NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

If your profile doesnt recognize you when you get in, do you have your keycard

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-22, 11:27 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts
Default If your profile doesnt recognize you when you get in, do you have your keycard

on you?

I did for a while and the profile would always load as "guest," turns out the keycard was interfering.

Once I removed the key card from my wallet and left it in the house, problem solved.
Old 05-30-22, 01:09 PM
Kusala
Pit Crew

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

I only ever use the key card and don't have any problems, but I only carry the key card. Are you carrying the FOB and the key guard?
Old 05-30-22, 01:44 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kusala
I only ever use the key card and don't have any problems, but I only carry the key card. Are you carrying the FOB and the key guard?
Yes, using both, never thought of using only the key card I haven’t even looked at it closely to see how you would lock and unlock the doors with it and what not.

for me the idea was to have both in case you lost one while you were out and about.

I can see the thing to slide out to replace the battery I assume, I of course cant get it to slide and the manual doesnt go into that on the page that I found. I assume you just press and pull. I will eventually figure it out.

Last edited by LiBeRtAs; 05-30-22 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-30-22, 02:30 PM
Kusala
Pit Crew

I have only configured my digital key (which I never use and probably never will) and the key card. So far, the key card has worked flawlessly. I just put my thumb on the door handle to lock the vehicle, and it locks...I have also configured the door mirrors to fold when I do this as a visual cue that the car is locked. I place my hand on the door handle to unlock the car, and it opens. I'm struggling to see any advantage to using the digital key.

I've encountered only one issue: when my wife had her FOB, she got into the passenger seat before me. The NX picked up her profile as the driver.
Old 05-30-22, 02:47 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

I have only configured my digital key (which I never use and probably never will) and the key card. So far, the key card has worked flawlessly. I just put my thumb on the door handle to lock the vehicle, and it locks...I have also configured the door mirrors to fold when I do this as a visual cue that the car is locked. I place my hand on the door handle to unlock the car, and it opens. I'm struggling to see any advantage to using the digital key.

I've encountered only one issue: when my wife had her FOB, she got into the passenger seat before me. The NX picked up her profile as the driver.
Yeah, I guess in my mind the point was to have two keys on you at all times in case one got lost.

The key card has no unlock or lock feature unless you touch the door, right? So as long as you have the app on your phone to remotely lock the door because you forgot to, I guess you dont need the fob, although the fob only works within 100 feet or whatever. I also like having the emergency feature of the fob for big parking lots, to find my car.
Old 05-30-22, 03:37 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 242 Likes on 175 Posts

I take it this keycard only comes with the luxury package, or something?
Old 05-30-22, 04:00 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by Randyp1234
Probably. I only got it because I took the first one available and my dealer charged me MSRP.
Old 05-30-22, 05:25 PM
twalls
Driver

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Randyp1234
My wife has the FSport but some luxury features, and hers comes w/ a keycard.. You can also get it if you elect to pay for it on top of any package..

I have a keycard with my IS as well... That's probably what's going on.. She has her fob, and I have my keycard on me at all times.. It registers her as guest profile in her car... Thanks for this info..
Old 05-30-22, 05:50 PM
Kusala
Pit Crew

The packages in Canada are different than in the US. There is a base NX 450h along with Executive and Sport packages that come fully loaded...so I guess it comes with the Executive and FSport?

@LiBeRtAs the app has the ability to find the car.
Old 05-30-22, 05:58 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

The packages in Canada are different than in the US. There is a base NX 450h along with Executive and Sport packages that come fully loaded...so I guess it comes with the Executive and FSport?

@LiBeRtAs the app has the ability to find the car.
App shows the last place it was parked , it doesn’t show it in real time that I know of I wish it did. If you know something I don’t please tell me.
Old 05-31-22, 06:59 AM
Kusala
Pit Crew

I understood your comment as to being able to locate your car in a large parking lot. If you want a panic button I don't see that available in the app (at least in Canada) the closest option is the horn.
Old 05-31-22, 07:31 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

I understood your comment as to being able to locate your car in a large parking lot. If you want a panic button I don't see that available in the app (at least in Canada) the closest option is the horn.
I was talking about comparing the fob to the key card, there are no buttons on the key card, if you want to push the horn or emergency button on the fob you can but if you don’t have the fob the key card does not have that option that I know of.
Old 06-01-22, 06:20 AM
patvurox
7th Gear

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LiBeRtAs
The key card has no unlock or lock feature unless you touch the door, right? So as long as you have the app on your phone to remotely lock the door because you forgot to, I guess you dont need the fob, although the fob only works within 100 feet or whatever. I also like having the emergency feature of the fob for big parking lots, to find my car.
The Lexus App also sets up Siri Shortcuts as well so you can either set up quick access widgets or even easier, just say "Hey Siri, lock my Lexus."

Last edited by patvurox; 06-01-22 at 06:23 AM.
Old 06-01-22, 06:28 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by patvurox
The Lexus App also sets up Siri Shortcuts as well so you can either set up quick access widgets or even easier, just say "Hey Siri, lock my Lexus."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhtcuP-9c1g&t=178s
Yes. I already have these but it’s a good thing to remind people about.
Old 06-02-22, 10:14 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Do you have only your keycard linked to your profile? I would like to have BOTH a key fob and my keycard linked to the same profile, dont know if you can do that or how.