NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

NX 2022 keeps asking for my PIN

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-23, 06:12 PM
Kenasch
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug007
As an update, since I changed the authentication to every 12 hours, along with a physical connection, I've had no issues with the PIN request dilemma.
I changed authentication to every 12 hours but still get the PIN request. It should not be necessary to connect my phone physically. I get the PIN request at exactly the same locations every time so I have to assume the issue is with the cell signal being weak. As soon as I see the message I click "Cancel" and it restores the connection. There has to be a way to avoid this message.
Old 01-17-23, 02:27 PM
Gen2NX
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok , This was the only thing we had to go back to the dealership for . And the technician fixed it with my wife , so if for some reason it came back she could possibly fix it herself . Well it’s happened again so another trip to the dealer will be making . This time we will be taking both key fobs to make sure this wasn’t the problem. Will see what happens. And keep you all informed on the subject .
Old 01-17-23, 04:08 PM
Kenasch
Driver

Originally Posted by Gen2NX
Ok , This was the only thing we had to go back to the dealership for . And the technician fixed it with my wife , so if for some reason it came back she could possibly fix it herself . Well it’s happened again so another trip to the dealer will be making . This time we will be taking both key fobs to make sure this wasn’t the problem. Will see what happens. And keep you all informed on the subject .
Do you know what the tech did to fix the problem? I'm thinking of going to my dealer, but worry that they won't know how to fix it. Also did you attempt to fix it yourself and what were the steps. I'm still having the problem on almost every trip over the same locations. I actually had one drive recently where it didn't happen but I don't know that I did anything differently.
Old 01-18-23, 07:28 AM
Gen2NX
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenasch
Do you know what the tech did to fix the problem? I'm thinking of going to my dealer, but worry that they won't know how to fix it. Also did you attempt to fix it yourself and what were the steps. I'm still having the problem on almost every trip over the same locations. I actually had one drive recently where it didn't happen but I don't know that I did anything differently.
When the wife gets home from work I’ll see if she can post something . But this all started again when I used the spare key fob to go to the store .
and she. Can’t remember so when we go back to the dealership where taking my son .

Last edited by Gen2NX; 01-19-23 at 12:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SgtLip (03-16-23)
Old 01-20-23, 05:36 PM
Kenasch
Driver

I think I may have actually solved the problem. Unfortunately I can't document the actual steps that I took, but using the Lexus screen I was able to disconnect the Iphone connection to the vehicle. I then reconnected using my PIN. So far it seems to be working as today I drove without having to reenter my PIN when driving through areas with weak cell service. So it may have been as simple as disconnecting and then reconnecting. I hope it lasts!
Old 01-30-23, 09:35 AM
Kenasch
Driver

I am no longer getting the enter PIN popup so I may have solved the problem (for now) as I wrote in the prior message above. I did get a "Wireless Connection failed" popup though and I reentered my PIN and that seems to have gone away too. As others have reported, waiting 10 to 15 seconds before starting car may help also. Finally, my wife ( she drives the car as Guest) has not used the car in a while. I have to test to see if driving the car after she does will cause any of this to reoccur.
Old 01-30-23, 12:36 PM
2022NX350
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the same problem for a few weeks and after entering MANY wrongs codes I found out it was asking for 6 digit PIN that is in the Lexus App. In the Lexus App on my iPhone, I select user in the upper right corner of the screen, then select account, then select security settings. It is the 6 digit account PIN and if you don't remember it from when you set it up you can reset it. It seemed to ask for the code after I owned the vehicle for about 4 months and no idea why it started asking for the PIN but after I put in the correct code it has been a few months and not asked for it again.
Old 02-02-23, 07:55 AM
Doug007
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

I'm now finding that taking the extra step and using a USB for a hard connection has solved the problem. We took ours in for the 5000 mile service in a dealership while traveling. I spoke to the service manager about the issue and he first stated that Lexus doesn't have wireless connectivity. He then corrected himself. Didn't exactly inspire confidence and am very glad this is not my home dealership. The "technology expert" had heard of the issue and at least followed a few forums so was aware of the issue but had no solution.
Old 02-04-23, 03:12 PM
43sbest
Pit Crew

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Many bugs in the new technology

[QUOTE=Kenasch;11416241]I have searched this forum but still cannot find a solution for this. While driving, my display keeps randomly asking for my PIN. I can cancel the request and still use Carplay but this is really annoying. It appears that this is happening whenever their is a weak cell phone signal. Is there a way to stop the PIN requests.

The new technology in the 2022 NX and probably the 2023 NX & RX has a lot of problems that Lexus doesn't have an answer or fix for. Lexus apparently released the technology before it was checked out completely because Lexus was way behind the competition so they had to do something. My 2022 NX Lux.350 AWD has been to the dealer 5 times and none of the three Tech have a clue as to how to fix the problems--------------I think I know more about the car than they do. The "hey Lexus" doesn't understand some simple request such as "hey Lexus call home" the reply about 90% of the time is "you don't have home set up as a destination"! The "cloud" based nav. system is a joke, when my car is parked at my home it shows it parked two homes to the north. Lexus went to the "cloud" for one reason, MONEY. Unlike hard drive Nav systems that show the maps and work even if you don't renew when the 3 year trial expires on the Lexus cloud system the display is blank. We drive my 2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E Black Edition 95% of the time. Anyone want a 5 month old NX (garage kept) with less than 1,000 miles on it?
SgtLip (03-16-23)
Old 02-13-23, 08:56 AM
Kenasch
Driver

When the wife gets home from work I’ll see if she can post something . But this all started again when I used the spare key fob to go to the store .
and she. Can’t remember so when we go back to the dealership where taking my son .
Can you update this regarding what exactly the dealership did to correct this? Thanks.
Old 02-13-23, 08:59 AM
Kenasch
Driver

I am no longer getting the enter PIN popup so I may have solved the problem (for now) as I wrote in the prior message above. I did get a "Wireless Connection failed" popup though and I reentered my PIN and that seems to have gone away too. As others have reported, waiting 10 to 15 seconds before starting car may help also. Finally, my wife ( she drives the car as Guest) has not used the car in a while. I have to test to see if driving the car after she does will cause any of this to reoccur.
Updating this to report that I am now getting the PIN reset message again, rather frequently. I also get a message (separately) that the network is not available. I hope the dealer can fix this when I go in for my first warranty service visit.
Old 02-13-23, 09:24 AM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

I find that if I, while in the garage, start my car and give it time to connect to the server, it does not prompt me for the pin.
Old 02-13-23, 03:07 PM
43sbest
Pit Crew

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

I have searched this forum but still cannot find a solution for this. While driving, my display keeps randomly asking for my PIN. I can cancel the request and still use Carplay but this is really annoying. It appears that this is happening whenever their is a weak cell phone signal. Is there a way to stop the PIN requests?
Your lucky this is your only problem. The Lexus app on my phone dropped my NX last week and none of the techs can figure out why or how to get it back. This just adds to the many problems my new NX has. Florida has a LEMON law and that looks like where I'll end up.
Old 02-13-23, 04:55 PM
Kenasch
Driver

Originally Posted by Dkaplan
I find that if I, while in the garage, start my car and give it time to connect to the server, it does not prompt me for the pin.
I do the same and do not need the PIN while in the garage and before starting my drive. However, during my drive I am asked numerous times for the PIN. This can actually be a safety hazard as entering the PIN while driving would be dangerous. I can just cancel the request and usually the infotainment restarts Carplay after a while. This is still bothersome and can make using maps with Carplay difficult. I am also being told by pop up messages that the network is not available various random times during my drive.
Old 02-15-23, 08:03 PM
HowArya25
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can’t Get Rid of the Pin Request

I bought my 2023 NX less than a month ago and within the last few days, the pin window has popped up. It seems to be more frequent, popping up every couple of minutes. I reset the pin a few times and it’s not working. Has anyone heard any updates on this? Is there a fix?
Bobcon05 (02-28-23)

Quick Reply: NX 2022 keeps asking for my PIN