Old 07-24-22, 06:30 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 629 Likes on 416 Posts
Lightbulb Key Card is a package

The Key Car is part of a "package" that can be purchased on any model NX

The package is called :

LEXUS DIGITAL KEY,* SMARTACCESS* CARD KEY, AND WIRELESS CHARGER*

It costs $450 on all NX models when purchased with the initial car buy. It is not clear whether or not this package or elements of the package can be added separately to the NX as an after purchase

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 07-24-22, 08:51 AM
ctripps2k
Pit Crew

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by midcow3

The package is called :

It costs $450 on all NX models when purchased with the initial car buy. It is not clear whether or not this package or elements of the package can be added separately to the NX as an after purchase

YMMV,
MidCow3
digital key = worthless
smart access card key = a battery a month
wireless charger = worthless

I sent a letter to the CEO asking for a refund on this package and have not received a response.
Old 07-24-22, 09:33 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 238 Likes on 172 Posts

The package is called :

YMMV,
MidCow3
Thanks - I figured it was part of a package we didn't get.
Old 07-24-22, 09:46 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 629 Likes on 416 Posts
Exclamation Technology solution when there wasn't a problem.

Originally Posted by ctripps2k
digital key = worthless
smart access card key = a battery a month
wireless charger = worthless

I sent a letter to the CEO asking for a refund on this package and have not received a response.
@ctripps2k Interesting take on this package.

It seemed Lexus added this package without thorough testing it, especially the iterative testing with the key fob, door memory and phone smart apps. This has been a problem with NX users since day one and some of the issues but not all were corrected with a software upgrade a couple of months ago.

Your opinions:
(1) digital key worthless - depends on what other access methods/memory functions/apps you are trying to activate at the same time. When you try to make every possible option active at once the Lexus systems don't know what to do and they get confused. Poor Lexus programming and integration testing. Keep it simple and it will work.

(2) smart access card key = a battery a month ... you might have an issue with your particular key and should talk to your dealer about replacement.

(3) wireless charger worthless - works fine if you don't use a case. some problems with IPhone13 not sure it is worthless just doesn't universally work with all phones, especially those that are in protective cases.

I seriously doubt you will get a response to your CEO letter. If it helped you to alleviate your frustration great, it will save you a visit or two to your psychologist

Peace and goodwill

YMMV,
MidCow3

P.S. - This package is included in my "loaded" NX but I probably will not use most of the features. This is a prime example of the millennials and letter generations misusing technology to solve a problem that did not exist.

The following users liked this post:
Randyp1234 (07-24-22)
Old 07-24-22, 10:00 AM
ctripps2k
Pit Crew

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

@ctripps2k Interesting take on this package.

It seemed Lexus added this package without thorough testing it, especially the iterative testing with the key fob, door memory and phone smart apps. This has been a problem with NX users since day one and some of the issues but not all were corrected with a software upgrade a couple of months ago.

Your opinions:
(1) digital key worthless - depends on what other access methods/memory functions/apps you are trying to activate at the same time. When you try to make every possible option active at once the Lexus systems don't know what to do and they get confused. Poor Lexus programming and integration testing. Keep it simple and it will work.

(2) smart access card key = a battery a month ... you might have an issue with your particular key and should talk to your dealer about replacement.

(3) wireless charger worthless - works fine if you don't use a case. some problems with IPhone13 not sure it is worthless just doesn't universally work with all phones, especially those that are in protective cases.

I seriously doubt you will get a response to your CEO letter. If it helped you to alleviate your frustration great, it will save you a visit or two to your psychologist

Peace and goodwill

YMMV,
MidCow3

P.S. - This package is included in my "loaded" NX but I probably will not use most of the features. This is a prime example of the millennials and letter generations misusing technology to solve a problem that did not exist.

1. it is unreliable, cannot be used in areas with weak cell coverage and a drain on the cell battery.

2. contacted dealer concerning this a they handed me some batteries and basically said go away.

3. Yes, i have a iPhone 13pro. A good percentage of the population does. And who uses a phone without a case? I have 3 Qi chargers at home that work without issues.

lexus has chose to go there own way on this, limited to no testing, and is purposely choosing to not listen to their customers. I thought buying a Lexus would be a better experience than this.
Old 07-24-22, 06:50 PM
Lead Lap

Received 790 Likes on 536 Posts

Yes you can program your own key card. No different to any other key card on any other Lexuses.
Old 07-25-22, 09:00 AM
Kusala
Pit Crew

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts

Sorry about having to experience those issues!

I'm not experiencing any issues with my key card...it works flawlessly as does the Qi charger. As for the digital key I've not tried.

Hope they get resolved for you.

Originally Posted by ctripps2k
1. it is unreliable, cannot be used in areas with weak cell coverage and a drain on the cell battery.

2. contacted dealer concerning this a they handed me some batteries and basically said go away.

3. Yes, i have a iPhone 13pro. A good percentage of the population does. And who uses a phone without a case? I have 3 Qi chargers at home that work without issues.

lexus has chose to go there own way on this, limited to no testing, and is purposely choosing to not listen to their customers. I thought buying a Lexus would be a better experience than this.