NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Digital Key

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-22, 12:27 PM
jchall30
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Digital Key

Is everyone still having issues with the digital key? I went through the whole setup process again like suggested on here and it did seem to fix my pulse drive be absent but the digital key still doesn’t work most of the time. Just wondering if there was any new info on it I missed or is it just still buggy? Thanks guys
Old 05-29-22, 12:51 PM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

My digital key worked for a while, then stopped. Then I got it to work again, worked for a couple weeks, then stopped working as off yesterday.

Thankfully I am fine with using my key fob.

I do like my remote connect and the information that comes thru my Lexus app.
Old 05-29-22, 01:24 PM
usrpetu
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have had the car since February. Digital Key does not work at all for me (NX350). I contacted Lexus trough the Lexus app in my phone, and its not helpful at all.

Iphone 12 and IOS 15.5 here. It looks like Lexus have not been able to make it work. They should reimburse me for this failed feature

Old 05-29-22, 03:04 PM
Kusala
Pit Crew

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Out of curiosity are you folks planning on using the digital key exclusively and leaving the FOB and Smart Access Key at home?
Old 05-29-22, 05:40 PM
jchall30
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Kusala
Out of curiosity are you folks planning on using the digital key exclusively and leaving the FOB and Smart Access Key at home?
I would if it ever works reliably
The following users liked this post:
Scarletrav (06-08-23)
Old 05-30-22, 02:50 AM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kusala
No will stick with FOB
The following users liked this post:
romer (06-08-23)
Old 05-30-22, 11:25 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by jchall30
Is everyone still having issues with the digital key? I went through the whole setup process again like suggested on here and it did seem to fix my pulse drive be absent but the digital key still doesn’t work most of the time. Just wondering if there was any new info on it I missed or is it just still buggy? Thanks guys
Make sure you delete or remove the key before you try adding it back on, when mine messed up I kept trying to add it when it was already there. Since I did that it's been working pretty good.
The following 2 users liked this post by LiBeRtAs:
Kimberly88 (05-31-22), Kodiak412 (07-23-23)
Old 06-06-22, 01:21 PM
VinnyVu
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sae Issued

I have same issued, my digital key not able to connect to Bluetooth. I have reset my Lexus to factory reset. Open case with Lexus advisor, remove the apps from my phone.
Nothing work. Lexus customer services is recommend that I talk to my dealership and have review.
THe feature is nice, but I cartry my key fob
Old 06-06-22, 02:45 PM
nx450hfspt
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

My dealership helped me asking Lexus to reset my digital key on the server side, and now it works.
Old 06-07-23, 06:19 PM
Bulldog50
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I left my physical key at home this evening and my digital key failed. So did my wife's. Both of us have iPhone 14s with the latest iOS. We were locked out for about 20 minutes. WTF? Suppose there was an emergency? Posted this on Lexus Facebook and will be visiting my Service Manager tomorrow.
Old 06-08-23, 03:10 PM
Scarletrav
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bulldog50
I left my physical key at home this evening and my digital key failed. So did my wife's. Both of us have iPhone 14s with the latest iOS. We were locked out for about 20 minutes. WTF? Suppose there was an emergency? Posted this on Lexus Facebook and will be visiting my Service Manager tomorrow.

Same thing happened to me and I learned my lesson. I will wait until it is working reliably before I travel far from my home again with just the digital key.
Old 06-08-23, 04:28 PM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

I can’t even download my digital key. I get all the other info via remote connect. I have been fine using my key fob.
Old 06-08-23, 08:55 PM
GXWes
Pit Crew

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Need to get a Wallet Credit Card Key

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...l#post11494851
Old 06-09-23, 06:24 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 603 Likes on 423 Posts

I've been playing with my Dkey and found something interesting. To start with, I had found that I typically need to unlock the app for the digital key to work. Later on I had discovered I had my app settings to require authentication every 1 hour so I suppose that makes sense. I was having pretty good luck with it, as long as I open the app and unlock it would typically work. As a test, I changed the settings on my app to leave me logged in all the time, thinking maybe this would make it easier to use. But no, after I did this the next time I went to use it the digital key had stopped working and would not even appear inside the app. Nothing where it would normally show up. I could get into the app just fine without having to unlock/signin but no digital key. When I turned this "stay signed in" setting off, forcing me to unlock manually, the digital key started to re-appear in the app.

I'm wondering if the Dkey requires the unlock process even if the app stays signed in and accessible. And then, I guess it depends the authentication interval how long it works without user intervention.

Old 06-09-23, 08:55 AM
oregonkat
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

I would definitely use the digital key IF it were reliable, but why offer it at all when it is not? Dealers all suggest carrying a spare. So I don't understand the purpose of the digital key at all, including the extra charge you pay! Keys are pretty crucial to availability of your car and your personal vulnerability. It's like jumping out of a plane, and they hand you a parachute. But hey, you better take a second one because sometimes the first one doesn't work.

Quick Reply: Digital Key