NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Need help choosing.. 350 W/Premium or Reg F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-22 | 04:57 AM
ESan
2nd gear

Default Need help choosing.. 350 W/Premium or Reg F-Sport

Hi! I purchased an F-Sport back 3 weeks ago in which I end up taking back to service due to some misalignment issues that I pointed out. It became a big drama with service department, sales and corporate and got it the point that It was decided that they will change my vehicle for a different one as long as it’s in the same price range.

I currently have the 350 AWD Cloudburst W Red F-Sport.. I have read complains with the seat not feeling good and I was personally feeling some discomfort in the 3 weeks that I had driven it but had hope that maybe in couple months will get better ( not sure if it ever will ) and the obvious front end look along with the black trims and all the f sport includes on the outside

but

I like the extra features of the Premium package W/ 14 inch screen and red roja interior and figured having the 18 inch wheels might be a softer ride?

I have set in both and I can notice the difference in the seats.

however it was bearable the discomfort on the sitting in which sometimes I didn’t feel anything some times I do so it was able ti get sort of used to.

I see lots of 350h here but I was wondering if there is any non hybrids one that had to make same decision as me and pick which one and why. They are having me pick any of the two opinions but can’t make up my mind

Last edited by ESan; 07-15-22 at 05:03 AM.
Old 07-15-22 | 06:00 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

For me the determining factor was the seats...the extra bolstering in the F seat was uncomfortable for me. I'm not willing to gamble on the seat getting more comfortable with time, so that was enough for me to drop the F from consideration.

Every NX I've been in (two testers, plus the one I purchased) had 20" wheels, so I can't comment on the difference between those and the 18s. I will say that the ride on my tires is excellent. There is some road noise, but that's probably the run flats more than the tire diameter.

Finally, everyone who has looked at my car has said how much they like the cockpit layout, and how nice that big screen is. In my mind all of that empty black plastic around the 9.8" display really detracts from the appearance of the car. Both testers I drove had the smaller display, and that was enough for me to insist on the larger one.

The good news is, you probably can't go wrong with whichever option you go with.
Old 07-15-22 | 11:09 AM
jardlr
Driver

When my wife was signing the papers to order her 350 Premium turbo, they had an F-Sport turbo in the showroom. It was a bit more expensive, but she wouldn't have to wait. She liked the look of the F-Sport, but the smaller screen and lack of ventilated front seats made the F-Sport a non-option for her. Not sure if they are available with ventilated seats or just not on that particular unit.
Old 07-15-22 | 08:13 PM
jatwell
Pit Crew

ESan, The main differences are the F-sport has more side bolster on the seats and does not come in leather trim (I think), a differently tuned suspension, and trim differences. I can’t comment on screen options. You mention seat comfort a lot, so maybe let that be the deciding factor?
Old 07-15-22 | 11:01 PM
anoop
Intermediate

I’m not a fan of the F sport, so you have my answer.
Old 07-16-22 | 03:31 AM
geomike
Driver

I had a 2018 sport and now i went with the executive, honestly the look of the fsport is more aggressive, better esthetic. Even the bucket seats are better. But the options differ somehow, like the sport+ i never used it before. I preferred to get the kick door opener, the rear heated seats and the auto folding back seats.
Old 07-18-22 | 01:05 PM
lulu45
Rookie

If the seats are already uncomfortable for you it will not improve. Go with the Premium.
Old 07-18-22 | 04:42 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

How can one tell from a test drive or just sitting in the car at the showroom that the seats will be uncomfortable for you? I don’t think it’s possible to tell on a 15 min test drive.

What is it that’s uncomfortable on the F Sport seats? Too much side bolstering or not enough lower lumbar?