NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Heads up display now showing navigation information, didn’t used to

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-24, 10:43 AM
RStead
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the HUD will work with Lexus Nav and Apple Maps/Car Play using my iPhone why can’t Lexus enable Google Maps on CarPlay??? I prefer to use Google Maps and I like using the HUD so it would be nice if Lexus would PLEASE ENABLE GOOGLE MAPS in CarPlay.
Old 03-30-24, 10:46 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by RStead
If the HUD will work with Lexus Nav and Apple Maps/Car Play using my iPhone why can’t Lexus enable Google Maps on CarPlay??? I prefer to use Google Maps and I like using the HUD so it would be nice if Lexus would PLEASE ENABLE GOOGLE MAPS in CarPlay.
I have Google maps in CarPlay I don’t remember where that is in the phone but I have it.

settings

general

carplay

pick the vehicle this applies to if you have more than one

CUSTOMIZE - this is where you can add and delete apps to the screen and arrange where they show up
Old 03-30-24, 11:00 AM
RStead
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LiBeRtAs, I do not think you understand my issue. I use Google Maps on the 14” Touch Screen all the time— no problem. But the turn by turn directions do not appear on the Head Up Display (HUD). They do appear when I use Apple Maps in Car Play or the Lexus Nav App. In my experience neither of these nav apps are as reliable as Google Maps, particularly the Lexus Nav app. So I am imploring Lexus to enable Google Maps on the HUD.
Old 03-30-24, 11:10 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by RStead
LiBeRtAs, I do not think you understand my issue. I use Google Maps on the 14” Touch Screen all the time— no problem. But the turn by turn directions do not appear on the Head Up Display (HUD). They do appear when I use Apple Maps in Car Play or the Lexus Nav App. In my experience neither of these nav apps are as reliable as Google Maps, particularly the Lexus Nav app. So I am imploring Lexus to enable Google Maps on the HUD.
Oh yes you are right I was not thinking that, I had no idea Apple Maps would work in the HUD display which I also have I will check that out thanks.

How do I do that exactly, how do I change from Lexus navigation to Apple maps navigation in the HUD display?

I assume I have to do what I was telling you to do in the phone itself to make sure Apple Maps is included in the CarPlay customize section? Then what?

figured it out using it now thanks

Last edited by LiBeRtAs; 03-30-24 at 03:09 PM.