Issues with bluetooth, Samsung S22 Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-22, 09:58 PM
SCS
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Issues with bluetooth, Samsung S22 Ultra

Hi all,
I have a 2022 NX 350. I got my NX in February and there were software glitches with it. One of them is that the car will rename my Samsung S22 Ultra to Passive. Then when it names it passive it doesn't have my contact information and basically, I can't use the phone at all. The dealer looked at it and at first, they were stumped but apparently, there were other users having the same issue along with their profiles not being loaded, which mine did too from time to time. They issued a software update and supposedly it addressed these issues and for a while the car has been great, but now starting yesterday it is renaming my phone again to Passive and not loading my information. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, were you able to fix it? If not I guess I go back to dealer and see what they can come up with.
Old 06-29-22, 11:15 AM
Mrnovanova
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SCS
Hi all,
I have a 2022 NX 350. I got my NX in February and there were software glitches with it. One of them is that the car will rename my Samsung S22 Ultra to Passive. Then when it names it passive it doesn't have my contact information and basically, I can't use the phone at all. The dealer looked at it and at first, they were stumped but apparently, there were other users having the same issue along with their profiles not being loaded, which mine did too from time to time. They issued a software update and supposedly it addressed these issues and for a while the car has been great, but now starting yesterday it is renaming my phone again to Passive and not loading my information. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, were you able to fix it? If not I guess I go back to dealer and see what they can come up with.
Is there a reason why you don't use Android Auto? That would take care of your issue.
Old 06-29-22, 11:50 AM
Lexisaam
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my case, when I keep my key in my pocket, the profile doesn't load 20% of the time. So I put the key in the cup holder and it works perfectly.
Old 06-29-22, 08:07 PM
SCS
10th Gear

It has nothing to do with using Android Auto or the Lexus Navigation. It has to do with my phone not being recognized as it should be and instead being renamed PASSIVE and not loading any of my contact info or anything. It's annoying. It will do it whether I'm using the Lexus Navi stuff or Android Auto.

Originally Posted by Mrnovanova
Is there a reason why you don't use Android Auto? That would take care of your issue.
Old 06-30-22, 07:47 AM
nitrolada
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by SCS
It has nothing to do with using Android Auto or the Lexus Navigation. It has to do with my phone not being recognized as it should be and instead being renamed PASSIVE and not loading any of my contact info or anything. It's annoying. It will do it whether I'm using the Lexus Navi stuff or Android Auto.
You tried removing your phone and adding it back? also delete the car from your phone's BT memory? if that doesn't work, i would also reset network connections on your phone as well (you'l lhave to repair all bt saved on your phone if you do this)

Old 06-30-22, 09:14 AM
SCS
10th Gear

I have removed and re-added the phone a few times. I even did it with the Lexus service guy in front of me and when I restarted the car, boom PASSIVE. So I did reset the network connections on the phone. So far it has been good. Hoping it is fixed now. Thanks for the help. :-)

Originally Posted by nitrolada
You tried removing your phone and adding it back? also delete the car from your phone's BT memory? if that doesn't work, i would also reset network connections on your phone as well (you'l lhave to repair all bt saved on your phone if you do this)
The following users liked this post:
UltraDad (06-30-22)
Old 03-30-23, 04:44 AM
sailormike
Rookie

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SCS
I have removed and re-added the phone a few times. I even did it with the Lexus service guy in front of me and when I restarted the car, boom PASSIVE. So I did reset the network connections on the phone. So far it has been good. Hoping it is fixed now. Thanks for the help. :-)
Just wondering if this fix has permanently solved your issue. I have a 2023 RX 350 with the similar multimedia system and am having the same "passive" issue with my S22 Ultra.
Old 03-30-23, 05:10 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,133 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by sailormike
Just wondering if this fix has permanently solved your issue. I have a 2023 RX 350 with the similar multimedia system and am having the same "passive" issue with my S22 Ultra.
Go into system apps and bluetooth and try clearing the cache.
Old 03-30-23, 06:51 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 573 Likes on 404 Posts

I get the "passive" notice with my phone too, but I've been assuming its indicating those functions have been transferred to Android Auto (the "Passive" text IIRC is always accompanied by the AA logo when I see it). I go into AA and I can do all my calls and messages there. My wife's phone is not set to use AA, and when she uses the system all her calls and messages come thru the Lexus interface instead. I may try some playing with the settings, like temporarily turning off AA when not needing it to see if the functions transfer back to the Lexus Interface.
Old 03-30-23, 08:45 AM
sailormike
Rookie

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Tried clearing Bluetooth cache as suggested, but there is an issue with android 13 where the Bluetooth clear cache and clear data are greyed out. I am hesitant to reset the network connections because that wipes out all Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and Mobile data settings.

The issue I have with the passive problem is that when I connect to other devices after being in the vehicle my phone name is announced and displayed as passive. When I look at my phone name Bluetooth/advanced settings/phone name the name is correct (not passive). If I edit the Bluetooth name by deleting a character and the re-adding the character and then saving, then the phone name is displayed and announced properly. But when I reconnect to the vehicle it changes back to passive. So, somehow the Bluetooth device name is getting changed in the android software. Quite annoying!
Old 04-03-23, 07:56 PM
harper7
Pit Crew

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

Lexus has a "Connected Technology Support" website that I learned a lot from as it seems overly complicated and I'm pretty tech savvy. I don't even think some dealerships know what's going on . That and there are some obvious bugs in the software. Here is the website. Only 2022 models are on there I believe but they use the same software on 2023's of course.
https://lexusconnectedtechnologysupport.com/lexus/home
There is some good,not great ,info on there with Android ,Carplay ,Profiles ,Digital keys and such.

The Lexus App uses bluetooth for the phone calls /messages and uses Wifi for Android Auto. Android Auto doesn't use bluetooth as Bluetooth cannot transmit enough data to support AA. That's why when you switch to Android it says " Passive" as to the Lexus App it is passive to AA and why a phone although the phone is named in the Lexus App S22Ultra or whatever and that is for the bluetooth connection.

Yesterday's problem. I couldn't turn off the Android Auto WIFI connect to phone. Needed to set up my FitCamX dash cam to the phone which also uses wifi and only 1 wifi can be connected to phone at a time. I would turn AA wifi off and set it to not auto connect. The lexus app would over ride me and reset wifi on my phone to AA to auto connect again within 5 seconds and kick my FitcamX wifi off.

After researching online the work around was to disable the Android auto app .After disabling Android Auto App ,the car wanted me to put in the password and touch key to the start button to start,which I need to do to turn the cameras on, until I enabled AA again. Then they said the password was wrong,which I know for a fact it wasn't and had to reset password. So I would have to go thru this every time I want to connect to the cameras now or pull the Micro SD card . My fix ,for now,is to delete the FitCamX App from my S22 Ultra phone and just use my old Note 10 phone to connect to FitCamX Wifi for the cameras.

Last edited by harper7; 04-03-23 at 08:58 PM.