NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

What's your best feature in your new 2022 NX

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-22 | 09:03 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by T24A
I grew to like the egress button to be honest, and I'm happy with the non heads up display steering wheel, since it hard codes the buttons with the lane keep assist that I use on my longer highway trips.
So true! Whenever I switch and drive the missus's minivan, I'm always reaching to press a button before I realized I need to pull a lever. All those reviews that commissioned about the handles are just petty🙄

Originally Posted by mbezzo
FINALLY some modern tech (Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto, no more ridiculous trackpad input thingy, MUCH improved powered rear hatch (anyone remember the earlier gens where they wouldn't latch if the vehicle wasn't on a flat and level surface...?) and for us THE single biggest selling point, a Lexus that has a PHEV system.

The ride/handling is a pleasant surprise - I'm used to "floaty and numb" in the SUV's and the NX (we have the F sport on the 20" wheels) is just great to drive. It's compliant, confident, and fun, yet smooth and pleasant for a 3 or 4 hour cross country drive. It really straddles that line of "sporty but not uncomfortable" that I think many vehicles really struggle with. And this is all when staying out of the Sport+ mode that stiffens things up. In that mode it's an absolute riot in the curves. With the weight of the battery so low and central, it blows my mind that I'm driving an SUV sometimes...
Death to the trackpad! Seriously! I refused to upgrade from my 2IS just for that reason.

And the driving dynamics and driving experience in my NX350h is just fantastic. It's never felt like it can't handle anything I've thrown at it. Advertising into the highway is so fast and yet smooth. Driving at 160km/h and it just wafts along😁

Originally Posted by genadi
In my new 450h … plug-in and ev driving mode, quite, smooth, no need to drive to gas station for a long time while in city driving of course… by far is the best feature
I'm still miffed that I couldn't get the plug-in. I just couldn't afford to wait that long to get it. Maybe if supply eases...🤔

Originally Posted by FastFord
Certainly not a best feature, but at least this one understands commands. My last Lexus didn't have a clue what I was asking. Told where to go many times...it didn't understand that either !!!
Until you get that annoying "no connection" message🤣
Old 08-30-22 | 06:28 AM
NoMoreEv
Driver

All the safety/driving aids like the radar cruise, LKA and etc works extremely well. I thought I would miss the auto pilot from the model 3 that traded it in. But the Lexus system is just as good, maybe even better than the Tesla as it never has any phantom braking. Gas mileage is not too shabby either.
Old 08-30-22 | 06:52 AM
midcow3
Racer

Talking ML rules in NX and yes even higher in LS500h

Originally Posted by lsft
No need to be sorry @MidCow3. I wish I had good ears to hear the difference... but enjoying ML on my LS500h is better than the NX.
Very nice car LS500h and yes even more up-level ML, But again I am sorry for those whose palate is not so dignified as to think Outback is great because they have been to Ruth Chris. The 450h+ is a great car but Lexus took away some main packages and features I felt I needed/wanted, mainly ML

YMMV,
MidCow3

P.S.= Another best feature: because of all the safety features and being a new car the insurance is relatively low.

Last edited by midcow3; 08-30-22 at 08:08 AM. Reason: correct spelling, change beast to best
Old 08-30-22 | 07:09 AM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by midcow3
Very nice car LS500h and yes even more up-level ML, But again I am sorry for those whose palate is not so dignified as to think Outback is great because they have been to Ruth Chris. The 450h+ is a great car but Lexus took away some main packages and features I felt I needed/wanted, mainly ML

YMMV,
MidCow3

P.S.= Another beast feature: because of all the safety features and being a new car the insurance is relatively low.
ML was a must-have for me. I had it in my IS-350 and ISF.
Old 08-30-22 | 08:32 AM
scooky
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Dkaplan
ML was a must-have for me. I had it in my IS-350 and ISF.
I do wish we had the ML. I really enjoyed it in my RC.
The non ML is not as good, but also plenty good enough. I'm not unhappy with it. And while I appreciate Ruths Chris etc. occasionally, I eat at Outback etc. far more often :-)
Given the unexpected opportunity, I'm glad we got the 450h+. I prefer it over the ML. Apparently can't have everything...
Old 08-30-22 | 09:15 AM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by scooky
I do wish we had the ML. I really enjoyed it in my RC.
The non ML is not as good, but also plenty good enough. I'm not unhappy with it. And while I appreciate Ruths Chris etc. occasionally, I eat at Outback etc. far more often :-)
Given the unexpected opportunity, I'm glad we got the 450h+. I prefer it over the ML. Apparently can't have everything...
I really wanted the 450h+ but it wasn't available in my area.
Old 08-30-22 | 10:18 AM
scooky
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Dkaplan
I really wanted the 450h+ but it wasn't available in my area.
Ditto. Not in our area. Very unexpected opportunity on a local trade-in.
The following users liked this post:
Dkaplan (08-30-22)
Old 08-30-22 | 06:49 PM
Susido
Driver

Two features that I've never had in a vehicle before have become my favourites - the HUD and Lane Tracing Assist.

I do have a question about the Lane Tracing assist implementation though - WTH is it possible to have it enabled in the non-adaptive cruise control mode (or I think without cruise control enabled entirely) but in these cases it does not do anything and the lane markers are always white and never green. I can envision the car happily steering itself into the ditch (if Lane Departure assist isn't enabled) while the driver thinks that LTA = ON in the HUD actually means it's going to help keep it in the lane??? Or perhaps this is specific to my vehicle as I've had a number of adaptive cruise control failures.

I got to experience a previous generation Lexus the other day in a 2021 ES350 loaner. Comfortable car but, wow, what a difference. Just one model year older but the primitive driver interface was like driving something at least a decade old!
Old 08-30-22 | 07:01 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Susido
Two features that I've never had in a vehicle before have become my favourites - the HUD and Lane Tracing Assist.

I do have a question about the Lane Tracing assist implementation though - WTH is it possible to have it enabled in the non-adaptive cruise control mode (or I think without cruise control enabled entirely) but in these cases it does not do anything and the lane markers are always white and never green. I can envision the car happily steering itself into the ditch (if Lane Departure assist isn't enabled) while the driver thinks that LTA = ON in the HUD actually means it's going to help keep it in the lane??? Or perhaps this is specific to my vehicle as I've had a number of adaptive cruise control failures.

I got to experience a previous generation Lexus the other day in a 2021 ES350 loaner. Comfortable car but, wow, what a difference. Just one model year older but the primitive driver interface was like driving something at least a decade old!
I've noticed the same things about LTA/LKA. Except cruise control is on, the lines aren't green. I have noticed a few times though, even when it's off, I've inadvertently crossed a line and the light flashes green and or does feel like the car is trying to correct its trajectory...

And yes, the technology difference between even 2021 models is night and day🤣 So glad a decided to wait a little longer for LSS3.0 and the new Lexus infotainment.
Old 08-30-22 | 09:29 PM
CdO
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Susido
...I do have a question about the Lane Tracing assist implementation though - WTH is it possible to have it enabled in the non-adaptive cruise control mode...
From the manual...

LTA:
This function is operable when...
  • The dynamic radar cruise control is operating.
  • Etc.
Old 08-30-22 | 10:34 PM
Susido
Driver

Originally Posted by CdO
From the manual...

LTA:
This function is operable when...
  • The dynamic radar cruise control is operating.
  • Etc.
At some point I'm going to have to finish reading the manual but my point is the LTA is always non-functional unless the vehicle is in adaptive cruise mode (in my experience anyway). Therefore what on earth is the point at being able to (apparently) enable the feature (LTA = ON) when in other modes?

Old 08-30-22 | 10:38 PM
Susido
Driver

Originally Posted by LStoneX
I've noticed the same things about LTA/LKA. Except cruise control is on, the lines aren't green. I have noticed a few times though, even when it's off, I've inadvertently crossed a line and the light flashes green and or does feel like the car is trying to correct its trajectory...

And yes, the technology difference between even 2021 models is night and day🤣 So glad a decided to wait a little longer for LSS3.0 and the new Lexus infotainment.
What you're experiencing when crossing a line marking is likely Lane Departure Alert doing it's thing (not LTA).
Old 08-31-22 | 12:40 AM
450hPlus
Rookie

1. Redline Color with Palomino interior
2, Mark Levinson's audio is phenomenal. and for those that have standard audio, like all 450h+ owners, I feel so sorry for you; you don't realize what you are missing

YMMV,
MidCow3
I've had both and I know exactly what I'm missing. I'm sorry your are stuck with the 350h
CdO (09-01-22)
Old 08-31-22 | 06:31 AM
nitrolada
Pit Crew

The electronic door handles/lock. It's so much more intuitive to use and not that regular doors were difficult in anyway, but like power windows, it's just better because it's electronic now and nice to have added safety of not opening door when there's bicycle/pedestrian coming up especially as I live in an urban area with lots of cyclists and etc

Also quite satisfied with the LTA and dynamic cruise control...
redhot47fl (08-31-22)
Old 08-31-22 | 06:50 AM
midcow3
Racer

Smile nice car your 450h+

1. Redline Color with Palomino interior
2, Mark Levinson's audio is phenomenal. and for those that have standard audio, like all 450h+ owners, I feel so sorry for you; you don't realize what you are missing

YMMV,
MidCow3
Originally Posted by 450hPlus
I've had both and I know exactly what I'm missing. I'm sorry your are stuck with the 350h
@450hPlus Nice car, your 450h+, enjoy I am okay with being stuck with only a 350h. I think both 350h and 450h+ are great cars!

YMMV,
MidCow3

Quick Reply: What's your best feature in your new 2022 NX