NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Heads up display now showing navigation information, didn’t used to

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-22 | 03:17 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Default Heads up display now showing navigation information, didn’t used to

Until a couple of days ago when I used my heads up display it would show the adaptive cruise control information etc, I use full mode and if I was using navigation at the same time nothing from the navigation would show up on the heads up display, but now it is showing up on the heads up display and I don’t know if this is an update to the software or if I have changed something, but I prefer that the navigation information stay on the map on the 14 inch screen and not be on heads up display.

I thought I really understood this system until this happened.
Old 06-13-22 | 03:38 PM
lsft
Racer

Mine has always been like this...
The following users liked this post:
Kusala (06-13-22)
Old 06-13-22 | 03:49 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by lsft

Mine has always been like this...
By the way I highly recommend our friend here, lsft, YouTube channel he does great work with explaining a lot of this stuff. As we spoke to each other the other day about this, until a couple of days ago my heads up display did not show any navigation information. When it started happening to me I thought can I decide which type of information shows up on the HUD? You can decide how much information you want as in minimal, normal or full but it’s not changing the category of information that you get. I assumed I must have hit a button that allowed navigation to start showing up in the HUD but I don’t think so because I can’t find such a setting.

You can change the information that shows up on the instrument panel of course, but the information that shows up in the windshield on the heads up display is always the same information or always was for me until now.

Yes, that is now what my heads up display looks like when navigation is active.

lsft (06-13-22)
Old 06-13-22 | 09:40 PM
FSportTeam
10th Gear

I believe it works if you use the lexus nav app, apple maps, but if you use google maps/waze it does not work.
adb04 (06-13-22)
Old 06-14-22 | 06:44 AM
Nx350fspt
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by FSportTeam
I believe it works if you use the lexus nav app, apple maps, but if you use google maps/waze it does not work.
Wrong.

It does work on the HUD with Google maps and Android play.
Kusala (06-14-22)
Old 06-14-22 | 07:10 AM
FSportTeam
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Nx350fspt
Wrong.

well it does not work for me, because I am using iOS and google maps does not have the same integration as apple maps in the head up display.
Old 06-14-22 | 07:31 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

I use HUD every day and I use Lexus navigation often, until a couple of days ago the navigation turn information did not show up in the HUD, not once.

I assumed that this was something you could adjust in settings which is why I started the thread, since it didn’t happen for so many weeks, but evidently not and I appreciate everyone’s input.
Old 06-14-22 | 08:04 AM
wattyb2
Driver

Same for me.

To OP: not sure if the HUD display settings would help this. I believe you have three options with "full," "normal," and "minimal" as choices (or something to that effect). Perhaps you changed this setting and it added the mapping info? Only thing I can think of based on what I know now about the options on the vehicle.
Old 06-14-22 | 08:12 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by wattyb2
Same for me.

To OP: not sure if the HUD display settings would help this. I believe you have three options with "full," "normal," and "minimal" as choices (or something to that effect). Perhaps you changed this setting and it added the mapping info? Only thing I can think of based on what I know now about the options on the vehicle.
Thanks . No, I’ve had it on full the entire time.

When it shows up on the heads up display, it will go back to the adaptive cruise control information if I make an adjustment to the adaptive cruise, otherwise it stays on the map or directions I guess, and I have questioned myself now because this doesn’t seem possible but I am 100% sure that it did not happen the other 75 times that I used both, ha ha.

Old 06-14-22 | 08:14 AM
wattyb2
Driver

Interesting; let us know if you figure it out! I quite like the directions, but my wife isn't a fan.
Old 06-14-22 | 08:28 AM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by wattyb2
Interesting; let us know if you figure it out! I quite like the directions, but my wife isn't a fan.
It makes sense, to show the upcoming turn information, but I am so used to seeing the adaptive cruise settings that it threw me, I will probably come to like it.
Old 06-15-22 | 04:05 AM
SenorValas
Driver

Originally Posted by Nx350fspt
Wrong.

I would agree with @FSportTeam - I don't get the turn-by-turn directions displayed in the HUD of my NX350h when using Google Maps (via wired Android Auto). I wish it did this so would be happy to find out how it can be done.

Last edited by SenorValas; 06-15-22 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-15-22 | 07:04 AM
CaptAngry
Pit Crew

I'm in the same boat.... using iOS/Carplay... Google Maps and Waze do not show up on the HUD. Apple Maps and built-in Lexus nav does. I'm hoping a software update in the (near) future fixes this!
Old 06-15-22 | 05:03 PM
timdakao
Driver

Originally Posted by CaptAngry
I'm in the same boat.... using iOS/Carplay... Google Maps and Waze do not show up on the HUD. Apple Maps and built-in Lexus nav does. I'm hoping a software update in the (near) future fixes this!
This isn't the first time Apple has excluded apps not made by Apple from functionality to try to force people to use the Apple apps. I feel like this is probably more to do with Apple than it is with Lexus so unless Apple changes their operating philosophy I don't foresee the turn by turn for anything other than Lexus's nav or Apple Maps through car play added to the HUD
barnfry (03-06-24)
Old 06-16-22 | 09:58 AM
CaptAngry
Pit Crew

While Apple does sometimes seem reluctant to enable features for other apps, they have been more careful lately with all the hate they (and other giant-tech) are getting from Congress. I remember when Carplay didn't allow any other music or navigation apps. But now we have several choices. I think this "issue" is more of an interface-coding type of thing, and eventually we will see Google Maps and Waze on the HUD

Quick Reply: Heads up display now showing navigation information, didn’t used to