fees; it based on my home address.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/wasapp/FeeCal...VehicleForm.do
Old 05-19-22, 04:52 PM
akck4
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wompwomp77
I didn't approach Bellevue as I heard from the two other dealers in Seattle that they mark up significantly and that looks like that's the case here - 6k is ... wow.

Also, you're right, I made a mistake with the Premium price there (I'll edit the original post with the correct amount), it's about 56k for the Premium (includes dealer accessories, sales tax, license fee and doc fee)

Thanks for sharing your experiences and info, I was able to get an allocation but it's the base model so I've been thinking twice if I want to keep looking around for a Premium model. Although when I think about the pros and cons of delivery/traveling to a diff state, the extra 2k I'm paying for dealer accessories might as well be the same expense. At this point, I'm justifying the 2k as a 'convenience fee' ... But -- Congratulations on being able to get one AND getting that 5k off!
I posted this earlier buy put the non-refundable $2k deposit down at Bellevue. Attached is the invoice. The base is for the 350h Luxury.

Old 05-19-22, 07:19 PM
hth
Rookie

Originally Posted by akck4
I posted this earlier buy put the non-refundable $2k deposit down at Bellevue. Attached is the invoice. The base is for the 350h Luxury.
Thanks for sharing.

Don't know what options causing the base price up to $55,759 but I tried to build an NX350h with luxury package and got $50,075 for the zip code 98004. Was it a $5K above MSRP?

And is the $999 top coat really needed as you wanted or the dealer made you? Last time I bought a new car was in 2007 (still driving the car) and I did not choose top coat.

Thanks,
The following users liked this post:
anniedrea (05-19-22)
Old 05-19-22, 09:01 PM
scooky
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

I have similar.
After the luxury package you need to add pretty much all the additional options. Triple beam headlights, pano roof, etc. etc.
The actual final price base price will be determined after the actual vehicle is available based on what it actually has.
iirc my depost was refundable after about 3-4 months if no vehicle met our specs.
I got the impression the dealer/port installed options weren't really negotiable. I think this is their way of getting more profit without technically going over MSRP. We would have wanted some of them, but not all of them. These extra items are heavier on this due to the supply/demand, but I'm seen many of them on other vehicles in previous years even when there is less demand.
I don't love it, but I'm not all that upset either. I do look forward to this industry getting disrupted at some point.

Quick Reply: Out of the Door Price