NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Making Progress

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-22, 01:59 PM
LexusQ
Pit Crew

Received 76 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Making Progress

Thought I’d give an insiders update today. I’m currently working on the new RX launch coming in a few weeks and decided to take a stroll to check on the NX line. I was surprised to find the line running on a Sunday. All cars on line were NX with no RAVs in between. There are still lots of vehicles offline with “hold awaiting parts” cones however.

They have been building on Saturdays, and apparently Sundays. So 7 days a week to get your cars to you. The plant itself is at the mercy of suppliers now unfortunately. Also struggling with manpower issues like so many other businesses these days (hard to believe).

Things look to be improving, and seeing all the NXs there gives me hope for mine coming as well. It is a beautiful car. It’s NX heaven here and I get to see all the options you all are choosing. I hope these cars meet everyone’s expectations. Us Canadians are working lots of overtime to get them to you. Be patient, these cars are beautiful and worth the wait!

ps. I can’t answer many questions on NX issues since I’m in the RX plant. My level of insider information is limited. RX launch is the second week of October. It will be a slow launch but you will likely start to see some around the end of Oct!
The following 11 users liked this post by LexusQ:
anniedrea (09-25-22), DaveDude (09-25-22), FWCA (09-26-22), genadi (09-25-22), LexDex99 (09-25-22), lsft (09-26-22), mcdorky18 (09-27-22), Newnxer (09-25-22), nx450plus (09-26-22), Pillarbox (09-27-22), redhot47fl (09-25-22) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-25-22, 03:27 PM
anniedrea
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusQ
Thought I’d give an insiders update today. I’m currently working on the new RX launch coming in a few weeks and decided to take a stroll to check on the NX line. I was surprised to find the line running on a Sunday. All cars on line were NX with no RAVs in between. There are still lots of vehicles offline with “hold awaiting parts” cones however.

They have been building on Saturdays, and apparently Sundays. So 7 days a week to get your cars to you. The plant itself is at the mercy of suppliers now unfortunately. Also struggling with manpower issues like so many other businesses these days (hard to believe).

Things look to be improving, and seeing all the NXs there gives me hope for mine coming as well. It is a beautiful car. It’s NX heaven here and I get to see all the options you all are choosing. I hope these cars meet everyone’s expectations. Us Canadians are working lots of overtime to get them to you. Be patient, these cars are beautiful and worth the wait!

ps. I can’t answer many questions on NX issues since I’m in the RX plant. My level of insider information is limited. RX launch is the second week of October. It will be a slow launch but you will likely start to see some around the end of Oct!
Glad to hear! Thank you so much for the update!
The following users liked this post:
LexDex99 (09-25-22)
Old 09-25-22, 08:07 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts

Thanks for the update. Any rumours or words in potential RX pricing?
Old 09-25-22, 08:08 PM
LexusQ
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LStoneX
Thanks for the update. Any rumours or words in potential RX pricing?
no word yet
Old 09-25-22, 08:09 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

no word yet
Darn!

I expect it to be higher, I just wonder how much higher...
Old 09-25-22, 08:46 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 565 Likes on 374 Posts
Question NX is a much better Car than the new RX

NX is a much better car than the new RX IMHO, so I don't really care about the new RX. If I did care about the new RX I would probably be looking for information in the RX forums. I love my NX 350h; of the four Lexi ( plural of Lexus) I have owned, it is the best. RX is just too big and too heavy and too clunky, even the RX500h doesn't have sport car level performance and how well do you expect a 2 1/2 ton big SUV to handle?

I stick with this forum and discuss NX cars, Thank You.

Peace and Good Will

YMMV,
MidCow3

Old 09-25-22, 10:08 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Default I concur

Originally Posted by midcow3
NX is a much better car than the new RX IMHO, so I don't really care about the new RX. If I did care about the new RX I would probably be looking for information in the RX forums. I love my NX 350h; of the four Lexi ( plural of Lexus) I have owned, it is the best. RX is just too big and too heavy and too clunky, even the RX500h doesn't have sport car level performance and how well do you expect a 2 1/2 ton big SUV to handle?

Peace and Good Will

YMMV,
MidCow3
I totally agree with you that the current NX is much better than the current or upcoming RX. The RX stopped appealing to me when it became humongous in 2015.

I have absolutely no plans to trade my NX for the RX! I was only curious since @LexusQ mentioned that he's working on the RX line.

As per the price increase, I know it's too be expected. The missus has been waiting for her Sienna since January and it's still waiting with no ETA at all; only thing dealer has mentioned is that there'll be a price increase. I assumed that will carry over to Lexus as well...
Old 09-25-22, 10:36 PM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

thank you for sharing!
Old 09-25-22, 10:43 PM
LexusQ
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LStoneX
I totally agree with you that the current NX is much better than the current or upcoming RX. The RX stopped appealing to me when it became humongous in 2015.

I have absolutely no plans to trade my NX for the RX! I was only curious since @LexusQ mentioned that he's working on the RX line.

As per the price increase, I know it's too be expected. The missus has been waiting for her Sienna since January and it's still waiting with no ETA at all; only thing dealer has mentioned is that there'll be a price increase. I assumed that will carry over to Lexus as well...
I much prefer the NX as well. Sitting in an RX feels like driving a house.

I am more concerned about the 2023 NX price increase. No word yet, but with inflation, supplier costs etc, I feel like there will be a substantial cost added to the customer. There have been many reports on Toyota subsidizing suppliers cost increases. Only a matter of time before that’s passed on to the consumer.

I ordered in April and it looks like a 2023 model will be my fulfillment. Now I get to enjoy the MRSP mark up but receive the exact same vehicle. I really dislike how they don’t lock in your cost at time of purchase. I agreed to pay X and signed the purchase agreement. Any delay in fulfillment should be a Lexus problem, not the customer who agreed to buy at the current price point.
The following users liked this post:
LexDex99 (09-26-22)
Old 09-26-22, 06:51 AM
LexDex99
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by midcow3

Peace and Good Will

YMMV,
MidCow3
I completely agree about the RX being big, heavy, clunky. That's what I drive now (2013 450h) and it feels so bloated. My previous car was the 2008 400h, and I've missed the smaller size and zippy handling, which is why I gravitated to the NX. Looks like the NX is about an inch wider, an inch lower and 4" shorter.
Old 09-26-22, 07:16 AM
MTL2022
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RX 450h+

I much prefer the NX as well. Sitting in an RX feels like driving a house.

I am more concerned about the 2023 NX price increase. No word yet, but with inflation, supplier costs etc, I feel like there will be a substantial cost added to the customer. There have been many reports on Toyota subsidizing suppliers cost increases. Only a matter of time before that’s passed on to the consumer.

I ordered in April and it looks like a 2023 model will be my fulfillment. Now I get to enjoy the MRSP mark up but receive the exact same vehicle. I really dislike how they don’t lock in your cost at time of purchase. I agreed to pay X and signed the purchase agreement. Any delay in fulfillment should be a Lexus problem, not the customer who agreed to buy at the current price point.
Thanks for the inside info, do you have any info on the RX 450h+ (plug-in)? It's a very seal lips now with Lexus Canada and it dealers.

Thanks
Old 09-26-22, 08:01 AM
blueless
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 60 Posts

Different vehicles for different needs.
Old 09-26-22, 09:26 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

How were you working seven days a week when the plant was shut down due to a shortage of parts?

You should update your profile from California to Ontario. Long commute to work.

Have a great day!
Old 09-26-22, 10:27 AM
LexusQ
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by FastFord
How were you working seven days a week when the plant was shut down due to a shortage of parts?

You should update your profile from California to Ontario. Long commute to work.

Have a great day!
We weren’t working 7 days a week at that point. Hence my topic being titled “making progress”. Things are beginning to stabilize now. There are still shortages, but we compensate by working weekends.

Id love to update my location but the site seems to require a State, and Zip, even with my country being Canada.
Old 09-26-22, 10:28 AM
LexusQ
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by MTL2022
Thanks for the inside info, do you have any info on the RX 450h+ (plug-in)? It's a very seal lips now with Lexus Canada and it dealers.

Thanks
no info sorry

Quick Reply: Making Progress