NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Cell Phone Echo.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-22 | 06:26 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Default Cell Phone Echo.....

I've seen a few people say they have had issues with Bluetooth connected phones echoing badly on the callers end. This is happening with my wife's phone and I was wondering if anyone knows of a solution. It could just be it's time to replace her old Galaxy S7 but before we go there I thought I'd ask here. I have not tested with my somewhat newer Galaxy S10 and will not be able to do that until tomorrow evening.

Thanks,

Randy
Old 05-19-22 | 09:11 AM
ChiFSporty
10th Gear

Hi Randy

I've heard the same complaint from some people when talking on the phone. (mostly iphone users). What I do is turn the callers voice volume down to level 14 and then they usually say the echo goes away. Any higher and they say the echo comes back. I'd prefer it a bit louder but I can still hear them well enough on 14.

Model: 2022 NX 350 F-sport

Eric

Old 05-19-22 | 10:44 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Originally Posted by ChiFSporty
Hi Randy

I've heard the same complaint from some people when talking on the phone. (mostly iphone users). What I do is turn the callers voice volume down to level 14 and then they usually say the echo goes away. Any higher and they say the echo comes back. I'd prefer it a bit louder but I can still hear them well enough on 14.

Model: 2022 NX 350 F-sport

Eric
When you say you "turn the caller's voice volume down" do you mean you turn down the speaker volume for the call in your car? FWIW - my wife's phone is a Galaxy S7 so obviously Android. No idea what the people use that are calling her.

Old 05-19-22 | 11:08 AM
ChiFSporty
10th Gear

Correct. When you're on a call you can adjust the call volume using the volume buttons on the steering wheel. Try experimenting with different volume levels.
Old 05-19-22 | 01:08 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Originally Posted by ChiFSporty
Correct. When you're on a call you can adjust the call volume using the volume buttons on the steering wheel. Try experimenting with different volume levels.
I'll have her do that. I'll also try using my somewhat newer phone and see what it does. Thanks!!
Old 05-19-22 | 04:16 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

While turning down the volume *did* lessen the echo, it also made it so my wife couldn't hear the call.
Old 05-20-22 | 10:52 AM
BC310
Driver

Originally Posted by Randyp1234
While turning down the volume *did* lessen the echo, it also made it so my wife couldn't hear the call.
Did you try both while driving (ambient/highway noise) and while stopped (no ambient)?
If it's a reproducible problem, you might take it in for service for them to review. It sounds like a feedback problem between the car's speakers and microphone, which would not be the fault of the phone.
Old 07-23-22 | 11:45 AM
LaTrell
1st Gear

Default Echo problem

Originally Posted by BC310
Did you try both while driving (ambient/highway noise) and while stopped (no ambient)?
If it's a reproducible problem, you might take it in for service for them to review. It sounds like a feedback problem between the car's speakers and microphone, which would not be the fault of the phone.
Hi all, I too have had this problem with the echo as I noticed it’s only an issue with my wireless CarPlay! When I plug in no issue! I tried turning off Bluetooth and putting phone on LTE. I even took to dealer where they tried to fix and nothing it is still here! Perhaps an update will help with the new system? Any thoughts, as I could also use the help too!
Old 07-23-22 | 12:33 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Originally Posted by LaTrell
Hi all, I too have had this problem with the echo as I noticed it’s only an issue with my wireless CarPlay! When I plug in no issue! I tried turning off Bluetooth and putting phone on LTE. I even took to dealer where they tried to fix and nothing it is still here! Perhaps an update will help with the new system? Any thoughts, as I could also use the help too!
FYI - our car just pulled in an OTA update and it did nothing. Guess I'll have to reach out to the dealer. They're 90 minutes (one way) away so it's not a case of just dropping on like it is for some people.
Old 07-23-22 | 08:16 PM
jatwell
Pit Crew

Mine does it randomly as well one either end or both. I have an android and don’t use the app, just the built in Lexus app. It also happened with android auto when I used to use it. Happens maybe 5% of the time and only solution is to restart the car or reboot the head unit by holding down the power button for a few seconds. Yes, I have the latest of both phone and car software.
Old 03-19-23 | 08:05 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

I wanted to bump this thread now that it's been a while and see if anyone else had has this issue and if a solution has been found? The person calling hears every thing they say repeated back to themselves. Almost like the microphone in the car isn't muting when sound is coming out of the speaker, yet there's no feedback. So if the caller is saying something long they end up talking over themselves to complete their sentences. It's very annoying. Kind of sucks to own this caliber of car and have to use a $60 Bluetooth speakerphone from Amazon. When we had our dealer look at this in the past they just said it could be reproduced with the techs phone but they had no solution.

Thanks.
Old 04-19-23 | 11:02 AM
Ahchoo808
1st Gear

I wanted to bump this thread now that it's been a while and see if anyone else had has this issue and if a solution has been found? The person calling hears every thing they say repeated back to themselves. Almost like the microphone in the car isn't muting when sound is coming out of the speaker, yet there's no feedback. So if the caller is saying something long they end up talking over themselves to complete their sentences. It's very annoying. Kind of sucks to own this caliber of car and have to use a $60 Bluetooth speakerphone from Amazon. When we had our dealer look at this in the past they just said it could be reproduced with the techs phone but they had no solution.

Thanks.
Ive had this issue for a while with my iPhone 12 using wirelessApple CarPlay. Had no issues at all using wired apple CarPlay after removing the Bluetooth connection from the head unit. But I did notice that the issue didn’t present itself when using Siri to make a call and subsequent calls made through the touchscreen or phone didn’t have an echo until I restarted the car. Took it to the dealer and they sent all the data to Lexus but they didn’t have a fix. I thought about it for a bit and decided to disable the hey siri activation in my phone settings, and for the last few weeks I haven’t had the echo in my phone calls.
Old 01-03-24 | 03:46 PM
MlLeznik
3rd Gear

My husband has a 2021 or 22 NX and has had this problem from day 1. He HATES his car because of this and has tried everything. He says the car is awesome but because of this echo he will never buy another Lexus. Makes me sad as we've had multiple Lexus over the last 20 years. If you have found a solution for iPhones and the echo, please let me know. The dealership in Houston has no clue, but clearly it's an issue.
Old 01-03-24 | 03:52 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Originally Posted by MlLeznik
My husband has a 2021 or 22 NX and has had this problem from day 1. He HATES his car because of this and has tried everything. He says the car is awesome but because of this echo he will never buy another Lexus. Makes me sad as we've had multiple Lexus over the last 20 years. If you have found a solution for iPhones and the echo, please let me know. The dealership in Houston has no clue, but clearly it's an issue.
This This
is what we ended up doing.
Old 01-03-24 | 06:11 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

I've seen a few people say they have had issues with Bluetooth connected phones echoing badly on the callers end. This is happening with my wife's phone and I was wondering if anyone knows of a solution. It could just be it's time to replace her old Galaxy S7 but before we go there I thought I'd ask here. I have not tested with my somewhat newer Galaxy S10 and will not be able to do that until tomorrow evening.

Thanks,

Randy
Try

Samsung Instructions

1. Go to Call history log
  2. Hit menu
  3. Go to call settings
  4. Go to additional settings
  5. Check Noise cancellation setting

Quick Reply: Cell Phone Echo.....