NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Adding a 2nd profile & 2 car fobs at once - How?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-22 | 03:07 PM
Tolwynd33
10th Gear

Question Adding a 2nd profile & 2 car fobs at once - How?

Hey everyone - Finally getting around to adding a second driver profile (my wife) to our 2022 NX 350h. I gotta say I'm stumped and can't seem to find any straightforward step by step instructions.

How do I simply add another profile to the vehicle? Nearly all the info I can find, including the manuals tell you how to select an additional profile but not how to set up another one alongside the primary one.

How does the car manage the simple life reality of loading the right profile (whoever is driving at that time) for 2 drivers (a wife and husband) in the vehicle at the same time with each their own car fobs at the same time because we simply keep our all our keys and fob on the same key ring.
I mean that has to be taken into account right? Lexus doesn't expect that we only ever set foot in the vehicle with 1 car FOB?...

I feel really stupid for spending over an hour trying to figure this out.

Also it's like Google doesn't even recognize the question: If I type "How to add a second driver to my lexus app" (don't know why we can't just do it in the car)
It refers a link how to add another vehicle... (T_T)

help...

The following users liked this post:
RUR (03-04-24)
Old 09-11-22 | 03:50 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tolwynd33
How does the car manage the simple life reality of loading the right profile (whoever is driving at that time) for 2 drivers (a wife and husband) in the vehicle at the same time with each their own car fobs at the same time because we simply keep our all our keys and fob on the same key ring.
I mean that has to be taken into account right?
Even when you carry your fobs separately the car has issues sometimes. There are a few places to look this up but try going to
and then to 30:46.

Old 09-11-22 | 04:14 PM
buhdeh
Driver

It’s not very straightforward. Assuming you’ve already set up your Lexus account as the primary driver on your phone, install the Lexus app on your wife’s phone and have her create a new account. After she creates the account, you can retrieve her newly created profile from the car.
Old 09-11-22 | 09:02 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tolwynd33
Hey everyone - Finally getting around to adding a second driver profile (my wife) to our 2022 NX 350h. I gotta say I'm stumped and can't seem to find any straightforward step by step instructions.

How do I simply add another profile to the vehicle? Nearly all the info I can find, including the manuals tell you how to select an additional profile but not how to set up another one alongside the primary one.

I mean that has to be taken into account right? Lexus doesn't expect that we only ever set foot in the vehicle with 1 car FOB?...

I feel really stupid for spending over an hour trying to figure this out.

Also it's like Google doesn't even recognize the question: If I type "How to add a second driver to my lexus app" (don't know why we can't just do it in the car)
It refers a link how to add another vehicle... (T_T)

help...
I suggest the following (from memory, don't have the screen in front of me):
  • Have her install the Lexus App and create a profile, do not add the car to her 'garage'
  • Optional, but strongly suggested, to make sure you have the right key fob attached to your profile:
    • Get in the car with your key fob, ensure the other 2 (card + regular fob) are far away
    • Start the car, go to settings, click on Personal Info (under your profile), scroll down a little, turn off the 'link key' switch, wait a little, then turn it back on again, this links the key you're holding to your profile and clears any others out
  • Get in with her key fob, in theory the car should offer you the chance for her to sign in, if not, you can do it manually:
    • Go to Settings, click on your (or guest) profile name, then manual setup, then sign her in
  • Done! Ensure the key is linked to her profile.
fyi, be aware Lexus only allows one 'Primary' profile, and only the primary can use the app features including remote start, send destinations to the car, and 'home' and 'work'. I find this extremely annoying as I'm the primary on our cars since I'm more technically oriented, but it means she can't use the nav to home function....or preload destinations...or remote lock. You can't even add a 'Home' in the car, only in the app.

We just picked up another NX and I do like the fact that our radio favorites and other car settings travel with us from car to car, but limiting significant functions only to the primary makes it not worth it for me.
The following 5 users liked this post by ct6978:
blinkylite (06-10-23), Newnxer (09-13-22), RUR (03-04-24), SdeGat (09-12-24), tran13 (04-19-24)
Old 01-15-23 | 02:02 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Default Please move this back to 2023 RX general thread.

I see that my review has been moved to the “Hybrid Technology” thread. I humbly petition the moderators to move this back to the general “5th Generation RX” thread. There is some incidental hybrid discussion here, but it’s mostly about the 5Th gen car in general. I believe moving this back to the general thread will being about better sharing of info on this new car. And that the thread won’t be frequently looked at under the more “niche” hybrid tech subcategory. Thank you!
Old 01-21-23 | 05:57 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Default No Brake Dust

A pleasant find that I confirmed Googling hybrid info: at my first wash, there’s almost no brake dust!!