NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

All windows down feature available on NX?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-22, 08:21 AM
DenverRx
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 61 Posts
Default All windows down feature available on NX?

One of my favorite features on my 16' RX is that you can hold down the unlock button, & all the windows will roll down. This is great when returning to your car that's been sitting in the sun for hours. Oddly, this feature was turned off from the factory (had to request it be turned on). Is this available on the NX350? I'm getting the digital key option on my NXh, but really don't want it, because I would carry my fob just to have this option.
Old 05-17-22, 10:04 AM
NguyenAT
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Digital key is a joke. They recommended us to carry a backup key. To use digital key, the lexus app has to active or runs in background and this app drains the phone battery badly.
The following users liked this post:
DenverRx (05-17-22)
Old 05-17-22, 11:44 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 600 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by DenverRx
One of my favorite features on my 16' RX is that you can hold down the unlock button, & all the windows will roll down. This is great when returning to your car that's been sitting in the sun for hours. Oddly, this feature was turned off from the factory (had to request it be turned on). Is this available on the NX350? I'm getting the digital key option on my NXh, but really don't want it, because I would carry my fob just to have this option.
This is one of the personalization item I have in my NX450h+ and I believe it is available when you go to your dealer under the first inspection.

The following 2 users liked this post by lsft:
DenverRx (05-17-22), dna201 (05-17-22)
Old 05-17-22, 11:53 AM
Mrnovanova
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Yes it is. It's not enabled by default though. I forgot to ask for it on my first inspection so I called them and the told me to bring the car by when they're not to busy and the enabled it for me foc.
DenverRx (05-17-22)
Old 05-17-22, 12:24 PM
BC310
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Digital key (app on cell phone) and/or the wallet-sized card key are in addition to the two regular fobs that still come with the car. So if you don't find the modern options useful, it doesn't prevent you from sticking with the traditional route. Plus, the latest Lexus key fobs look and feel really nice since they are sculpted and have a metal accent--much different from the old utilitarian designs.
You'll need to request the all-windows-open-from-fob feature to be enabled by the dealer during a customization visit, or with one of those kits you can buy to hook into your car's computer to do it yourself.
In regards to the car being hot, if you have connected services, you can use your Lexus app to remote-start the car and run climate control. Can work to warm up the car in cold weather too.
DenverRx (05-17-22)