NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Calling all Audiophiles!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-22, 03:21 PM
anniedrea
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Calling all Audiophiles!

Understanding that sound is subjective, what do you think are the optimal settings for the sound tuning of the ML system?
Old 11-29-22, 08:10 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 532 Likes on 347 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by anniedrea
Understanding that sound is subjective, what do you think are the optimal settings for the sound tuning of the ML system?
Treble second setting louder,for voice clarity. midrange leave in middle , bass first setting louder. Also two thoughts on balance and fade, (1) leave default in middle (2) move emphasis slightly to the right and slightly back. (2) seems to give a fuller and more robust sound otherwise the front speakers completely overpower the rear surround, but some prefer that, option (1) IMHO

The ML audio is very good!

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 11-30-22, 08:09 AM
anniedrea
Driver

Originally Posted by midcow3
Treble second setting louder,for voice clarity. midrange leave in middle , bass first setting louder. Also two thoughts on balance and fade, (1) leave default in middle (2) move emphasis slightly to the right and slightly back. (2) seems to give a fuller and more robust sound otherwise the front speakers completely overpower the rear surround, but some prefer that, option (1) IMHO

The ML audio is very good!

YMMV,
MidCow3
Ok, I will try this out. Thanks!

I like the system too. Trying to find the best sound quality to my liking. Just wish the controls would stop adjusting on their own grrrr. Not sure why I’m experiencing that.
Old 11-30-22, 08:51 AM
kg130
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Just wish the controls would stop adjusting on their own grrrr. Not sure why I’m experiencing that.
1. The sound controls are tied to your profile.
2. Each music source has their own individual sound setting. For each music source that you use, you need to adjust the settings for each.
Old 11-30-22, 09:09 AM
anniedrea
Driver

Originally Posted by kg130
1. The sound controls are tied to your profile.
2. Each music source has their own individual sound setting. For each music source that you use, you need to adjust the settings for each.
Oh ok. That makes sense re: #2. However, I also feel like they’re switching on their own while I’m in the same source. When I first got the car, I noticed the settings would go back to the default each time I got in the car. I’m the sole driver.
Old 11-30-22, 09:34 AM
kg130
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh ok. That makes sense re: #2. However, I also feel like they’re switching on their own while I’m in the same source. When I first got the car, I noticed the settings would go back to the default each time I got in the car. I’m the sole driver.
So I just checked this out. I have one setting for Apple Carplay music and the same settings for FM and Sirius. I changed the settings for FM, turned the car off, and restarted. I checked the sound settings for FM, and they showed the updated changes. Apple Carplay and Sirius were still the same.

Unless you're not using a profile, I do not understand why your settings go back to the defaults.
Old 11-30-22, 09:59 AM
anniedrea
Driver

Originally Posted by kg130
So I just checked this out. I have one setting for Apple Carplay music and the same settings for FM and Sirius. I changed the settings for FM, turned the car off, and restarted. I checked the sound settings for FM, and they showed the updated changes. Apple Carplay and Sirius were still the same.

Unless you're not using a profile, I do not understand why your settings go back to the defaults.
I’ll keep an eye out on it. Thank you for the help!
Old 11-30-22, 03:20 PM
gcskoor
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Surround sound - I tried it, but it seemed to add little value and made the treble even harsher/rough- recommend set to OFF
Treble-- default
Mid. -default
Bass- set to lower it a bit. Still playing with it.

In general, the ML is the first car that I actually listen to music more than just for casual listening. For the $1000 upgrade in Lux option, I would recommend it. I found the treble to be its bigness weakness- it just seems overall hard and does not have the sparkle of a good high-end home systems. If you turn up the trebile trying to compensate, for me, it just gets harsher sounding.

But being in a car, it is no home high-end audio system. Frankly, with the noise floor being around 70 db, it is the limiting factor for any car even wth an unlimited budget, if you value your ears. The bass is impressive, but I overall, I find it trying to hard to impress. I tap it down a bit. But if your in to bass and all the thumps, you will love it. So far minimal rattles for most music.