NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

iPhone suddenly won’t connect

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-22 | 04:02 PM
NXRx
Rookie

Default iPhone suddenly won’t connect

So I’ve had the NX for 1200 glorious miles now and my iphone would connect with CarPlay every time I hopped in. Yesterday (and today) it will no longer connect to CarPlay wirelessly. It still connects via usb but I can’t figure out why it stopped so suddenly for wireless. I tried rebooting the phone and system at the same time, then hit forget on both the phone and system and re-paired them and still no dice.

Any ideas or has anyone else had this problem? I tried updating my phone to 15.5 today and it still won’t connect. 🤷‍♂️
Old 06-04-22 | 05:55 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by NXRx
So I’ve had the NX for 1200 glorious miles now and my iphone would connect with CarPlay every time I hopped in. Yesterday (and today) it will no longer connect to CarPlay wirelessly. It still connects via usb but I can’t figure out why it stopped so suddenly for wireless. I tried rebooting the phone and system at the same time, then hit forget on both the phone and system and re-paired them and still no dice.

Any ideas or has anyone else had this problem? I tried updating my phone to 15.5 today and it still won’t connect. 🤷‍♂️
I dont have this problem but it sucks.

Definitely take to dealer and have them deal with it and let us know WHAT happened because it WILL happen to some of us, eventually.
Old 06-04-22 | 06:02 PM
raviola4
Pit Crew

Having same issue. Was working for 3 days. Today. Nope. Not sure how to start from scratch. Not tech savvy.
Old 06-04-22 | 06:15 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by raviola4
Having same issue. Was working for 3 days. Today. Nope. Not sure how to start from scratch. Not tech savvy.
First thing is go to settings on your iPhone, then go to Wi-Fi, where you see the green button meaning that is on turn it off for a few seconds turn it back on and then enter the car and start from scratch by just turning on the power to the car and see if it will connect. This is assuming you’ve already confirmed that your CarPlay is turned on in the phone which it must be because it was working before. If it doesn’t work after doing that, there is a reset button process for the screen in your car, I believe you hold the power button which is in the center bottom of the screen like a volume button, in fact it is also volume button I believe, if you hold that down for 10 seconds it will reboot the system but you will not have to reset anything.

I would turn the car off for a couple of minutes after you’ve done the screen reset and then start again by turning on the power to the car and see if it will connect. If you want to confirm that your CarPlay is turned on in the phone, go to your settings app of your iPhone, then to “general“, then to CarPlay, then pick the vehicle it’s connected to and the next screen it should be turned on with the green button.
Old 06-04-22 | 06:40 PM
NXRx
Rookie

Originally Posted by LiBeRtAs
First thing is go to settings on your iPhone, then go to Wi-Fi, where you see the green button meaning that is on turn it off for a few seconds turn it back on and then enter the car and start from scratch by just turning on the power to the car and see if it will connect. This is assuming you’ve already confirmed that your CarPlay is turned on in the phone which it must be because it was working before. If it doesn’t work after doing that, there is a reset button process for the screen in your car, I believe you hold the power button which is in the center bottom of the screen like a volume button, in fact it is also volume button I believe, if you hold that down for 10 seconds it will reboot the system but you will not have to reset anything.

I would turn the car off for a couple of minutes after you’ve done the screen reset and then start again by turning on the power to the car and see if it will connect. If you want to confirm that your CarPlay is turned on in the phone, go to your settings app of your iPhone, then to “general“, then to CarPlay, then pick the vehicle it’s connected to and the next screen it should be turned on with the green button.
Tried all of this the day I posted and nothing. Just says there was an error connecting so I’ve been using a cable. Thinking about completely unpairing both and starting from scratch.
Old 06-04-22 | 06:47 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by NXRx
Tried all of this the day I posted and nothing. Just says there was an error connecting so I’ve been using a cable. Thinking about completely unpairing both and starting from scratch.
Definitely unpair them and then pair them again.

By both you mean your phone and another phone are both connected but neither will do the wireless CarPlay?
Old 06-05-22 | 07:42 AM
SPeters347
10th Gear

I too am have the same problem with my 2022 NX350h. I keep getting message wireless connection failed . I tried to unpair and pair again, but still having issues. I sent my Lexus dealer, which is 70 miles away for me, an email expressing my disappointment. The infotainment center was a big selling point for me. Hopefully there is an easy fix or software update.
Old 06-05-22 | 09:51 AM
NXRx
Rookie

Originally Posted by LiBeRtAs
Definitely unpair them and then pair them again.

By both you mean your phone and another phone are both connected but neither will do the wireless CarPlay?
I meant that I had my iPhone forget the Lexus and I also had the Lexus infotainment forget my iPhone. Afterwards I tried repairing them and it still didn’t work.
Old 06-05-22 | 09:55 AM
NXRx
Rookie

Originally Posted by SPeters347
I too am have the same problem with my 2022 NX350h. I keep getting message wireless connection failed . I tried to unpair and pair again, but still having issues. I sent my Lexus dealer, which is 70 miles away for me, an email expressing my disappointment. The infotainment center was a big selling point for me. Hopefully there is an easy fix or software update.
Did it work properly until a few days/week ago and then stop working? Makes me wonder if maybe Lexus sent out an OTA update (I assume they can send over the air updates) and it messed up some infotainment systems?
Old 06-05-22 | 10:11 AM
SPeters347
10th Gear

Got a software update this morning June 5, 2022 for multimedia. After updating most problems resolved. Still have to use Siri to make hands free calls. Incoming calls appear on display and can be answered. If your not familiar scroll down to software updates and click on it. Need to be near wifi to upload the update.
Old 06-05-22 | 11:40 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by SPeters347
Got a software update this morning June 5, 2022 for multimedia. After updating most problems resolved. Still have to use Siri to make hands free calls. Incoming calls appear on display and can be answered. If your not familiar scroll down to software updates and click on it. Need to be near wifi to upload the update.
I have to use Siri to make hands-free call also.

Software update is in settings somewhere as you say, don’t remember exactly where but should be easy to find.
Old 06-05-22 | 01:09 PM
SPeters347
10th Gear

I have to use Siri too to make calls. I thought the software update solved the problem, but no. After updating and checking to see that everything worked I turned the NX off and went into the house. came out later to run an errand same problem again. Keep getting the message "Wireless connection failed." Sent an email to my dealerships techs expressing my displeasure. Hope to hear from them Monday morning. Some of the threads I'm reading on this forum makes it look like Lexus has a lot of bugs to iron out. All this tech stuff is great if it works.
Old 06-05-22 | 03:42 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

My iPhone 11 connects just fine, but I will be tempting fate. I need to get a 5G phone so I’m going to get an iPhone 13, I have hesitated up till now because I have Verizon and no signal where I live and I have to use LTE extender that I bought from them for $300, because Wi-Fi calling doesn’t seem to work all the time. I don’t know if the 5G phone will connect to my extender which is designed for LTE and not 5G.

Now with this connection issue people are having I’m hoping that it will connect to my car, also.
Old 06-06-22 | 01:55 PM
T24A
Rookie

mine started to do that, all i had to do was press and hold the volume button to reset the cache... ez pz.
Old 06-09-22 | 09:32 AM
NXRx
Rookie

Originally Posted by T24A
mine started to do that, all i had to do was press and hold the volume button to reset the cache... ez pz.
Tried that and no luck. Guess I’ll have to run by the dealership in the near future.

Quick Reply: iPhone suddenly won’t connect