NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Ventilation Mode: "Air flows to the feet" - does it still come from the front vents?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-22 | 10:02 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Default Ventilation Mode: "Air flows to the feet" - does it still come from the front vents?

This may seem like an odd question, so I'll start off with a bit of a diagram:

There are two "red" vents (the Front Side - as Lexus refers to them) and two "blue" (Front Center)

As well as three main modes (+ one more that does the windshield) that control the airflow.

The question I have is about "Air flows to the feet" option: In your cars, do the red (Front Side) vents also send air while that mode is selected?
It seems when I select the mode, all it does is turn off the blue (Front Center) vents and enable the vents to blow air to your feet. The red (Front Side) still blows air. This is radically different than any of the other cars I've had before. In every other car, that mode would ONLY blow air to the feet. nothing else.

Is my car just broken? Is it supposed to also blow air from the Front Side vents when the "Air flows to the feet" mode is selected? Is this an odd Lexus thing?

Thanks!
Old 08-26-22 | 11:09 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Default Noticed the same

Originally Posted by Ihave1cat
This may seem like an odd question, so I'll start off with a bit of a diagram:

There are two "red" vents (the Front Side - as Lexus refers to them) and two "blue" (Front Center)

As well as three main modes (+ one more that does the windshield) that control the airflow.

The question I have is about "Air flows to the feet" option: In your cars, do the red (Front Side) vents also send air while that mode is selected?
It seems when I select the mode, all it does is turn off the blue (Front Center) vents and enable the vents to blow air to your feet. The red (Front Side) still blows air. This is radically different than any of the other cars I've had before. In every other car, that mode would ONLY blow air to the feet. nothing else.

Is my car just broken? Is it supposed to also blow air from the Front Side vents when the "Air flows to the feet" mode is selected? Is this an odd Lexus thing?

Thanks!
I think I noticed the same previously but I didn't think much of it either.

Sure it seemed weird that the "feet" vents are blowing air to the face😜🤣. But it's a quirk I decided I wasn't going to worry too much about.
Old 08-26-22 | 01:21 PM
CdO
Pit Crew

Seems to be a normal Toyota thing.

Only they appreciate the magnitude of people with their foot in their mouth.
Old 08-26-22 | 08:36 PM
clmk
Driver

Mine does this too. I sometimes have problems with my feet getting cold but my head getting too hot.

My old car had a mode where it'd blow hot at the bottom and cooler on top, this car doesn't seem to do that.,
Old 08-29-22 | 09:20 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Spoke with my dealer - yes - this is normal.
My concern was that the servos that control airflow were not working.