NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Trim Question - Advanced Park vs Intuitive Park Assist

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-22, 11:04 AM
rlesher
2nd gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Trim Question - Advanced Park vs Intuitive Park Assist

On the 350h build page both Premium & Luxury Packages comes with "Intuitive Park Assist"

In the Packages there is an option for "Advanced Park"

Are these the same feature?

[FWIW, On the build page, I don't like how if you chose Luxury or Premium package it doesn't say automatically show an item such a power rear door as included, come on Lexus, if Ford can do it]

Good News, our dealer just gave us a build date of early September on our NX-350h...
Old 08-18-22, 12:25 AM
CdO
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Different

I am only a prospective owner; but, I have been reading through the manual... and you have no replies. As I understand it...

Intuitive Parking Assist helps you park by providing visibility and awareness through the sensors and cameras and the associated warnings (during which time other safety features may activate... e.g. Acceleration Suppression, etc.).

Advanced Park automatically parks (and unparks) either perpendicular (forward or back) or parallel. (Remote Parking is no longer a feature of Advanced Park.) Looks like you pull up beside a spot; press the Advanced Park button; choose how you want to park; press Start.

Can't say if it's worth it? Maybe, if you're really bad at parking? I don't know if it's painfully slow or if it's limited to near ideal conditions to work. Maybe someone else can comment?
Old 08-18-22, 04:05 AM
NiCoRe
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Advanced park is Toyota / Lexus solution for park assist in the VAG group...Having the park assist since its first iteration, I can tell you it has been improved (can known its latest iteration park parallel, perpendicular, diagonal, needs less space and can leave a parking spot). it is however slower than a good driver. Lexus adds the save the "parking spot" gimmick and for some markets remote parking (ie. parking the car with you outside using the key fob). More of a marketing trick (just like BMW auto-reverse feature)
Old 08-18-22, 09:49 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Received 139 Likes on 82 Posts

I have the Canadian Executive Trim NX 350h with the Advanced Park and Intuitive Park Assist, and here's what I have to say about it.
Intuitive Park Assist is more useful than I thought. Coupled with the 360 Surround View Monitor, it gives you indicators, both audiovisual as to the distance to objects. Objects as small as small poles or as big as vehicles are picked up, It's also more of a "3D" representation that adapts to the curvature of objects - so basically it will display distances that vary depending on how "small" the object is. There is an extension to this system that will prevent you from hitting objects, as it will automatically brake for you if you get too close.

Advanced Park is a gimmick. I can't find a good use for it to be honest. Firstly, it's very slow. I've honestly not see anyone park slower than this system. Secondly, it involves you driving by a parking spot, activating the system, selecting the spot, then waiting for the car to maneuver into it. The problem is that in many circumstances it feels unpredictable, especially if there are other cars behind you. It doesn't show turn signals, other drivers don't know what your intention is, and - as mentioned, it's VERY slow. I've used it 3 times, once as a test, and the other 2 times to show it to people. I can't see myself using this feature. Maybe while parallel parking - but 99% of spots that I go to are either not crowded for parallel parking, or are generic parking lots. In terms of speed - I can reverse in at least 5 times faster than the system.

Remote Park is unavailable in Canada, as it was removed due to a spec change. Not sure about the USA. But I don't see it being useful, as you can basically only pull out of spots, or reverse in, then get into the car. I've never found myself in a situation where I would need it, as I always have adequate space to get into my cars.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ihave1cat:
CdO (08-18-22), LStoneX (08-18-22)
Old 08-18-22, 06:37 PM
CdO
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Did you try to make it less slow?

Originally Posted by Ihave1cat
...Advanced Park is a gimmick... it's very slow....
Did you try changing the Advanced Park speed setting? Or other settings?

Pages 506-8 of the pdf I'm looking through says you can change the speed, default parking method, allowed distance from objects, road width, etc.
Old 08-18-22, 06:38 PM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Yes, sadly it’s still way too slow.
The following users liked this post:
CdO (08-18-22)
Old 08-22-22, 08:33 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

Received 171 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by CdO
I am only a prospective owner; but, I have been reading through the manual... and you have no replies. As I understand it...

Intuitive Parking Assist helps you park by providing visibility and awareness through the sensors and cameras and the associated warnings (during which time other safety features may activate... e.g. Acceleration Suppression, etc.).

Advanced Park automatically parks (and unparks) either perpendicular (forward or back) or parallel. (Remote Parking is no longer a feature of Advanced Park.) Looks like you pull up beside a spot; press the Advanced Park button; choose how you want to park; press Start.

Can't say if it's worth it? Maybe, if you're really bad at parking? I don't know if it's painfully slow or if it's limited to near ideal conditions to work. Maybe someone else can comment?
I can wholeheartedly recommend the Panoramic View Monitor if its an option.... I didn't think I wanted it, but our car came with it and now I can't live without it for parking. Multiple cameras provide you a 360 deg top down view of your car. I still appreciate the Intuitive Park sensors (warning) but really don't need them as much anymore. The Panoramic Monitor also comes with front cross traffic radar, which is often ignored (yes, I see the oncoming car, I know I'm starting to roll, but I'll just ease in there after them!) but it may someday save my butt.
Old 08-22-22, 08:36 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

Received 171 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by CdO

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Panoramic View Monitor if its an option for you. I didn't think I wanted it, but the car came with it and now I can't live without it for parking. Multiple cameras provide you a 360 deg top down view of your car. I still appreciate the Intuitive Park sensors (audible warning) but really don't need them as much anymore. The Panoramic Monitor also comes with front cross traffic radar, which is often ignored (yes, I see the oncoming car, I know I'm starting to roll, but I'll just ease in there after them!) but it may someday save my butt.
Old 08-22-22, 08:58 PM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ct6978
I can wholeheartedly recommend the Panoramic View Monitor if its an option for you. I didn't think I wanted it, but the car came with it and now I can't live without it for parking. Multiple cameras provide you a 360 deg top down view of your car. I still appreciate the Intuitive Park sensors (audible warning) but really don't need them as much anymore. The Panoramic Monitor also comes with front cross traffic radar, which is often ignored (yes, I see the oncoming car, I know I'm starting to roll, but I'll just ease in there after them!) but it may someday save my butt.
I second the recommendation. Aside from the 360 camera being really useful for tight cornering and overall maneuverability, it’s amazing for parking.
In Canada anyway, any trim that comes with it has some of the most amazing headlights I’ve ever seen. The 3-Beam headlights with matrix highbeams (not available in US) are superb.

in any case, if feels wrong not to have the 360 camera on this car.
The following users liked this post:
CdO (08-23-22)