NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Lexus app not working not updating

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-24, 07:31 AM
estim8tr
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lsft
It's definitely a fix on the Lexus server end.
Not sure if Lexus fixed anything as it appears this only affected some vehicles and I don’t think the app was the issue, it was the vehicle. Plus the dealership confirmed the employees apps were working fine and my friends was working too.

For my situation, StraySheep’s fix was the only thing that resolved the issue…
Old 06-16-24, 07:39 AM
DRJY
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by estim8tr
Not sure if Lexus fixed anything as it appears this only affected some vehicles and I don’t think the app was the issue, it was the vehicle. Plus the dealership confirmed the employees apps were working fine and my friends was working too.

I agree with you because my friend's 2024 UXh working as well.
Old 06-16-24, 07:44 AM
estim8tr
Rookie

Originally Posted by DRJY
I agree with you because my friend's 2024 UXh working as well.
Have you tried StraySheep’s fix above, reinstall all apps within the vehicle? I’d be surprised if that doesn’t work. It’s not DCM if you have SOS connection. Try that and let us know.
Old 06-16-24, 07:52 AM
DRJY
4th Gear

Have you tried StraySheep’s fix above, reinstall all apps within the vehicle? I’d be surprised if that doesn’t work. It’s not DCM if you have SOS connection. Try that and let us know.
Not yet. I just saw this issue on this forum. May I know if that requires the network to reinstall all apps? Need I connect to my house's WIFI?
Old 06-16-24, 08:10 AM
estim8tr
Rookie

I did not connect to wifi and it worked fine for me. I guess it wouldn’t hurt if you connect to your wifi just to be safe.
Old 06-16-24, 08:12 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 577 Likes on 385 Posts

I have done that many times during the issue and even at the dealership. It's possible a batch of owners on the server end had corruption or something. I doubt Lexus will tell us what the problem was. But good to know that the "settings -> apps -> general then click on reinstall all apps" worked. But my suggestion is to connect the car to a hotspot or wifi before doing it. You rather be safe than sorry. There is a warning when you press re-install to ensure the car does have connectivity.
Old 06-16-24, 10:22 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 531 Likes on 347 Posts
Lightbulb

\It is a good thing Lexus is not commercially selling the app or the would be bankrupt. Lexus should fire the app program developers and completely re-write the app. This is as bad as the Windows 95, blue screen problem ... if you are old enough to remember.

Such a poorly written app with no backup and automatic error recovery is never going to ever work well long-term. My sympathies to all who are suffering; It sounds like Canadians are suffering the worst; sorry folks.

YMMV,
MidCow3

P.S. - Probably most are not experiencing this but the EXACT same app (except for vendor logo change_ services both Toyota and Lexus. It all drills down to a phone number and when you have multiple Toyota/Lexus vehicle, 4 in my case, the app really goes bonkers.

P.S.S - In order to control frustration level I have to minimally us the app when it works. so sad
Old 06-16-24, 02:31 PM
2023NX350h
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by StraySheep
Good news, from the vehicle, I just tried going into settings -> apps -> general then click on reinstall all apps, waited a bit and then Lexus app is working to get status updates form the NX again. Couldn't believe the fix was so simple.

Everyone should try that before wasting your time at the dealer.

I will report back if it stopped working again.
I was just about to do this but as of this afternoon everything started working again.
The following users liked this post:
lsft (06-16-24)
Old 06-16-24, 05:21 PM
DRJY
4th Gear

Originally Posted by 2023NX350h
I was just about to do this but as of this afternoon everything started working again.
Yes. My application working now.
The following users liked this post:
lsft (06-16-24)
Old 06-16-24, 08:34 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 531 Likes on 347 Posts
Question pedestrian thread

pedestrian thread
Old 06-27-24, 04:55 AM
gzhao16
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Not working again

Ok…..so starting from June 26th, the app is not working again
Old 06-27-24, 06:48 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by gzhao16
Ok…..so starting from June 26th, the app is not working again
Yes - it seems to be on and off. I can still see the charging status, but navigation and Hey Lexus not working
Old 06-27-24, 06:50 AM
gzhao16
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lsft
Yes - it seems to be on and off. I can still see the charging status, but navigation and Hey Lexus not working
With all the recalls and dramas, it feels like Lexus is in some serious trouble now
Old 06-27-24, 06:54 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by gzhao16
With all the recalls and dramas, it feels like Lexus is in some serious trouble now
Well, there is a lot of new engines and software with recent vehicles. They software engineer team needs to raise the bar and do better. It does look like that is their weaker spot.
Highly possible that their infrastructure is not able to handle a mass software update causing network congestion. Never new Toyota and Lexus they sell has the new infotainment and updates and network calls to the Lexus servers could cause issues.
Let's hope they get to the bottom of it and resolve it for good and monitor resource usage and increase capacity where needed.
Old 06-27-24, 09:58 AM
StraySheep
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Looks like Lexus app is not updating vehicle status and last parked location again.

"Vehicle Information Updated: Yesterday at 3:55pm"
"Tire Status Update: Today at 8:51am"

Quick Reply: Lexus app not working not updating