NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Out of the Door Price

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-23, 12:34 PM
hth
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
Back here again after 8 months. The local dealer we had seen back in October said wait until summer and things would get more "normal". Well that has not been the case, at least with the 350 hybrid. We wasted time yesterday visiting a dealer 40 miles away in Oxnard who misspoke on the phone by telling us the vehicle shown on their website was on the lot and they would bring it around for us by the time we got there. When we arrived no such car was on the lot but, rather, it would be coming in some time within the next month or so. The dealer said they were willing to go MSRP (was about $49K for the Premium version) which sounded okay given the current climate but then quietly added that this would be PLUS dealer add-ons of another $3,400. Then started the BS back and forth which wears me out. The final insult was the offer they made for our fairly pristine 2012 TL (66,000 miles and clean as a whistle) which led my wife and I to storm out of there. Irony is that the same dealer is knocking $3K to $4K off their gas models and the guy said that only a few years ago they were doing so on the hybrids which not many people wanted but things have flipped.
this dealer did similar thing to me. Last year around this time I was hunting the NX305H. A salesman here promised me a car so I called sick for half day and called my wife to talke half day off also to drive from Anaheim. I gave them copies of driver licenses. When we were about to leave home he called saying the car was sold to someone and had another car for me with higher price.
Well at least I did not have to drive 2 hours from Anaheim to Oxnard in the afternoon 🙃

Last edited by hth; 06-25-23 at 12:45 PM.