NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Out of the Door Price

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-22, 09:34 PM
hth
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am thinking of getting into the line at Longo for the NX350h. They wanted $500 deposit to "preorder" the car; the internet sales manager confirmed the deposit is fully refundable if I no longer want the car while waiting in the queue. If they are selling at MSRP it is great for me but I am not sure if they would force me to purchase unwanted accessories at higher price?

The reason to buy the car is to save on gas but paying $5000 over MSRP does not seem "gas saving" for me.
The following users liked this post:
HeavenSold (05-21-22)
Old 05-20-22, 06:22 AM
scooky
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

I respect there are lots of ways to look at the price and value of something like this. I'm not going to suggest any perspective is better or worse.

For me. MSRP is a somewhat arbitrary number. It is valuable as it gives a baseline to do some comparisons with and have conversations about.
I don't think paying MSRP is a good or bad deal. It depends. Just a few years ago the idea of paying MSRP was silly for most things. People would say you were getting ripped off if you paid MSRP. People talked more about Invoice prices +/-.

I look at it this way. Is X vehicle, at that price, with those features/options worth it to me, at this time?
If not, I wait, or look elsewhere.
If yes, then it doesn't matter much to me how the numbers got there.
If MSRP was 10k higher and the dealers were giving everyone 5k discounts would that feel like a good deal? Price out the door would be the same. Value to me would be basically the same.

Right now, I have a reliable but aging car I want to replace. I'm fine waiting a bit, but I'm also willing to pay a little extra to get it this year instead of next year (or later). I'm still waiting for a video card for the computer after 2 years...
If something happened to that car and it needed to be replaced urgently, my variables change.

I don't like that they cram extra stuff on when market conditions allow them to. But 17 years ago I had the same thing when I bought my truck. Pinstripes, corrosion resistance, interior protection etc. All dealer installed and couldn't be removed.
4 years ago when I got my RC, I had zero add-ons and paid well below MSRP. Market conditions were different.
The following 3 users liked this post by scooky:
hintonwood (05-20-22), Kusala (05-20-22), Nx350fspt (05-21-22)
Old 05-21-22, 12:20 PM
OPorz
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

We paid sticker/list price in Indianapolis in April ‘22 for an NX350h Hybrid. Salesperson was good and kept us informed on delivery, etc. He mentioned that some dealers are charging above list price but they were not. I wouldn’t pay above LP.
The following users liked this post:
hth (05-21-22)
Old 05-21-22, 12:55 PM
hth
Rookie

Originally Posted by OPorz
We paid sticker/list price in Indianapolis in April ‘22 for an NX350h Hybrid. Salesperson was good and kept us informed on delivery, etc. He mentioned that some dealers are charging above list price but they were not. I wouldn’t pay above LP.
Great you got the car without markups but that is not what is happening here in Southern CA. I think it is just between supply and demand similar to the housing market.

But like you I am not going to pay $5K above MSRP to "save gas" as I am happy with the current 2006 RX330.
Old 05-21-22, 07:18 PM
SkiRockies
8th Gear

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts

I purchased a 2022 NX350 Luxury with all the bells and whistles. I was out the door for $54,000, which was MSRP plus a $600 dealership fee.
The following 2 users liked this post by SkiRockies:
Geopoz (05-21-22), hth (05-21-22)
Old 05-21-22, 07:38 PM
hth
Rookie

Originally Posted by SkiRockies
I purchased a 2022 NX350 Luxury with all the bells and whistles. I was out the door for $54,000, which was MSRP plus a $600 dealership fee.
It was good deal. Where is the location? Over here in Southern CA there is no MSRP unless getting into the 9-18 month waiting list.

Never mind. I see you are in CO but not sure where in CO.

Last edited by hth; 05-22-22 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-13-22, 12:34 PM
wittylion
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most dealers here in MA are at MSRP which I thought was great! First time in my I will be paying MSRP. And I am paying a deposit on a vehicle
Old 10-23-22, 01:43 AM
gcskoor
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

I would just get the car without any dealer add-ons, if possible. It is a little more leg work to add things like tint/coatings later, but one can almost always get add-ons cheaper and likely better quality than what a dealer will install/offer.

I was able to get my NX 350h Luxury at MSRP and the dealer waived its usual "doc/handling" fee. It did have the port installed expensive "Lexus" lit-up door sill-not much value in real protection. But it was a Japan built VIN, so I accepted it as an "import" tax. LOL.

My first car ever to buy at MSRP. and think I got a "deal." Things change...
Old 10-23-22, 11:02 AM
SeismicGuy
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Hello--newbie here so apologize in advance if this post is redundant. The wife and I are currently shopping around for what will likely be our last new car purchase. We have looked at Lexus a few times in the past but last 2 new cars we ended up with were 2002 Acura TL and 2012 Acura TL. As you can gather we tend to keep cars a long time and when we sell them they only have maybe 60,000 to 80,000 miles on them and are always in excellent shape. So after 10 years and 61,000 miles the wife decided she wants an SUV and it should be a hybrid so Lexus NX 350h seems to fit the bill. I have to say that over the years shopping dealers for a new car has been high up on the list of distasteful activities which is why, I guess, we keep cars so long. That being said even when (in the past) shopping for cars that were "desirable" at the time (BMW, Supra, Audi, Acura) we always got a deal and never paid sticker. Also never had a problem getting the exact color, trim, features, etc. we wanted.

I realize current time has changed drastically due to a variety of circumstances (actual or manipulated but that is for a different thread). Local dealers here in southern California (San Fernando Valley and surrounding areas) almost never seem to have any of these in stock or even to test drive (I wanted to make sure the wife was comfortable with the slightly different feel of a hybrid). Then it is basically "here is what we have coming in (maybe) over the next few months so which one do you want" and price is at sticker. Is this basically the state of auto purchasing for the foreseeable future?

Doug
Old 10-23-22, 04:56 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 532 Likes on 347 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
Hello--newbie here so apologize in advance if this post is redundant. The wife and I are currently shopping around for what will likely be our last new car purchase. We have looked at Lexus a few times in the past but last 2 new cars we ended up with were 2002 Acura TL and 2012 Acura TL. As you can gather we tend to keep cars a long time and when we sell them they only have maybe 60,000 to 80,000 miles on them and are always in excellent shape. So after 10 years and 61,000 miles the wife decided she wants an SUV and it should be a hybrid so Lexus NX 350h seems to fit the bill. I have to say that over the years shopping dealers for a new car has been high up on the list of distasteful activities which is why, I guess, we keep cars so long. That being said even when (in the past) shopping for cars that were "desirable" at the time (BMW, Supra, Audi, Acura) we always got a deal and never paid sticker. Also never had a problem getting the exact color, trim, features, etc. we wanted.

I realize current time has changed drastically due to a variety of circumstances (actual or manipulated but that is for a different thread). Local dealers here in southern California (San Fernando Valley and surrounding areas) almost never seem to have any of these in stock or even to test drive (I wanted to make sure the wife was comfortable with the slightly different feel of a hybrid). Then it is basically "here is what we have coming in (maybe) over the next few months so which one do you want" and price is at sticker. Is this basically the state of auto purchasing for the foreseeable future?

Doug
Get a NX 350h , be prepared to wait 4 months or so to get at MSRP. Get on a waiting list and wait; it is a phenomenal car and worth the wait

YMMV,
MidCow3
The following 2 users liked this post by midcow3:
Doug007 (10-23-22), gcskoor (10-24-22)
Old 10-23-22, 06:23 PM
Doug007
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by hth
Longo Lexus is in El Monte with 10.25% sales tax. Where I live has 7.75% sales tax. Is the sales tax based on where the registered car owner live or where the dealer is located?
In CA the sales tax is based on your county and any local taxes.
Old 10-23-22, 06:43 PM
Doug007
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

hth - sent you a PM.
Old 11-27-22, 07:46 PM
bmwlexus09
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for a 2023 NX 250 w/premium package. What did you pay out the door for this? Hoping that it’s not MSRP.
Old 11-27-22, 09:30 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 532 Likes on 347 Posts
Cool $5,000 discount

Originally Posted by SkiRockies
Very cool, so $54,000 after TT&L is awesome you got a $5,000 or so discount WOW you rock
Old 06-25-23, 09:55 AM
SeismicGuy
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Back here again after 8 months. The local dealer we had seen back in October said wait until summer and things would get more "normal". Well that has not been the case, at least with the 350 hybrid. We wasted time yesterday visiting a dealer 40 miles away in Oxnard who misspoke on the phone by telling us the vehicle shown on their website was on the lot and they would bring it around for us by the time we got there. When we arrived no such car was on the lot but, rather, it would be coming in some time within the next month or so. The dealer said they were willing to go MSRP (was about $49K for the Premium version) which sounded okay given the current climate but then quietly added that this would be PLUS dealer add-ons of another $3,400. Then started the BS back and forth which wears me out. The final insult was the offer they made for our fairly pristine 2012 TL (66,000 miles and clean as a whistle) which led my wife and I to storm out of there. Irony is that the same dealer is knocking $3K to $4K off their gas models and the guy said that only a few years ago they were doing so on the hybrids which not many people wanted but things have flipped.

Quick Reply: Out of the Door Price