NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Piano Black trim covers

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-22 | 07:06 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SenorValas
Pleased to hear that you will be picking up your NX very soon - I think you will find it is well worth the wait.

Personally, I would hold fire on getting anything to cover the piano black trim around the shifter and the cup holders until you get the car and see what its like in reality.

Just my opinion but I don't find that the trim is a fingerprint or dust magnet at all. It's not an area that should come into contact with your fingers very much (unless you are clumsy in grabbing the shifter) and it doesn't get that dusty. I find that giving the area a quick wipe with a clean, soft, microfiber cloth once a week or so is sufficient to keep it looking like new (and I am pretty OCD when it comes to marks on the exterior and interior of my cars).

Just my opinion - other owners may think differently.
Thank you thank you!

Yes - it seems like it! The only distracting part is really the instrument cluster! I will look at some trim for it, probably haha!
Old 06-24-22 | 07:38 AM
wattyb2
Driver

Originally Posted by SenorValas
Just my opinion but I don't find that the trim is a fingerprint or dust magnet at all. It's not an area that should come into contact with your fingers very much (unless you are clumsy in grabbing the shifter) and it doesn't get that dusty. I find that giving the area a quick wipe with a clean, soft, microfiber cloth once a week or so is sufficient to keep it looking like new (and I am pretty OCD when it comes to marks on the exterior and interior of my cars).

Just my opinion - other owners may think differently.
Two cents here; my experience is that these pieces are dust magnets and consistently look dirty. Wish they'd have done wood around the shifter as they did on the door panels, at least for the Luxury trims.

I imagine it has something to do with your location, how much pollen and things are in the air, and what the humidity is like.
Old 06-24-22 | 11:29 AM
450hPlus
Rookie

These do not look good in my opinion. Makes the car look cheap in my opinion