NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Rumble upon hard acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-23 | 12:39 PM
Datanator
Driver

Update to the Update: Service department called - logging the issue with Lexus. Allegedly, they compared to 4 other new NX 350s on the lot and found the issue in two of the four, the other two do not have the issue. They don't have a 'fix' at this point, however I suppose the silver lining is the issue is logged in my service record and they've been able to identify inconsistencies with the NX 350s on the lot as well as with mine, justifying whatever log or report created with the corporate mothership.

The NXs on their lot are '23 MY where mine is a '22. Bluntly, this isn't something I'm going to go out of my way to chase down at this point. If the Lexus mothership looks into this and a fix is issued, that's great. I do think something is off with this issue though and I hope they take the high road and seek a remedy. Do I expect quick resolution? No.
Old 03-06-23 | 12:45 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Originally Posted by Datanator
Update to the Update: Service department called - logging the issue with Lexus. Allegedly, they compared to 4 other new NX 350s on the lot and found the issue in two of the four, the other two do not have the issue. They don't have a 'fix' at this point, however I suppose the silver lining is the issue is logged in my service record and they've been able to identify inconsistencies with the NX 350s on the lot as well as with mine, justifying whatever log or report created with the corporate mothership.

The NXs on their lot are '23 MY where mine is a '22. Bluntly, this isn't something I'm going to go out of my way to chase down at this point. If the Lexus mothership looks into this and a fix is issued, that's great. I do think something is off with this issue though and I hope they take the high road and seek a remedy. Do I expect quick resolution? No.
We had an issue with the amount of pressure you had to put on the brake pedal before you could shift in to drive or reverse. Our dealer kept it for about a week taking all kinds of measurements and sending to somewhere in Texas. After quite some time a solution was found and before they could schedule ours to be fixed Lexus sent "our" tech to Cambridge to fix the ones being shipped out. My wife is a lot happier with the car now. My point is - don't give up hope that they find a fix for yours.
Old 03-31-23 | 06:22 PM
Dunhill421
Driver

2023 NX350 1200 miles and this is also happening to me. Under strong acceleration from a stop the entire cabin vibrates.

did you end up getting this figured out? Please post back.

Thank you.
Old 03-31-23 | 06:24 PM
Dunhill421
Driver

Originally Posted by Datanator
I searched the threads but didn't find anything similar to my question...
I'm pretty confident most folks don't drive their NX aggressively - I generally don't as well. However, on occasion, I do want / need accelerate hard... for example pulling into highway speed traffic and needing to be up to speed quickly.

When I accelerate hard, I notice what I can only describe as a rumbling / low-frequency vibration in the floor (feet) and in my seat (butt). My hands feel no evidence of this through the steering wheel. This kind of thing is typically associated with a loose engine mount or something of that nature. Naturally, I'll take this in to be looked at. Unfortunately, it isn't something that can be picked up with a cellphone video.

I do want to ask if anyone has experienced this phenomenon. I'm pretty confident the dealer won't let me sample an on-the-lot NX 350 to see if the behavior is the same - maybe they will - but before I go, I want to check to see if anyone has experienced this.

Thanks so much!

///D
I can duplicate this with strong acceleration from a stop or slow speeds.
please update us on what they figured out.
Old 03-31-23 | 08:05 PM
Datanator
Driver

Originally Posted by Dunhill421
I can duplicate this with strong acceleration from a stop or slow speeds.
please update us on what they figured out.
Unfortunately, no progress since my last post regarding dealer opening a case with the mothership. I’ll definitely update if there’s progress. I’m hopeful, but not optimistic to be candid.
Old 04-01-23 | 02:58 PM
GStj07
1st Gear

Hey all,

New to the forum but a longtime lurker. Had a GS350 AWD for 8 great years before updating to a 2022 NX350 AWD.

I have 2,400 miles on it and finally laid into the gas a little more than I have previously, and had a similar experience. From a rolling start in sport mode using paddle shifters, I ran it to about 5k rpms before shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear. It almost felt like the tires were loosing traction, just barely slipping, but I know that’s not the case. Wondered if it had something to do with how the power is distributed to the AWD system as I’ve read it’s different than my old GS, but the shudder was enough to get my attention. Just didn’t feel as smooth as I expected, especially compared to what I was used to in my old GS. I tried a few more times and was able to replicate it.

Did a little searching and stumbled across your post so thank you for posting — please keep us posted and I’ll do the same when I go in for the 5k appt.
The following users liked this post:
Dunhill421 (04-01-23)
Old 04-01-23 | 07:37 PM
Dunhill421
Driver

Yes I will keep checking this thread as this needs to be fixed.
Datanator (04-02-23)
Old 04-09-23 | 09:22 PM
GregJK1
2nd gear

Default Rumble upon hard acceleration

I have experienced this with my 2023 NX 350 F Sport and have had it driven by the shop foreman to duplicate. Although I have felt this in all 3 modes, it is most apparent in Sport +. Typically, the "rumble" is noticeable at about 35 - 40 mph and 4-5,000 rpm. As most of you have noticed, this does not occur when you accelerate full throttle to reach passing speed, only from a slight rolling or dead stop. I do not have an answer yet, but they have duplicated the problem and are filing a report with Lexus. I'll post anything I find out. Current mileage 1,100.
Datanator (04-10-23)
Old 04-10-23 | 02:37 AM
Dunhill421
Driver

Originally Posted by GregJK1
I have experienced this with my 2023 NX 350 F Sport and have had it driven by the shop foreman to duplicate. Although I have felt this in all 3 modes, it is most apparent in Sport +. Typically, the "rumble" is noticeable at about 35 - 40 mph and 4-5,000 rpm. As most of you have noticed, this does not occur when you accelerate full throttle to reach passing speed, only from a slight rolling or dead stop. I do not have an answer yet, but they have duplicated the problem and are filing a report with Lexus. I'll post anything I find out. Current mileage 1,100.
I just got my car back and the Diag Tech has duplicated it and filed a case with Lexus. He does not know why it is happening, but took a download of the transmission and ECU and said all was normal. He spoke to Lexus Engineers and they were not aware supposedly. He said if enough people complain about it they will probably release a software fix. So KEEP reporting to your dealers. There has to be a resolution.
We also drove a 350 Non-Fsport and could duplicate it on that car as well.
GregJK1 (04-10-23)
Old 04-10-23 | 04:18 AM
Tinkertech
Driver

Originally Posted by Randyp1234
We had an issue with the amount of pressure you had to put on the brake pedal before you could shift in to drive or reverse. Our dealer kept it for about a week taking all kinds of measurements and sending to somewhere in Texas. After quite some time a solution was found and before they could schedule ours to be fixed Lexus sent "our" tech to Cambridge to fix the ones being shipped out. My wife is a lot happier with the car now. My point is - don't give up hope that they find a fix for yours.
I have the same issue on a 2023, brake peddle pressure needing to be apparently higher than normal to allow the car to shift into any gear.
What was the 'FIX' that resolved this issue?
I was thinking an adjustment of the brake peddle switch is maybe needed.
Old 04-10-23 | 04:59 AM
Datanator
Driver

Originally Posted by GregJK1
thank you!
GregJK1 (04-11-23)
Old 05-29-23 | 09:13 AM
Droid13
Racer

I have noticed this at times too, but only when very aggressively turning out to a main road or accelerating hard on a curve. I have attributed this to:

GregJK1 (07-14-23)
Old 05-29-23 | 10:05 AM
Datanator
Driver

Originally Posted by Droid13
I have noticed this at times too, but only when very aggressively turning out to a main road or accelerating hard on a curve. I have attributed this to:

Thanks! This makes a lot of sense. In my case this is acceleration from say 30 miles an hour while I’m already moving in a straight line. Period is actually timely. You are replying to this thread. Evidently when I filled out my most recent survey, Alexis took note of this, and responded to me and asked me to take the car in for one of the master text to look at it so it’s actually going in tomorrow to be looked at. I’ll update once I know more.
GregJK1 (07-14-23)
Old 05-30-23 | 05:09 PM
Dunhill421
Driver

Please update this thread as soon as you know something. Took my car in and the head tech had no idea what it was, said he logged it with lexus and would most likely be fixed in a future software update.
I doubt that but hopeful.
Old 05-30-23 | 05:58 PM
Datanator
Driver

Ok... so I went to the dealer today and did the obligatory ride-along with the diagnostic tech. He felt the vibration/rumble and acknowledged he's seen this before. He went on to say he has called this out to the regional (district?) engineering rep from Lexus and has opened a few cases. He says they know what this phenomenon is. Keeping in mind this is one tech and one dealership. He may be inventing things to say to me, but I don't have any reason to distrust him.

Allegedly, the problem is known and rests with the way the computer is managing whatever clutch pack is controlling distribution of engine power front:rear. I'm told this will indeed be remedied "some time in the undetermined future" with a software update. The assumption is the software can overcome any limitations with the hardware involved.

In the case of my NX 350 FSport, a case has been opened with Lexus and the tech coordinated with the service advisor today in order to submit whatever formal documentation is necessary. I'll be notified if there is an update.

Until then, I'm satisfied. The issue isn't so problematic that it sours my experience with this car. I still love the car. My biggest issue was the underlying concern of something mechanically wrong. This concern has been allayed for the time being.

I hope this helps folks!
///Datanator

The following 2 users liked this post by Datanator:
Dunhill421 (05-30-23), GregJK1 (07-14-23)

Quick Reply: Rumble upon hard acceleration