NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Brake Failure

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-22, 05:16 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts

Very unfortunate and disturbing.

Do you have something like the NHTSA up in Canada?
https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem#index

If so, I would recommend filing an issue with them.
Old 10-15-22, 11:37 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Yes we do, Transport Canada. Too early to get them involved.
Old 10-15-22, 11:56 AM
anoop
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FastFord
Yes we do, Transport Canada. Too early to get them involved.
I don’t think it’s about getting them involved as much as reporting a safety incident (regardless of whether it is fixed) that might help them start an investigation if there are many such reports.
The following 2 users liked this post by anoop:
FastFord (10-15-22), GoLeafsGo (10-15-22)
Old 10-18-22, 02:28 PM
FastFord
Racer

Update...still nothing to report. Vehicle is still in the shop. 11 days and counting.
Old 10-19-22, 10:58 AM
Alec150
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Today we were driving along at 40KPH, put left signal on, took foot of the gas, moved to brake pedal...Nothing!
Brake pedal went down far more than usual, one second later it pushes my foot back up and starts to slow the vehicle down.

I have driven thousands of vehicles and clocked well over 2 million miles. This has never happened to me and even thought I was driving slowly, it really caught me off guard.

Called dealership, come on in right away, great service as usual. Called Lexus to tow it in, that was fast and easy.

I just had the parking brake recall done the other day. Don't know if that has anything to do with it? Doubt it?

I'm sure they won't have an answer for me. Fingers crossed they actually find something, if not it will be a long road ahead.
last Saturday I had to get my ‘22 NX250 towed to the dealership due to the brake light coming on along with cruise control malfunction alert.

then in the infotainment it said “brake system malfunction. Driving the vehicle may be dangerous”.

I had the parking brake recall done 2 weeks ago, so that was already squared.

The dealer did the recall for the “find my car” (?!!!!!??) and didn’t do anything else. I went to the dealer yesterday to pick up my car and it still had that message and they took it back again (I didn’t even leave the lot).

The dealer said it’s a glitch and it’s safe to drive. So I am picking it up today and I am praying it’s fine. It’s annoying that the message pops up and doesn’t stop.
Old 10-19-22, 04:04 PM
FastFord
Racer

Alec150, I am following one of your other issues...turns out the wiring harness....the stop/start issue that would just turn the car off. Mine has only done that once.

Nothing to report on the brakes. Still in the shop.
Old 10-19-22, 04:10 PM
Alec150
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Alec150, I am following one of your other issues...turns out the wiring harness....the stop/start issue that would just turn the car off. Mine has only done that once.

Nothing to report on the brakes. Still in the shop.
wow that’s crazy! I thought it was only the NX250’s! I guess the 2.4L turbo also have the same issues as well. The other guy that had it happen to him had his battery changed and the issue resolved. It’s pretty strange how it’s affecting both Japanese and Canadian versions (mine is Canadian)

I am uploading a video of my brake issue to this reply. I really hope they sort out these bugs. I wonder if your brake issue was a computer issue.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
FullSizeRender.MOV (18.73 MB, 76 views)
Old 10-20-22, 08:05 AM
FastFord
Racer

Update...

Dropped into my Lexus dealer this morning. They still have the vehicle and today Lexus Corp asked for another download from the dealer.
Called Lexus and my case manager is going to call me back with an update, they were unavailable when I called.

Sorry, nothing exciting or informative at this point.

Cheers!
Old 10-20-22, 11:15 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts

Update...

Dropped into my Lexus dealer this morning. They still have the vehicle and today Lexus Corp asked for another download from the dealer.
Called Lexus and my case manager is going to call me back with an update, they were unavailable when I called.

Sorry, nothing exciting or informative at this point.

Cheers!
So you're stuck with still driving that archaic NX?🥴
Old 10-20-22, 11:26 AM
FastFord
Racer

Originally Posted by LStoneX
So you're stuck with still driving that archaic NX?🥴
lol it's all good. Actually, getting used to it. I've driven and owned some real gems in my life. This white 20/21 NX300? is just fine.

I did get a call from Lexus just a few minutes ago. They are still working on it, got the download and no conclusion yet. They were polite and asked if I had a loaner and if it was satisfactory.

I told them they can keep it as long as they want. It would be fantastic if some weird issue surfaces that would benefit everyone. I won't be holding my breath.
Old 10-20-22, 12:33 PM
CdO
Pit Crew

Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

Do the non-hybrids have a vacuum brake booster or do they also use the electro-hydraulic booster?
Old 10-21-22, 02:52 PM
FastFord
Racer

Originally Posted by CdO
Do the non-hybrids have a vacuum brake booster or do they also use the electro-hydraulic booster?
Beats me?

Just another weekend without the car. Still in shop.

Have a great weekend folks, Cheers!
Old 10-24-22, 03:45 PM
FastFord
Racer

Update.

Lexus Corp is now running the show. Dealer can't release the vehicle.

I am being told they are still running tests, getting mechanic to take test drives, then downloading the info to Lexus.

Still some final adjustments and troubleshooting left.

I am glad they are taking their time. I hope whatever they find or not, the system is thoroughly checked.

Hopefully this week I get it back. Time for its winter coat of stuff before it's too cold.
The following users liked this post:
LStoneX (10-24-22)
Old 10-25-22, 12:56 PM
FastFord
Racer

Update...

Sent a note to Executive team, again. Got a call within minutes from Lexus Canada.
Sorry we were not able to duplicate the problem, but they are guessing it was an ABS activation. She said that's why the pedal pushed back. WTF seriously?

I'm sorry but I understand they can't duplicate the issue, but to say ABS related and they did nothing to change anything. Lexus Canada also stated that they did not have a hold on the car and the dealer should release it. Good, give it back so I can drive it across the street to the sales folks.

Can't tell you how frustrated I am right now. It was probably a once in a lifetime occurrence, but my blood pressure is a few points higher and hair a few shades greyer!

All for now!

Cheers.
Old 10-25-22, 01:09 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Update...

Sent a note to Executive team, again. Got a call within minutes from Lexus Canada.
Sorry we were not able to duplicate the problem, but they are guessing it was an ABS activation. She said that's why the pedal pushed back. WTF seriously?

I'm sorry but I understand they can't duplicate the issue, but to say ABS related and they did nothing to change anything. Lexus Canada also stated that they did not have a hold on the car and the dealer should release it. Good, give it back so I can drive it across the street to the sales folks.

Can't tell you how frustrated I am right now. It was probably a once in a lifetime occurrence, but my blood pressure is a few points higher and hair a few shades greyer!

All for now!

Cheers.
Sadly this is par for the course. If they can't duplicate it, they can't do much. I've had similar issues with Acura.

Report the issue to Transport Canada and hope for the best (i.e. that it never happens again and/or they come up with a recall/fix for it).

Quick Reply: Brake Failure