NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

One key fob :-( (Merged single key fob issue threads)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-23, 07:39 AM
Uspeed
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I picked up my NX450h+ in Jan with only one key fob and credit card key. There were sticker it says it will mail in a month. I check last month, dealer still have not received it. I guess wait for 3 months!
Old 03-29-23, 11:40 AM
StraySheep
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Uspeed
I picked up my NX450h+ in Jan with only one key fob and credit card key. There were sticker it says it will mail in a month. I check last month, dealer still have not received it. I guess wait for 3 months!
Good luck getting it in 3 months.
Picked up my NX350h Nov 1, 2022, it' almost Apr 1, 2023 and still no 2nd Key fob.
That's almost 5 months and still waiting.

I do not believe anyone given only one key fob during initial vehicle delivery has gotten their 2nd key fob yet.

If someone out there has gotten their 2nd key from their Lexus dealer as promised, please post here your wait time.
Old 03-29-23, 12:00 PM
Itsmeoscat
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Same here, picked p my 350h last Nov, no 2nd key.

I've talked to my SA, he said no idea. Then I talked to Lexus of Canada by phone and email, they said the same and told me to talk to the dealer.

I have a question for people here on this forum, does the Digital Key feature a hardware based technology or software based? I have tried to ask Lexus of Canada, if it is possible to enable this feature for me temporarily until the 2nd keyfod is delivered. They told me it's a manufacturing thing, they cannot do anything.

Overall, no luck on 2nd keyfob.
Old 03-29-23, 12:03 PM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 232 Likes on 160 Posts

Digital key is just that. You load the Lexus app on your phone and activate the digital key. I think there is a separate download, but once that's done it appears in your app. It does work and I have shared mine with my Wife. However, I also just carry my fob with me. Habit I guess and I have a couple of other keys on there, like front door and mailbox.
Old 03-29-23, 12:11 PM
Itsmeoscat
Rookie

Originally Posted by JasDmw
Digital key is just that. You load the Lexus app on your phone and activate the digital key. I think there is a separate download, but once that's done it appears in your app. It does work and I have shared mine with my Wife. However, I also just carry my fob with me. Habit I guess and I have a couple of other keys on there, like front door and mailbox.
Thanks! I have the luxury trim which does not include the digital key feature. So I dont know whether it needs special hardware on the car or it's just a software. If it's just a software, I don't understand why Lexus not enabling it for everyone until the delivery of the 2nd key fob.
Old 03-29-23, 03:51 PM
harper7
Pit Crew

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Itsmeoscat
Thanks! I have the luxury trim which does not include the digital key feature. So I dont know whether it needs special hardware on the car or it's just a software. If it's just a software, I don't understand why Lexus not enabling it for everyone until the delivery of the 2nd key fob.
So you don't have the wireless charger option ? Digital key and smartaccess card comes with that factory option and probably has a ECU for it.
LEXUS DIGITAL KEY, SMARTACCESS CARD KEY, AND WIRELESS CHARGER FIO $450
Old 03-29-23, 04:08 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 560 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by Itsmeoscat
Digital key has many additional hardware parts.

In Canada digital key comes on ultra luxury and executive only for 22-3 models
Old 03-29-23, 06:36 PM
Itsmeoscat
Rookie

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
Digital key has many additional hardware parts.

In Canada digital key comes on ultra luxury and executive only for 22-3 models
Thanks for explaination! So, it is a hardware based feature!

Ehhh, then, no choice but keep waiting!
Old 04-20-23, 06:16 PM
Blkcondor
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up a luxury RX and the digital key is a option card not available the digital key works with the bluetooth in the car. I have used the digital key but afraid to rely on it because a few times I had to use it did not work was glad I had the fob with me
Old 04-22-23, 12:26 PM
lexsc4
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkcondor
I picked up a luxury RX and the digital key is aoption card not available the digital key works with the bluetooth in the car. I have used the digital key but afraid to rely on it because a few times I had to use it did not work was glad I had the fob with me
picking up my wife’s new NX350H tomorrow and the SA already told me I am getting only 1 key fob. The rest is waiting game. Sucks.

Last edited by lexsc4; 04-22-23 at 09:46 PM.
Old 04-22-23, 09:36 PM
r1supersta
Pit Crew

Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by StraySheep
Good luck getting it in 3 months.
Picked up my NX350h Nov 1, 2022, it' almost Apr 1, 2023 and still no 2nd Key fob.
That's almost 5 months and still waiting.

I do not believe anyone given only one key fob during initial vehicle delivery has gotten their 2nd key fob yet.

If someone out there has gotten their 2nd key from their Lexus dealer as promised, please post here your wait time.

Not an NX; but a '23 ES 300h here. We took delivery a couple of days before Christmas. I did reach out to our sales rep on March 30th. He told me Lexus will be contacting us sometime between 4.15 and 4.30 to bring the vehicle in to get the second key fob programmed. We haven't heard from Lexus yet. So we still wait...
Old 04-23-23, 02:31 AM
NiCoRe
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Same here in Europe, 1 key FOB...
Glad I get also the key card (but was advised to get a spare battery for it and carry it with the key)
The following users liked this post:
Billst (08-04-23)
Old 04-24-23, 09:44 PM
GXWes
Pit Crew

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Uspeed
On your Smart Key Card for your 450. Can you post a picture or let us know the part number of it?

A couple people have tried to get one. But the dealerships don’t have a clue

Thanks
Old 04-25-23, 06:31 PM
Uspeed
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GXWes
On your Smart Key Card for your 450. Can you post a picture or let us know the part number of it?

A couple people have tried to get one. But the dealerships don’t have a clue

Thanks

Pdf for model number
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
5029880.pdf (692.0 KB, 154 views)
Old 04-25-23, 07:37 PM
43sbest
Pit Crew

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

I would have never purchased my NX (or any car) if they offered me only one key fob, then again that would have worked out just fine the Lexus dealer would have the car and not me. I have done some searches and with a few exceptions this is mainly a Toyota/Lexus problem? Technology overkill.

Quick Reply: One key fob :-( (Merged single key fob issue threads)