Originally Posted by anoop
Which engine?
NX250, so the 2.5L non turbo
Old 10-27-22, 05:05 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Randyp1234
It's the 2023 RX that has the "improvements" correct?
2023 is totally different. I did not want to go down that route. Improvements, that's still to be determined but comparing it to the 2022 model is a stretch. The only thing the same is the name.

We could have ordered one, but the wait time could be very long, plus the one I wanted won't be available till 2024.

The 2022 NX is a great vehicle! For me I really needed more space. It was really hard going from a full-sized GMC Sierra to an NX.

We make stuff and delivering it was a pain in the NX. Not that the RX is that much bigger...Plus, the seat was too narrow for my bad hip.

It's old tech! Like me, OLD!

Cheers everyone.
The following users liked this post:
Alec150 (10-27-22)
Old 10-27-22, 05:07 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Alec150
wow! I can’t believe they gave it back to you and couldn’t fix it.

My car left me stranded today at the light. Brake felt funny and said “auto stop malfunction” and it kept coming on. I tried to restart my car and the car wouldn’t turn back on. It said “key not detected” when it was out of my pocket”. Then it said “press brake to turn on” and I did, but kept putting me in accessory mode and was hard as a rock (the brake pedal) as I kept trying to turn it on. A cop was a few cars behind me and called a tow truck as she said it’s an urgent matter as I’m blocking traffic.

I had to pay $300 to get it towed to the dealer. I’m sending that bill to corporate and they better pay for it!
I hope you have more success than I had. I'll be following your posts. Best of luck!
Old 10-27-22, 05:28 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 236 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by FastFord
Improvements, that's still to be determined
It's old tech! Like me, OLD
I'm with you, brother!! I've got a 2015 RX and after seeing the "improvements" on our 2022 NX and knowing this is the future of the brand, I doubt we'll have another Lexus..
FastFord (10-28-22)
Old 10-27-22, 05:30 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts

These reports are worrisome. At least they are not affecting the 350h so I can pretend it's not a problem for the engine I'm looking at.

​​​​@Alec150 please file a report with NHTSA.
https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem#index
Old 10-27-22, 05:33 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Randyp1234
I'm with you, brother!! I've got a 2015 RX and after seeing the "improvements" on our 2022 NX and knowing this is the future of the brand, I doubt we'll have another Lexus..
It's the same no matter where you go. None of the manufacturers care about brand loyalty. They only care about sales volumes and average sales price. If putting a $25 LCD screen in parts allows them to charge $1000 more for the car, then that $25 LCD will make its way to the car. It also gives them leverage. They can then knock $500 off the price and still come out on top. If they attract 5 new buyers from other brands for every buyer they lose, then why not? And new buyers think they are getting Lexus quality + All the Toys at a great price. It's a short term strategy but it works well. BMW was one of the first to do it. Now it is beginning to hurt them, but they had a good run for a decade or so, enough time to cause pain for a lot of competitors.

Last edited by anoop; 10-27-22 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-27-22, 07:56 PM
blueless
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 60 Posts
Angry Make 'em pay!

wow! I can’t believe they gave it back to you and couldn’t fix it.

My car left me stranded today at the light. Brake felt funny and said “auto stop malfunction” and it kept coming on. I tried to restart my car and the car wouldn’t turn back on. It said “key not detected” when it was out of my pocket”. Then it said “press brake to turn on” and I did, but kept putting me in accessory mode and was hard as a rock (the brake pedal) as I kept trying to turn it on. A cop was a few cars behind me and called a tow truck as she said it’s an urgent matter as I’m blocking traffic.

I had to pay $300 to get it towed to the dealer. I’m sending that bill to corporate and they better pay for it!
Oh no, it happened again?! I thought you posted that they fixed it. This is almost as worrisome as Fastfort's brake.
FastFord (10-28-22)
Old 10-28-22, 02:49 AM
Alec150
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by blueless
Oh no, it happened again?! I thought you posted that they fixed it. This is almost as worrisome as Fastfort's brake.
They fixed the engine shutting off while driving. The brake issue they did not. They said it’s a computer glitch, but the brakes are fine and to keep restarting the car until the message goes away.

when I got messages that said “auto start unavailable” and the light went on again, I went to restart my car at a traffic light because the light turned red.

the car kept saying “key not detected” and I kept pressing the button. The brake got hard as a rock and kept saying “press brake pedal to turn engine on”. It wouldn’t turn on and then a cop came like 1 min later and called me a tow truck.

i Wonder if the brake issue has to do with the “key not detected” message too. The brake pedal getting card to press I think could be related with the brake light too. We will see. I towed my car to a different dealership than the one I brought it to last time. There’s so many Lexus Dealers here in South Florida lol
FastFord (10-28-22)
Old 05-29-23, 04:15 PM
Giruto
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

last Saturday I had to get my ‘22 NX250 towed to the dealership due to the brake light coming on along with cruise control malfunction alert.

then in the infotainment it said “brake system malfunction. Driving the vehicle may be dangerous”.

I had the parking brake recall done 2 weeks ago, so that was already squared.

The dealer did the recall for the “find my car” (?!!!!!??) and didn’t do anything else. I went to the dealer yesterday to pick up my car and it still had that message and they took it back again (I didn’t even leave the lot).

The dealer said it’s a glitch and it’s safe to drive. So I am picking it up today and I am praying it’s fine. It’s annoying that the message pops up and doesn’t stop.
I had similar problem, were they able to fix it
Old 06-05-23, 08:39 AM
Alec150
Rookie

Originally Posted by Giruto
I had similar problem, were they able to fix it

Unfortunately I signed a non-disclosure and can’t talk about that Lexus anymore. I do not have it anymore and I bought a Tesla to replace that car and already put 10k mikes on it and had 0 issues.
Old 06-06-23, 09:15 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Unfortunately I signed a non-disclosure and can’t talk about that Lexus anymore. I do not have it anymore and I bought a Tesla to replace that car and already put 10k mikes on it and had 0 issues.
Glad to hear. I got my 2023 Model Y Long Range too and I love it. It's been fully reliable. The buying process was incredible. No being hounded by salesmen and finance person trying to sell you tire warranties and door stickers. Just buy on the app with zero human interaction, and pick up in person at the designated time and drive off.

Also--No stalling unlike my 2021 ES Hybrid which stalled 3x in the intersection w/ temporary loss of power/non response to the gas pedal. Sucks cause I emailed my dealer about it asking them if they can check it and they did not respond. Anyway i didn't get rid of it cause that, but it was concerning. I just wanted something higher and safer.

Sounds like you had some kind of buy back and the agreement was you can't talk about it. Sounds like you are happy with the tesla
Old 06-06-23, 09:21 AM
Alec150
Rookie

Originally Posted by E46CT
Glad to hear. I got my 2023 Model Y Long Range too and I love it. It's been fully reliable. The buying process was incredible. No being hounded by salesmen and finance person trying to sell you tire warranties and door stickers. Just buy on the app with zero human interaction, and pick up in person at the designated time and drive off.

Also--No stalling unlike my 2021 ES Hybrid which stalled 3x in the intersection w/ temporary loss of power/non response to the gas pedal. Sucks cause I emailed my dealer about it asking them if they can check it and they did not respond. Anyway i didn't get rid of it cause that, but it was concerning. I just wanted something higher and safer.

Sounds like you had some kind of buy back and the agreement was you can't talk about it. Sounds like you are happy with the tesla

haha correct. And yes, best buying process in the world with no bs. My boyfriend actually bought a model Y a month ago and he loves it too (came from a Mercedes). Also we love the fact that tesla comes to you for service (tire rotations).

we are very happy with our teslas so far. So ironic how they’re supposedly the least reliable brand lol
Old 06-06-23, 03:27 PM
LAX
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

deleted...
Old 06-06-23, 03:27 PM
LAX
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Signed NDA" means you got a good compensation package from Lexus and got rid of the vehicle?
If so it's great!
Old 06-07-23, 04:31 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT

I got a chuckle this morning after reading your comment about no human interaction in buying your Tesla. Ha It’s funny to think how far we have come in wanting to do business with no human face to face.

I have to admit I’ve been thinking about a Tesla and whether it would be a good fit for me. I can handle all the tech stuff but the cabin is so sparse and no instrument panel in front of you. I guess one gets use to that after while but it’s quite a shock thinking about the change. I’ve been reading and watching a bunch of videos about the model Y. I just saw that they issued an update to the suspension allowing for a softer ride. Do you have that? I think it’s only on the 2023 model Y (non performance version)

Quick Reply: Brake Failure