NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Out of the Door Price

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-22, 07:58 PM
hth
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Out of the Door Price

Folks, I am shopping for 2022 NX350h. A dealer in Orange country, CA quoted a premium for $48,695 (MSRP $44,600 + Factory Installed Package & Accessories $3,020 + Delivery Processing / handling $1,075). However when I asked for the out of the door price they said it would be up to 61K plus tax plus DMV fees. I was so bummed as it was so much higher than I expected. No sure if I did my home work wrong or not because I can pay only up to 55K. Can you share how much you paid for your NX350h (and what build) so I can adjust my expectation.

Thanks,
Old 05-15-22, 08:09 PM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

You should only pay msrp Plus tax and reasonable documentation fee and registration fee. Your premium price is typical. If more than that talk to other dealers or sales persons and do your research. Build the nx on the web site and you will get msrp. Don’t get ripped off. Most Lexus dealers should stick to msrp
The following users liked this post:
hth (05-15-22)
Old 05-15-22, 08:31 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Also when you do your build online, Lexus website. The shipping and handling delivery costs are in that msrp price. If they are adding dealer add-ons that you don't want tell them no or no deal.
The following 4 users liked this post by Geopoz:
450hPlus (11-27-22), hth (05-15-22), Lexus22563 (05-16-22), Nx350fspt (05-16-22)
Old 05-15-22, 08:36 PM
hth
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lexus22563
You should only pay msrp Plus tax and reasonable documentation fee and registration fee. Your premium price is typical. If more than that talk to other dealers or sales persons and do your research. Build the nx on the web site and you will get msrp. Don’t get ripped off. Most Lexus dealers should stick to msrp
Thanks @lexus22563 for your quick reply. I tried to build the car once last week and Lexus.com said the dealer (that I went there today) would contact me if I wanted to proceed. It probably based on the zip code I provided.

I just went www.caranddriver.com and it had the options to select more than 1 dealer to contact me for the car. Will see what I have from them.

Still want to know how much the folks here paid for the car though.

Thanks,
Old 05-15-22, 08:53 PM
hth
Rookie

Originally Posted by Geopoz
Also when you do your build online, Lexus website. The shipping and handling delivery costs are in that msrp price. If they are adding dealer add-ons that you don't want tell them no or no deal.
Thanks. Will build one with lexus.com.
Old 05-16-22, 04:13 AM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

I paid what was on the window sticker. Plus tax, documentation fee of $687 and title and registration fee. The documentation fee was high compared to $499 from another dealer, but that dealer wanted to add on $350 for nitrogen air in tires and some coating for $1100. So I went with dealer with no add ons. When I put a $1000 deposit down, I got an agreement for a nx at msrp. No add on we’re listed.

now some folks do want some add on options but it should be their choice.

My salesperson person was very good at keeping me informed while I waited for delivery. The point is shop around. Go visit a dealer and find a good salesperson. Look at the dealer reviews

Last edited by Lexus22563; 05-16-22 at 04:28 AM.
hth (05-16-22)
Old 05-16-22, 06:57 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 243 Likes on 175 Posts

I too just paid sticker plus normal taxes and fees, no dealer extortion charges. This was the Peoria, Illinois dealer. Of course, they offered the usual warranty add-ons and paint protection but we declined.
The following 2 users liked this post by Randyp1234:
hth (05-16-22), Lexus22563 (05-16-22)
Old 05-16-22, 08:11 AM
wompwomp77
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't bought mine yet but have received quotes from dealers in WA (sans Bellevue since I didn't approach them) and they give the same type of pricing: MSRP + Factory Accessories + ~2k Dealer Service & Protection Options + Taxes/doc/license fees = 52k for just the Base model.
As far as I know, I haven't seen any cars that don't already come with the factory-installed accessories, so getting anything at true MSRP would be a true miracle. The days of declining the Dealer Options seem to be over as well since they won't even let you put down a 1k deposit if you don't sign on it.
It's really annoying and all the accessories + dealer options truly inflate the tax and total price, but that's the state of the WA market. Would love to know the good dealers out there from other states but even then, the additional cost of getting it delivered or flying to get the car is an added expense and hassle, so there's really no winning in this case.
wattyb2 (05-16-22)
Old 05-16-22, 09:59 AM
hth
Rookie

Originally Posted by wompwomp77
I haven't bought mine yet but have received quotes from dealers in WA (sans Bellevue since I didn't approach them) and they give the same type of pricing: MSRP + Factory Accessories + ~2k Dealer Service & Protection Options + Taxes/doc/license fees = 52k for just the Base model.
As far as I know, I haven't seen any cars that don't already come with the factory-installed accessories, so getting anything at true MSRP would be a true miracle. The days of declining the Dealer Options seem to be over as well since they won't even let you put down a 1k deposit if you don't sign on it.
It's really annoying and all the accessories + dealer options truly inflate the tax and total price, but that's the state of the WA market. Would love to know the good dealers out there from other states but even then, the additional cost of getting it delivered or flying to get the car is an added expense and hassle, so there's really no winning in this case.
Yes this is not buyers market now. I got an email from Longo Lexus in LA saying "We are currently sold out of this vehicle and there is a waitlist of over 280+ clients". it would be 18 months for me to get the car with this dealer at the current delivery rate. And "If you would like to get in the queue, it would require a deposit of $500.00 by credit card".
Old 05-16-22, 10:26 AM
bajracht
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus Longo does have one in stock.

Link to the website. Just got a call too they can only sell in CA and they are selling at MSRP + included packages.

https://express.longolexus.com/expre...deal_months=60
Old 05-16-22, 10:31 AM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

I would take what the dealer says to you about wait list and wait time with a grain of salt. They may want to just make you anxious and to get a good sale price for them. Just talk to other dealerships. Make sure they will commit to msrp when it arrives. The wait time may not be as long as they claim. For example I got on a wait list in January and got delivery at the end of March. I thought it would be June before I got delivery. So if you really want this car go for it and get in line. Just say you want them to commit to msrp and not more. The 350h is a nice ride and does get the stated mpg

also if this is a refundable deposit, get on a couple lists

Last edited by Lexus22563; 05-16-22 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-16-22, 10:47 AM
hth
Rookie

Originally Posted by bajracht
Lexus Longo does have one in stock.

Link to the website. Just got a call too they can only sell in CA and they are selling at MSRP + included packages.

https://express.longolexus.com/expre...deal_months=60
Hi @bajracht, that link is for an 450h. And that is not the color my wife wants.

Thanks,
Old 05-16-22, 10:52 AM
Nx350fspt
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by hth
Hi @bajracht, that link is for an 450h. And that is not the color my wife wants.

Thanks,
Most ppl don't want that color... Resale will be hurting a few thousand down the line as well
Old 05-16-22, 11:17 AM
wompwomp77
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hth
Yes this is not buyers market now. I got an email from Longo Lexus in LA saying "We are currently sold out of this vehicle and there is a waitlist of over 280+ clients". it would be 18 months for me to get the car with this dealer at the current delivery rate. And "If you would like to get in the queue, it would require a deposit of $500.00 by credit card".
Yes, sounds about right, though I've been quoted ~6 mos waiting time and both dealerships take 1k deposit.
There's no getting around with the queue, they have you sign their quote before doing a deposit.
I found my quote from Fife Lexus for a Premium and it's about ~63k ~56k including ~3k Dealer Options. (They do some mumbo jumbo formatting in their quote cause I'm doing a trade-in so it's hard to estimate but it's around that number)
With Seattle Lexus, they don't take your deposit (and don't give you a full quote) unless you are actually allocated a car. It's a bit more nerve-wracking since it's a race to get that allocation once the sales person gets a hold of it vs being in an ordered list and it's guaranteed yours. But they are both refundable so there's at least that.

Edit: 63k -> 56k I can't math apparently

Last edited by wompwomp77; 05-17-22 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-16-22, 11:45 AM
hth
Rookie

A dealer replied to my inquiry "Lexus do not take Custom orders at this time and all Hybrids are over MSRP."

Quick Reply: Out of the Door Price