NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

So close...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-22, 05:04 PM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts
Default So close...

So today has been super frustrating. My shiny new NX (which I've been anticipating for about 18 months now) arrived at the dealer last week, but because my wife/co-purchaser was out of town I wasn't able to complete the transaction. She came home yesterday, so today was supposed to be the big day...but because I am financing through my credit union and not Lexus (I'm getting 2.11% from the credit union, and Lexus won't go below 2.9%) I was supposed to bring a check from my credit union for the difference between my down payment and the transaction price. I suppose I should have figured that out ahead of time, but in fact I've never not financed a car through the dealership so this has never come up before - every dealer to this point has been willing to beat the financing I came in the door with. It was about 6pm when we figured this out, too late to go to my credit union to pick up a check. So, we try again tomorrow.

The good news is, we did the initial walkaround before we started on the paperwork, so I have seen the car. The Cloudburst Gray looks great! The Palomino interior wasn't my first choice and I had never seen it in person before today, but I can tell that I will get used to it fairly quickly. Most importantly, my wife likes the vehicle. For reasons I am not entirely clear on she didn't want to look at cars or test drive them with me, so I was worried that she would think it's too small. But she said the size is fine, plus she likes the tech features - she was quite taken by the kick sensor for the rear hatch. We didn't get to play with the good stuff on the inside, but I expect she'll like that as well. So if all goes well tomorrow, maybe I'll have a car.

The following users liked this post:
blueless (05-25-22)
Old 05-25-22, 05:39 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Sounds like you were just a little excited! Usually the dealer will tell you what the outstanding balance is going to be so you can prepare a cheque. This would also include any weird stuff like licensing that may not be on your bill of sale.

My wife is the same, rarely comes for a test drive, goes to a dealership, or care what I buy. As long as it has a full power passenger seat, she doesn't care.

Congratulations on the new NX !! Enjoy
Old 05-26-22, 06:20 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

And had I thought to ask, I am sure they would have done so - unfortunately I didn't think to do so, as I've always been spoiled in the past with dealer financing. On the plus side, though, it may have been good that we did it this way - somehow they forgot the $500 charge for 'premium' paint (which Cloudburst Gray is for some reason) when we negotiated the deal originally, so had I asked for that outstanding balance electronically it probably would have magically appeared. Fortunately, Nalley Lexus was good about honoring the original agreement we made, so no worries there.

The good thing about having to go back...I was chatting with the salesguy for a bit, and it turns out he's into older pickup trucks. I told him I'd bring my '80 F-150 when I come back today, I'm going to try to park it as close to the gorgeous red LC500 they have as I can, and see if I can induce some depreciation.

jardlr (05-26-22)
Old 05-26-22, 06:39 AM
jardlr
Driver

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

No $500 charge for our Cloudburst here either. (Canadian-built)

We had a similar experience that caused a delay- waiting for an update on the car, I emailed the salesman to ask if it was built. He replied "good news, it should be arriving today!" I asked him to let us know the next steps. At 5:05 (Friday afternoon) he called to report it arrived and they need to call my insurance agent (that closed at 5:00) for coverage verification.

We had to wait until Tuesday
Old 05-26-22, 08:40 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

I was fortunate in that I *did* think to contact my insurance company before going to the dealership yesterday. Interesting thing there - I of course had to provide a VIN to Allstate, but my agent kept getting an error when she tried to enter it into the system on her side. I was pulling the VIN from the quote the dealer sent me, I even sent her a photo of the document to make sure she was entering the same number, no dice. We eventually gave up and agreed that the first thing I would do on arriving at the dealer would be to send her a photo of the VIN plate on the vehicle...

...which turned out to be different from what the dealer had provided me. I did not know this, but apparently vehicles that have not yet been built get a temporary VIN. So the value I gave her wasn't a real VIN, which explains why I was never able to get any of the online trackers or Monroney sticker thing to work. Fortunately we got that figured out, and I am now covered on a vehicle that I don't quite own just yet.

Last edited by Dorsai; 05-26-22 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-26-22, 04:22 PM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Default Success!

The following 6 users liked this post by Dorsai:
buyer (05-28-22), Geopoz (05-26-22), jardlr (05-26-22), Kusala (05-26-22), SenorValas (05-27-22), TipsyTonio (05-27-22) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-26-22, 06:30 PM
jardlr
Driver

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

That's a very respectable looking vehicle (The Ford pickup, that is )
The following 3 users liked this post by jardlr:
Dorsai (05-26-22), july1988 (05-26-22), Randyp1234 (05-27-22)
Old 05-26-22, 07:50 PM
july1988
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Dorsai
Beautiful.
What trim and package is this, price ?
Old 05-26-22, 08:24 PM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Thanks! I’m very pleased with it so far. It’s an NX350 with the Premium package plus the 14” nav system and 20” wheels. Total price out the door was $55,300, including GA taxes and about $1600 in paint protection and window tint. Otherwise it was MSRP.

I’ve only put about 20 miles on it so far, coming home from the dealer and a couple of test runs around the neighborhood. I’ll get a much better feel for it this weekend, we’re doing about 300 miles round trip to my folks’ place in Alabama. Can’t wait!
lulu45 (05-27-22)