NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

“Enable Audio” How to Fix?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-22, 02:37 PM
dariantex
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default “Enable Audio” How to Fix?

About half the time I get in the car, my music doesn’t start automatically when I try to play via carp play. I have to go back to the Lexus homepage to click “Enable Audio” on the media button.
Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
Old 06-07-22, 03:18 PM
timdakao
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dariantex
About half the time I get in the car, my music doesn’t start automatically when I try to play via carp play. I have to go back to the Lexus homepage to click “Enable Audio” on the media button.
Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
Are you using wireless or usb CarPlay? I use wireless and my music on Spotify starts playing automatically without me touching anything on the car or my phone.
Old 06-15-22, 04:43 AM
dariantex
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually use wireless CarPlay, and that is when I have this issue.

Originally Posted by timdakao
Are you using wireless or usb CarPlay? I use wireless and my music on Spotify starts playing automatically without me touching anything on the car or my phone.
Old 06-15-22, 05:40 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

I listen to SiriusXM as opposed to music through my phone, but I was frustrated by this for a while as well. Eventually I realized that 'Enable Audio' just means the audio system was turned off, and that I would have to turn it on again in order to get music. I would receive this message on startup if the audio was off when I turned off the car the last time I used it.

In my case the 'solution' was to leave the radio on when I turned off the car, and the music would play automatically the next time I started up. Or just leave the display on any screen other than music when shutting down, and I wouldn't see the 'Enable Audio' request the next time I start up.

EDIT: Also, instead of navigating back to the Lexus home screen to enable audio, you can just press the power button centered under the display.

Last edited by Dorsai; 06-15-22 at 07:23 AM.
Old 06-28-22, 09:46 AM
DenverRx
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 61 Posts

I had the same issue with my NX. I solved it by disabling "Start Music Automatically" in Android Auto app on my phone. After ~30sec after stating the car, the radio would turn off & iHeart app (from AA) would turn on.
The following users liked this post:
Necro (05-16-24)