NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

NX Activity Rack and Cross Rails

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-22, 09:44 AM
OPorz
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
Default NX Activity Rack and Cross Rails

I finally received my Cross Rails and Activity Rack for my 2022 NX 350h. Installation went okay but the dealer didn’t realize they had to temporarily lower the muffler to install the Activity Rack. They only charged me for 1 hour of labor as promised but will charge 2 or more going forward. Cross Rails are good but the positioning of the front rail crosses right across the panoramic sunroof and that may bother some. I mount our Thule cargo box during extended trips and we don’t use the sunroof all that much.

The Activity Rack is small, 1.25” receiver but I was told the NX 350h isn’t available with the full tow package (2” receiver and wiring harness). I assume this may be due to the hybrid battery and it may be available for non-hybrid models. I’m okay with this since I only use it for a bike rack but I wish it had a 2” receiver to easily accommodate my rack without a 1.25” to 2” converter. As installed, the rear hatch kick sensor continues to work well. I had planned on leaving the 1.25” to 2” on the car but when I do that, the kick sensor thinks its a leg and stops functioning. So, I guess I’ll leave the converter attached to my bike rack and only hook it on when needed. See photos.

Cross Rails

Activity Rack

1.25” to 2” converter

1/25” to 2” converter left on bike rack

Last edited by OPorz; 05-25-22 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Typo
The following 7 users liked this post by OPorz:
2GR (06-20-22), Deesy (08-04-22), gb350h (05-25-22), HeavenSold (01-08-23), hintonwood (05-26-22), LStoneX (05-25-22), stuh (06-19-22) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-25-22, 10:47 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts

As unsightly at the adapter is, it might be the easiest to go with.

Except maybe as volumes increase and more cars come into the market, third party options for activity mounts become available.
The following users liked this post:
OPorz (05-25-22)
Old 05-29-22, 02:02 PM
gb350h
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

thank you man. I've been looking for the cross rails like yours!!! may I ask where you bought them? it doesn't look like the OEM one I saw from another post though https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ispreloading=1
Old 05-29-22, 03:15 PM
OPorz
Driver

I bought them from my dealer with the Activity Rack. Since they were installing the rack, I asked them to install the rails as well. After looking at the other picks with the lock, I’m curious now. I assumed they were the official NX rails. I just took a look at them and I’m not even sure how I would take them off, or how they snapped them on. No plans to remove them, but I assume that’s what the lock is for?
Old 06-01-22, 06:30 AM
wepalm
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OPorz
I bought them from my dealer with the Activity Rack. Since they were installing the rack, I asked them to install the rails as well. After looking at the other picks with the lock, I’m curious now. I assumed they were the official NX rails. I just took a look at them and I’m not even sure how I would take them off, or how they snapped them on. No plans to remove them, but I assume that’s what the lock is for?
Thanks for this. Just got off the phone with my dealer regarding the activity mount. They wanted $225 for parts and quoted me 6 hours for labor for a grand total of $1000. However, if I just go ahead with the towing hitch option it will cost $1080. Definitely going to call other dealers because that is absolutely ridiculous.

Also, for the activity mount I would lose the functionality of the kick sensor (unsure about with the towing option). Which is frustrating but I get it if I have something on the mount.
Old 06-19-22, 11:19 AM
stuh
2nd gear

thank you so much for posting these pics. they are impossible to find anywhere. can i bother you with a question or two: a) do those cross bars lock to the car? i'm not a fan of folks being able to easily unscrew the bars and simply take the entire assembly - including $3000 worth of skis - away in one piece? b) are the simply screwed into the roof? or do they also "grab" onto the silver track that runs front to back on each side? thanks again!
Old 06-19-22, 11:35 AM
OPorz
Driver

Originally Posted by stuh
thank you so much for posting these pics. they are impossible to find anywhere. can i bother you with a question or two: a) do those cross bars lock to the car? i'm not a fan of folks being able to easily unscrew the bars and simply take the entire assembly - including $3000 worth of skis - away in one piece? b) are the simply screwed into the roof? or do they also "grab" onto the silver track that runs front to back on each side? thanks again!
They do not lock but I think they’d be difficult to get off with a Thule box or similar mounted. I took a couple of new pics. I didn’t install them, had the dealer do that while they were also mounting my activity rack. I wish I had watched. They popped off the 4 covers on the silver bar and gave them to me in a ziplock. From what I can tell, if I used a flat head screwdriver to flip up the plastic end and slide it onto the cross bar, it would expose the hex screws. I don’t really want to do that unless I need to.

One of four covers removed.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-21-22, 06:49 AM
CaptAngry
Pit Crew

Received 80 Likes on 45 Posts

Any chance you can post the part numbers for the cross rails? Here, and in the Master Part Numbers thread
Old 06-22-22, 04:38 AM
OPorz
Driver

Originally Posted by CaptAngry
Any chance you can post the part numbers for the cross rails? Here, and in the Master Part Numbers thread
i don’t have them. Sorry.
Old 06-22-22, 08:43 AM
stuh
2nd gear

thank you so much. very helpful
Old 06-22-22, 04:10 PM
CaptAngry
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by OPorz
i don’t have them. Sorry.
Not to be a pain, but there wasn't a part # on your invoice from the dealer?
Old 06-23-22, 05:34 PM
CaptAngry
Pit Crew

Hopefully the numbers I found are the same ones: PT767-78800

Ordered and hopefully here in a few days.
Old 07-04-22, 01:58 PM
gb350h
Rookie

Hopefully the numbers I found are the same ones: PT767-78800

Ordered and hopefully here in a few days.
did you get the cross bar PT767-78800? does it look like the same one as the OP?
Old 07-05-22, 07:03 AM
CaptAngry
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gb350h
did you get the cross bar PT767-78800? does it look like the same one as the OP?
Yes, I received the crossbars. They are the same as OP’s using the part # I listed

Install by myself took about 10 min. It is really that simple
The following users liked this post:
gb350h (07-05-22)
Old 07-05-22, 07:12 AM
gb350h
Rookie

Yes, I received the crossbars. They are the same as OP’s using the part # I listed

Install by myself took about 10 min. It is really that simple
thanks a million!! I’ll order mine then.

Quick Reply: NX Activity Rack and Cross Rails