NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

5 Big Problems With the 2022 Lexus NX, According to Consumer Reports

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-22 | 07:51 PM
Lrlaz
Rookie

Default 5 Big Problems With the 2022 Lexus NX, According to Consumer Reports

Interesting. I've no issues with any of these top 5. My biggest grips have been with the Infotainment system. Other than that, I love my 450H+

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/big-problems-2022-lexus-nx-consumer-reports/

The following 2 users liked this post by Lrlaz:
compdr59 (08-08-22), Stevek13 (08-11-22)
Old 08-07-22 | 07:59 PM
midcow3
Racer

Lightbulb "Consumer Reports says" -- meh

Originally Posted by Lrlaz
Interesting. I've no issues with any of these top 5. My biggest grips have been with the Infotainment system. Other than that, I love my 450H+

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/big-pro...sumer-reports/
I agree with you no issues; I wish infotainment could have a split multiple screens. Consumer Reports does not have very good expertise in the automotive arena.

YMMV.
MidCow3
The following 2 users liked this post by midcow3:
corinvest (08-08-22), Lrlaz (08-07-22)
Old 08-07-22 | 09:33 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Default My NXh is fine!

I agree with you all. I've had my NX350h for just over 6 weeks now and I've had no issues with any of the things mentioned in that article.

Yes, the gear selector is funky, but it had the gentlest of learning curves. I wonder who the folks"mistakenly" putting it in drive or reverse are according to the article.

I don't find there's a whole lot of blind spots but the technology makes up for it. And anyway, if you know how to properly setup your side and rearview mirrors, blinds spots are pretty much non-existent.

The one thing many folks have found finicky isn't even mentioned, and that's the wireless charging, especially for iPhone 13 pro and up users who have a case on. Dinner Android users too experience the issue and that's the wireless charger losing contact occasionally. Sliding the tray in and out of sight tends to help a bit but it's by no means a deal breaker.

I love my NXh and will do it all over again in a heartbeat.
The following users liked this post:
Billst (09-13-23)
Old 08-08-22 | 02:25 AM
kreativ
Advanced

Originally Posted by LStoneX
The one thing many folks have found finicky isn't even mentioned, and that's the wireless charging, especially for iPhone 13 pro and up users who have a case on. Dinner Android users too experience the issue and that's the wireless charger losing contact occasionally. Sliding the tray in and out of sight tends to help a bit but it's by no means a deal breaker.
That's for sure. Both of our iPhone 13 Pro Max phones with cases which charge consistently on multiple other wireless chargers can't maintain a charge in the NX 350h. First I thought it was placement, but it always detects fine and then usually in a minute stops charging and the status light starts blinking orange.
Old 08-08-22 | 03:59 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Seems strange that Consumer Reports rates the NX350h higher than the NX350, BMW X3, Audi Q5, Volvo XC60 and the Infiniti QX50 with these five problems. The above comments that no owners here have these problems confirms not a problem or so little hard to notice. We both went to hybrids with the ES and the RX eight years ago. Would never ever get a strict gas model. For a few days we both noticed the breaks were different on the hybrids and got use to them in two days.
corinvest (08-08-22)
Old 08-08-22 | 08:42 AM
T24A
Rookie

Sometimes ill try and put the gear selector in Drive with out looking and notice that it I do it too quick it'll just go in neutral. Ill still take this type of gear lever over buttons or *****.

Only thing I'd have to add is the small gas tank size for non hybrids.
Old 08-08-22 | 09:27 AM
NTM
Driver School Candidate

my only issue is nav screen gets blank sometimes, day or night time and the memory seat it get lost somewhere.
Old 08-08-22 | 10:02 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

While none of the thigs they mentioned aren't something you eventually adjust to, they are things you notice when you first get it and wish weren't there.

Last edited by Randyp1234; 08-08-22 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-08-22 | 10:28 AM
Kusala
Pit Crew

The biggest problem with the Latest 2022 Lexus NX is supply.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kusala:
Lyndyn (08-11-22), sqze509 (08-14-22), zanewyn (08-08-22)
Old 08-08-22 | 11:24 AM
kagete
Rookie

Having no split screen for the base MMI is fine but I really want Android Auto turn by turn instructions to show up in the HUD! It's annoying how the dash shows it but not the HUD.
SenorValas (08-09-22)
Old 08-08-22 | 12:39 PM
CaptAngry
Pit Crew

I simply do not understand why it seems every single review of the NX complains about the door latches. I find them to be intuitive and have had zero issues with them (both interior and exterior). I feel like it is people complaining for the sake of complaining.

Visibility is similar to other vehicles in this class. The gear shift is a bit odd but has a 5-minute learning curve. Some of the braking is inherent to hybrid systems. For the longer stopping distance, these geniuses do know the hybrid weighs 400lbs more than the gas variant? That by itself with make for a slightly longer stopping distance.
The following 5 users liked this post by CaptAngry:
corinvest (08-08-22), Dkaplan (08-08-22), kupsnx (11-09-22), SenorValas (08-09-22), zanewyn (08-08-22)
Old 08-08-22 | 01:00 PM
raviola4
Pit Crew

I have the base NX350h. No regrets. All the posts about additional “stuff” people having problems with in higher end models not an
issue for me. Get 45 mpg on trips, 45-55 local driving. With a/c blasting away. Yes occasionally Apple Car Play doesn’t sync up.
Only real complaint and currently not too bad, is the run flat tires. Will keep for now, but eventually based on reviews, switch to all season tires. But gotta
find best tire repair option in case of a flat.
Consumers for me has always been a good source for making decisions on various appliances, electronics, and even cars etc. I remember early days when people complained they always gave high marks to Japanese autos above those from US companies. Well…..we all know why!
Old 08-08-22 | 02:50 PM
edstewbob
Rookie

We picked up our 350h on 12/17/21 and agree with their comment about the brakes. It's sometimes difficult to bring it to a silky smooth stop which my wife has become accustomed to. The brake peddle is too sensitive especially at slower speeds. They describe it as non-linear braking which I fully agree with. It's annoying as hell to me and I've never had a car like this before. Most of the time I can deal with but occasionally there is a slight jerk coming to a complete stop when I get the look and say it's not my fault it's the car! They also said this braking behavior is unique to the hybrid they tested which is even more weird.
Billst (09-13-23)
Old 08-08-22 | 02:55 PM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by CaptAngry
I simply do not understand why it seems every single review of the NX complains about the door latches. I find them to be intuitive and have had zero issues with them (both interior and exterior). I feel like it is people complaining for the sake of complaining.

Visibility is similar to other vehicles in this class. The gear shift is a bit odd but has a 5-minute learning curve. Some of the braking is inherent to hybrid systems. For the longer stopping distance, these geniuses do know the hybrid weighs 400lbs more than the gas variant? That by itself with make for a slightly longer stopping distance.
I know right....maybe the testers got tired with telling first time passengers on how to open the door.
Old 08-08-22 | 05:01 PM
buhdeh
Driver

The door levers aren’t a huge deal but Lexus should have reversed it. Like pull for the regular door open and press in for the emergency / manual door open. Doesn’t seem intuitive in the way it’s designed if you have passengers who have never used it.

Quick Reply: 5 Big Problems With the 2022 Lexus NX, According to Consumer Reports